PDA

View Full Version : Level by Level Skill Guide

jb57542
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
I have not seen a guide specific to this yet so I’ll try and make one for all the new sorcerers. As a personal note you should go pure INT in your build up to awesomeness because it maximizes you’re damage and you’re damage increases everything that comes out of you including skill damage and even how much health you are healed. While you level don’t bother with buying new equipment until later and complete as many quest as you can to earn some gold along the way.

This build is about the best I’ve discovered for PVP/PVE and allow you to level up the easiest. I know there will be variations some people may suggest with shield or lighting but this is one sorcerer’s suggestion. For my credentials I’ve been on the leader boards for two seasons running, have over 90k PVE kills with around 600 deaths, 6500 PVP kills and 3200 deaths with 852 flags.

First I feel any good sorcerer should start by getting their most useful skills out first, hence my first 14 skill selections in order by level:

2. Unlock Fireball skill
3. Unlock Heal
4. Unlock Heal sub skill Empower
5. Unlock Fireball sub skill Impact
6. Unlock Frost Bolt skill
7. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Ice Wielder
8. Unlock Time Shift
9. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Freeze Time
10. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Countdown of Pain
11. Unlock Fireball sub skill Engulf
12. Unlock Fireball sub skill Ignite
13. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Jagged Ice
14. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Shiver
15. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Dodge and Death

At this point you are level 15 and have all of your core skills unlocked. This part of your build is the same even for me at lvl 31. Next we move onto the passive skills and I’ll put some variation in here for some people’s person preference. I also suggest for you to buy a new weapon and some cheap gear, either lvl 15/16 since it’s the most abundant. In addition from here on out if you find yourself dying a lot look to buy gear every five levels or so, this will enable you to pick gear from previous lvl caps where gear should be the most abundant.

16. Add to passive skill Knowledge
17. Add to passive skill Knowledge
18. Add to passive skill Knowledge
19. Add to passive skill Knowledge
20. Add to passive skill Knowledge
21. Add to passive skill Agility
22. Add to passive skill Agility
23. Add to passive skill Agility
24. Add to passive skill Agility
25. Add to passive skill Agility

Now you are lvl 25 and have maxed out you’re base damage stats. Now its decision time and how you want to complete you’re mage. There are three primary paths you can use the rest of your 6 skill points on Critical Shot (crit mage), Damage (max damage mage) or Might (for a better survivability mage). I suggest you pick you’re path and max out one of these three passives, otherwise you’ll water down the effect if you spread you’re passive between all three. I’m personally a crit mage making using of Fatality armor and select pets to maintain 17% crit or more all the time.

26. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
27. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
28. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
29. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
30. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
31. You’re choice - My suggestion is invest into the remaining Time Shift skill or one of the above mentioned passives (I like damage over might).

katish
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm curious as to how much health you run around with in PVP with this build and the gear you have..

Personally I love the fire/clock/ice combo for PVE, but in PVP it seems to not be enough damage to get kills, and I find the clock very difficult to drop as it requires me to walk into the fight - and without shield in PVP, for my squishy lil blue behind, that's a sure way to die.

jb57542
05-23-2013, 05:15 AM
I have a few loadouts designed to sacrifice a small piece of my damage for mostly health. I use Nordr Jewel of Brutality as my primary wep, security/tactics helm, tactics body armor, warfare/brutality ring and Glephnir/assault/brutality amulete. I'll switch out my loads and pets depending on the situation. My main damage loadout with Clyde will give me 20% crit, about 2100 health and 286 damage (I have no mythic in any build). My load out with Mali gives me 2500 health, 277 damage and almost 16% crit.

So depending on my team depends on what I use but I fine I can use the fire, ice, time, heal skills even in PVP with careful timing. One thing to remember with time is that it drops about 2 meter in front of u when standing still also walls and corners don't effect time ;).

katish
05-23-2013, 09:04 AM
walls and corners don't seem to affect those damn rogues's arrows either lol!

BTW this is my favority mage build too, except I go with shield instead of heal because I do mostly elite pve :)

Really nice guild! I hope they stick it :)

Cremated
05-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Awesome thread someone make this for different classes!

Cremated
05-23-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a few loadouts designed to sacrifice a small piece of my damage for mostly health. I use Nordr Jewel of Brutality as my primary wep, security/tactics helm, tactics body armor, warfare/brutality ring and Glephnir/assault/brutality amulete. I'll switch out my loads and pets depending on the situation. My main damage loadout with Clyde will give me 20% crit, about 2100 health and 286 damage (I have no mythic in any build). My load out with Mali gives me 2500 health, 277 damage and almost 16% crit.

So depending on my team depends on what I use but I fine I can use the fire, ice, time, heal skills even in PVP with careful timing. One thing to remember with time is that it drops about 2 meter in front of u when standing still also walls and corners don't effect time ;).

IGN?

jb57542
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
IGN?

Gaieje is my IGN.

Alhuntrazeck
05-24-2013, 10:51 PM
You're Gaieje? Wow.

jb57542
05-28-2013, 02:25 PM
You're Gaieje? Wow.

Yep and finally back on a leader board this season :).

Also if anybody wants me to add additional info to this please let me know.

uzidredar
05-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Wow great guide. Have you tried shield instead of heal?
I have no proof but I have the impression it is working well for me. I just got to 31. I am running with crappy gear fire, lighting, frost and shield and I am doing decent in groups (slightly> 1 k/d)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jb57542
05-31-2013, 02:14 PM
Wow great guide. Have you tried shield instead of heal?
I have no proof but I have the impression it is working well for me. I just got to 31. I am running with crappy gear fire, lighting, frost and shield and I am doing decent in groups (slightly> 1 k/d)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried with shield by itself. I think being in PvP without a mana heal greatly weakens you're team, especially mana hungry rogues. I typically can do well in PVP except in one on one with another mage using shield.

TheBitDefender
06-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Thanks for the guide. I'm currently enjoying my sorc because of your guide. I'm having a hard time because of only epic gears buy this build really suits, for me that is, low gears. just need to play alittle smarter :D thanks again

jb57542
06-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the guide. I'm currently enjoying my sorc because of your guide. I'm having a hard time because of only epic gears buy this build really suits, for me that is, low gears. just need to play alittle smarter :D thanks again

I'm glad you found it useful, if you have any feedback as you progress or want to see some info added, please let me know.

keikali
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Gaieje thanks for the guide. I love this build. The only thing I always debated on always was seeing if taking out Lifegiver and putting in Arcane Shield would benefit for solo boss mobs since you can always pot and they're cheap.

jb57542
06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I agree chugging pots is an option especially for end gamers who have gold. I think you're suggestion would work best with elite bosses. When I do certain elite bosses I used Mali paired with will armor. This does reduce you're damage a chunk typically and reduces you're chance of being one shot killed.

_FX
07-08-2013, 09:57 AM
do one more for rogue or warrior plz
and ur guide helps me alot. thank you very much.

jb57542
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
do one more for rogue or warrior plz
and ur guide helps me alot. thank you very much.

I do have a warrior and rogue but mage has been my primary class. I'll see if I can come up with an intelligent guide for the other classes. Also I'm glad to see you found this helpful.

_FX
07-09-2013, 05:02 AM
I do have a warrior and rogue but mage has been my primary class. I'll see if I can come up with an intelligent guide for the other classes. Also I'm glad to see you found this helpful.

ok. thank you

rayzin
07-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey! Im 24 sorc with that build and i have some questations:
1. Crit mage good for PVE?
2. what gear should i use? With dex&int or int&str
3. What pet should i buy for a crit mage?
Thx!

keikali
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Hey! Im 24 sorc with that build and i have some questations:
1. Crit mage good for PVE?
2. what gear should i use? With dex&int or int&str
3. What pet should i buy for a crit mage?
Thx!

1) Its okay. But most people go crit for Lightning mainly for PvP, but I use it for PvE and PvP.
2) I suggest INT & STR (which is "of Security" items). Unless you are doing a Curse mage where dmg stat isn't necessary but helpful, this case you get alot of STR.
3) Clyde, Horton, Ribbit are the notable crit ones. There are also others.

My current rotation is Clyde, Horton, Ribbit, Wrathjaw, & Misty. I have a Flap-Jack for reserve if they all go unhappy.

rayzin
07-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info but isnt dex&int better to get more crit rate? And what about rings and staff?

keikali
07-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Dex does add 5HP per point along with some dmg and crit.

But NEVER sacrifice more damage for less survivability. Don't gimp yourself where you're below 2.3K hp or so. I see so many mages do this and they wonder why they die so fast.

rayzin
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
I have 1500 hp -.-
What items should i use then? Im 24..

TehDookOfPrunes
10-31-2013, 11:02 PM
What starter pet should we start with?

Saribeau
11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I have not seen a guide specific to this yet so I’ll try and make one for all the new sorcerers. As a personal note you should go pure INT in your build up to awesomeness because it maximizes you’re damage and you’re damage increases everything that comes out of you including skill damage and even how much health you are healed. While you level don’t bother with buying new equipment until later and complete as many quest as you can to earn some gold along the way.

This build is about the best I’ve discovered for PVP/PVE and allow you to level up the easiest. I know there will be variations some people may suggest with shield or lighting but this is one sorcerer’s suggestion. For my credentials I’ve been on the leader boards for two seasons running, have over 90k PVE kills with around 600 deaths, 6500 PVP kills and 3200 deaths with 852 flags.

First I feel any good sorcerer should start by getting their most useful skills out first, hence my first 14 skill selections in order by level:

2. Unlock Fireball skill
3. Unlock Heal
4. Unlock Heal sub skill Empower
5. Unlock Fireball sub skill Impact
6. Unlock Frost Bolt skill
7. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Ice Wielder
8. Unlock Time Shift
9. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Freeze Time
10. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Countdown of Pain
11. Unlock Fireball sub skill Engulf
12. Unlock Fireball sub skill Ignite
13. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Jagged Ice
14. Unlock Frost Bolt sub skill Shiver
15. Unlock Time Shift sub skill Dodge and Death

At this point you are level 15 and have all of your core skills unlocked. This part of your build is the same even for me at lvl 31. Next we move onto the passive skills and I’ll put some variation in here for some people’s person preference. I also suggest for you to buy a new weapon and some cheap gear, either lvl 15/16 since it’s the most abundant. In addition from here on out if you find yourself dying a lot look to buy gear every five levels or so, this will enable you to pick gear from previous lvl caps where gear should be the most abundant.

16. Add to passive skill Knowledge
17. Add to passive skill Knowledge
18. Add to passive skill Knowledge
19. Add to passive skill Knowledge
20. Add to passive skill Knowledge
21. Add to passive skill Agility
22. Add to passive skill Agility
23. Add to passive skill Agility
24. Add to passive skill Agility
25. Add to passive skill Agility

Now you are lvl 25 and have maxed out you’re base damage stats. Now its decision time and how you want to complete you’re mage. There are three primary paths you can use the rest of your 6 skill points on Critical Shot (crit mage), Damage (max damage mage) or Might (for a better survivability mage). I suggest you pick you’re path and max out one of these three passives, otherwise you’ll water down the effect if you spread you’re passive between all three. I’m personally a crit mage making using of Fatality armor and select pets to maintain 17% crit or more all the time.

26. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
27. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
28. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
29. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
30. Add to passive skill Critical Shot/Damage/Might
31. You’re choice - My suggestion is invest into the remaining Time Shift skill or one of the above mentioned passives (I like damage over might).

seems like this wouldn't work so well pvp with no shield. seems like you would have a lot more deaths unless you didn't encounter any rogues...

jb57542
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I agree since the new expansion this build wouldn't be as optium for PVP. But it's still a solid universal build for leveling and getting a new mage off the ground.

keikali
11-06-2013, 08:30 AM
I agree since the new expansion this build wouldn't be as optium for PVP. But it's still a solid universal build for leveling and getting a new mage off the ground.

Gaieje, it was nice to see you pop up again on my friends list. I'm guessing you took a hiatus before and now capping?

This build is still my foundation PvE build and it hasn't failed me yet. Allowing me to solo almost all ELITE maps including some Shuyal ones with decent times.

In PvP this build is decent to good for CLASH battles, but 1v1 its no go without shield since a Rogue AS crit will kill you.

jb57542
11-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Gaieje, it was nice to see you pop up again on my friends list. I'm guessing you took a hiatus before and now capping?

This build is still my foundation PvE build and it hasn't failed me yet. Allowing me to solo almost all ELITE maps including some Shuyal ones with decent times.

In PvP this build is decent to good for CLASH battles, but 1v1 its no go without shield since a Rogue AS crit will kill you.

I'm glad to hear this build is still holding as I still think it's one of the best for a startup mage.

I did take a break from AL and been playing Battle Dragons (top 25 there). Working on capping now about 3k exp left, so hopefully you will see me in PvP again soon.

I've given up on AL leaderboards as it's gotten so expensive to stay on them and requires too much time. Part of the reason for my hiatus Once you accept that fact this game becomes fun again :).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk