PDA

View Full Version : 2013-05-23 Content Update (121268)

H2N
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Double XP is on, now through Monday, May 27! Pets level up 2X as fast too!
60 minute Combo Elixir on sale for Memorial Day Weekend!
Locked Grand Crates of the Watch have DOUBLE ODDS to give out a Mythic or Arcane item or pet – but only during this weekend!
Back in the pool for Memorial Day Weekend! Pick up the fearsome Ripmaw Pet before he dives too deep to catch again!
Mythic Warrior Weapon Vigilant Pavise now can stun bosses with proc, has damage boosted slightly, and has an increase in armor value.
Level 30 and 31 players now have a chance to receive free access to the Mines of Nordia as a reward from Klaas.
Players who die in PvP will now be invulnerable until they leave the spawn room.
Corrected issues with Philippines Flag and Canada Flag Banners.
Snow Wolf pets now have appropriate sounds and animations for their happy, trick, and related non cast abilities.
Reduced Frostir's basic and heavy melee attack damage.
The guild window now displays the location of online guild members.

Lalarie
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Yay first!

AND AWESOME UPDATE! Except Ripmaw....

Bootdaddy
05-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Spawn room thing is awesome i like this
Question is the spawn thing just a test this weekend or a long time thing?

Athenum
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
You're fast Lala! And thanks for the double XP! Love it!

Lady_Pebbles
05-23-2013, 05:52 PM
I like the majority of this patch. Good job!

Edit: I agree with Lala lol.

jtst
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Nice patch! No arcane pets fix only sadness

Phoebehottie
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I really wish i get a mythic item hahahah i wish

Swede
05-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Spawn room thing is awesome i like this
Question is the spawn thing just a test this weekend or a long time thing?

Well it might need some refinement in case someone finds a way to exploit it but no, it's not just for the weekend.

Ihityoudie
05-23-2013, 05:54 PM
yay

Bootdaddy
05-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Well it might need some refinement in case someone finds a way to exploit it but no, it's not just for the weekend.

Sweet

hotpimp
05-23-2013, 05:58 PM
How will normal people get leaderboards?...

Spyce
05-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Yay!

Brochaz
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Sounds mostly good... Reducing frostirs damage is LONG overdue. Glad to see ripmaw available again. Would be nice if platinum sale would be set up for the weekend also.

Myodda
hey guys 5 stars for you
you sure know how to keep up the work
Nice one

nofree
ripmaw?

Gameplay
05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
The spawn room people will camp outside of it until the others run out of it

unknownkj
05-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Would be great if they were to throw in another plat sale. Would definitely get a ripmaw. I miss you

JaytB
05-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Very nice update!

Groanicek
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Nice i always die in pvp . Im a noob

Njsl1ck
05-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Time to lvl :))

arab90
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
most people need Polish Banner!

Spicy1
05-23-2013, 06:10 PM
OK, rogues really need to learn to complain. It seems it has some great power to get buffs.
On a more serious note, you really should do some skill refinements with rogues since last nerf affected so much our gameplay. Atleast I have noticed a major difference. :/ Anyways, good job with warrior weapon, more damage=more aggro, right? ;)

Energizeric
05-23-2013, 06:16 PM

The only exploit I can think of is maybe a warrior does his axe throw from the room and sucks you in and then kills you while he's invulnerable. I think the invulnerability should end once you attack someone (or maybe once you use any of your skills or weapon attack).

Yakiniku
05-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Are these invulnerable people allowed to attack? Because if they can, near-death players will end up running to the spawn rooms hoping to get protection from their invulnerable friends.

chitgoks
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
that is not the only one that got fixed. sts forgot to mention you cant fight alpha wolf alone anymore on the bridge

it resets when it goes within the bridge area :p no way am i wasting pots on this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Slashdatgash
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM

It's better than getting killed before being able to move. As a spawn ganker and gankee, I enjoy the spawn room invulnerability. Only has one bad thing about it, which is people may just camp in there for a full game. But you can just capture the flag.

Edit: I realise now that if they attack they don't lose the shield. This should be fixed asap as people are exploiting it pretty badly atm. (Running out then back in to their invulnerable teammates to kill people)

Haowesie
05-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Is it just me, or agro on heal came back?

inkredible
05-23-2013, 08:02 PM
this is my fave
Players who die in PvP will now be invulnerable until they leave the spawn room.

Xeriuss
05-23-2013, 08:26 PM

The only exploit I can think of is maybe a warrior does his axe throw from the room and sucks you in and then kills you while he's invulnerable. I think the invulnerability should end once you attack someone (or maybe once you use any of your skills or weapon attack).

Great idea :)

OT: Very nice update!

Valsacar
05-23-2013, 10:12 PM
that is not the only one that got fixed. sts forgot to mention you cant fight alpha wolf alone anymore on the bridge

it resets when it goes within the bridge area :p no way am i wasting pots on this

You're not wrong... this kind of pisses me off because that was the spot I ran the most. Before, if I couldn't find a good party to run with, I knew I at least had there to run... thanks STS, you took away the one spot that I actually logged in to run.

marshmallow
05-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Good update! Thanks STS!

Uzii
05-24-2013, 04:26 AM
nice overal update.

just one thing why no better odds for mythic and arcane also in elite golden chests (war-, banded)?

nofree
05-24-2013, 05:30 AM
Is anyone know what's the use of new npc at brackenridge village?

Haligali
05-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Is anyone know what's the use of new npc at brackenridge village?

What new npc? He was never there.. :)))

Wowsome
05-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Sounds exciting! I hope that the issue with Chrome Update is fixed.

Darko
05-24-2013, 06:25 AM
I like the update overall, seen several issues with spawn invulnerability...players simply Camp there and dare you to come in...we even tried getting a person out with two axe throws in a row, still didn't work. ..players are running to their invulberable friends and we can't follow or we are dead.., ive also seen how its easier to fix games, (put someone of other teams side, and just kick it after you die once ) that pissed me off, because nobody can kill him....there has to be a time limit...

stackz
05-24-2013, 06:54 AM

Yeah great idea but this will happen.

I say keep flag area where they are and relocate spawn to middle with several ways to exit to help reduce spawn camping.

Spawn camper sits at one of three entrances and u can leave another one. Once out of spawn u can't go back in so even if camper chaes one guy out and kills...he can't go back in and wait and chase again.

Reggin
05-24-2013, 07:18 AM
People are exploiting the permanent shield thing in several ways and there is an easy solution. Just put a timer on the shield for like 30 seconds. Or just make it so they also deal no damage while shielded. Here are some ways people are exploiting already:

- One person gets the flag, runs it to their spawn and dies so the flag is picked up by the shielded guy. Since he is invulnerable, they can just farm and ruin CTF.

- It takes a coordinated team effort of at least two people, but I've seen two warriors do it already. When the enemy flag carrier is running past your spawn hallway, a warrior in the hall uses axe throw and a second warrior that is shielded uses axe throw and pulls your own flag into your spawn. It's then impossible for the other team to win.

- Any pull or knock back skills can also be used to pull someone out of the safe area.

For the solution, I think considering the reason it was added needs to be considered. If it's too prevent spawn killing, a timer would work. If it's so people can idle or quit after a death, perhaps make it so it is unlimited time but drops as soon as you attack or use a skill. Also make it so a shielded person can't touch a flag without losing the shield.

Thoughts?

Syylent
05-24-2013, 08:07 AM
I like the update overall, seen several issues with spawn invulnerability...players simply Camp there and dare you to come in...we even tried getting a person out with two axe throws in a row, still didn't work. ..players are running to their invulberable friends and we can't follow or we are dead.., ive also seen how its easier to fix games, (put someone of other teams side, and just kick it after you die once ) that pissed me off, because nobody can kill him....there has to be a time limit...

Had a few taunting us last night being invuln. One or two would do the run out and run back. We just just rushed in and killed the ones that weren't invuln and ran back out again. Made the fight quite interesting and fun.

Would rather see a time limit on the shield and maybe a speed buff so they can run past the campers.

It was kinda fun entering my first match having 3 gankers sitting there waiting. Free kills for me. Silly them they came back again too.

Theholyangel
05-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Had a few taunting us last night being invuln. One or two would do the run out and run back. We just just rushed in and killed the ones that weren't invuln and ran back out again. Made the fight quite interesting and fun.

Would rather see a time limit on the shield and maybe a speed buff so they can run past the campers.

It was kinda fun entering my first match having 3 gankers sitting there waiting. Free kills for me. Silly them they came back again too.

Thats when you invite good ol' me, flozz and I were pulling em and stunning with pets all the way out because they didnt want to come out.

moonway03
05-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Nice update for AL,how about DL guys? Im sure its not that hard to make atleast new item drops

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Swede
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
It's better than getting killed before being able to move. As a spawn ganker and gankee, I enjoy the spawn room invulnerability. Only has one bad thing about it, which is people may just camp in there for a full game. But you can just capture the flag.

Edit: I realise now that if they attack they don't lose the shield. This should be fixed asap as people are exploiting it pretty badly atm. (Running out then back in to their invulnerable teammates to kill people)

So...leave? It's Capture the flag, go take the flag. No point hanging out around the spawn room.

Leeniskibac
05-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Players can use axe throw or push procs to get them out of spawn. Kinda makes the whole invulnerability pointless.

Syylent
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Thats when you invite good ol' me, flozz and I were pulling em and stunning with pets all the way out because they didnt want to come out.

Heehee inventive.

You all hurt too. :)

Sephiroth143
05-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Wat does it mean double odds?

Natrich
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Can 'invulnerable' players still get debuffed?

Lol, I'm taking it with a grain of salt

JaytB
05-24-2013, 11:14 AM

My guess is that if you had a 0.1% chance to get a mythic, it would be 0.2% now.

Snakespeare
05-24-2013, 12:16 PM

Awesome update, Swede. And I think you should reset the LB for PvP kills now that this exploit has been closed.

Excuses
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
So...leave? It's Capture the flag, go take the flag. No point hanging out around the spawn room.

Hmm.. that's out of point I think..

People farm kills. You know it. Staying in there with shield, pull other team with AT and kill. Seems just not right as spawn kill.

And when someone is flagging, they get out and kill the rest of the members because the team is unbalanced.

I saw whole team exploit the shield in there yesterday. Mage stun and warrior pull. Don't even need whole team. When one leaves for flag or move to other spawn, they come out and kill the rest. And keep other team unbalance for kill farm. Worse when I have a noob warrior in my team.

It was a nice idea but seems need to be improved.

Rare
05-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Seems like you guys changed some mechanics in elite Mt. Spyre as well. Didn't see any mention in the patch notes.

Seems that the wolf's leash was shortened a bit.

Uzii
05-24-2013, 01:08 PM

Seems like you guys changed some mechanics in elite Mt. Spyre as well. Didn't see any mention in the patch notes.

Seems that the wolf's leash was shortened a bit.

That are very unpleasant news.

Energizeric
05-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I was in a game yesterday and warriors were doing something that they called "fishing". They would sit by the edge of the other team's spawn room and use their axe throw to grab you and pull you out, then the other warrior would do the same thing and pull you out even further and then you were too far out and would lose your invulnerability and they would kill you.

The invulnerability should not only apply to taking damage, but also to being pulled or pushed using various skills.

Swede
05-24-2013, 01:22 PM
I was in a game yesterday and warriors were doing something that they called "fishing". They would sit by the edge of the other team's spawn room and use their axe throw to grab you and pull you out, then the other warrior would do the same thing and pull you out even further and then you were too far out and would lose your invulnerability and they would kill you.

The invulnerability should not only apply to taking damage, but also to being pulled or pushed using various skills.

Yeah I will change it to make you immune to that.

Rare
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah I will change it to make you immune to that.

What about pulling in?

Spects
05-24-2013, 02:36 PM
What about pulling in?

Just stay away from spawn.

Energizeric
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
What about pulling in?

Yeah, no need to go down the hallway towards the other team's spawn room. If you do then you are just asking for trouble.

Jed
05-24-2013, 06:30 PM
If there are no warriors to pull you, couldn't you sit just inside the spawn zone and enjoy hitting your opponents as they walked by while they couldn't touch you?

Or pull people in, as the above posts talked about. It's hard to get to the flag without walking by a spawn zone..

Frohnatur
05-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Sam hayne,
What exactly (in percent) are the odds in getting mythic and arcane items?

Jed
05-24-2013, 07:30 PM
I just thought of this: Someone dies. They revive. Someone is near the spawn zone, and a person near is pulled in or stunned, and the invulnerable person inside the spawn zone has the freedom to kill that person who walked by the spawn zone.
Once someone attacks someone else, their shield should go away. Otherwise some people are being cheap, standing where they have their shield and only attacking when people walk into their spawn zone.

Rare
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah, no need to go down the hallway towards the other team's spawn room. If you do then you are just asking for trouble.

So if someone goes running to their spawn room, i should just let them go? I dunno, seems like a lot of room for abuse. Rogue stay in spawn room invulnerable. Two, or three, warriors stay out and pull people into range.

I say, you got the bible, you can't attack.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

wawawa64
05-24-2013, 07:43 PM
to fix the pvp problem, maybe you can just make the invulnerability also has a debuff that make you have 0 damage or 0 hit chance. So you are invincible, but you also can't kill anyone.

kiffnshey
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
nice update and execellent job team STS, hope will loot arcane weapon or mythic amor for warrior lol still doing hard work for it, i give 5 star for giving more chance to having mythic n arcane :-)

Rare
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM
I just thought of this: Someone dies. They revive. Someone is near the spawn zone, and a person near is pulled in or stunned, and the invulnerable person inside the spawn zone has the freedom to kill that person who walked by the spawn zone.
Once someone attacks someone else, their shield should go away. Otherwise some people are being cheap, standing where they have their shield and only attacking when people walk into their spawn zone.

Good idea. You're invulnerable until you attack or use a skill.

chitgoks
05-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Good idea. You're invulnerable until you attack or use a skill.

i also think that when you attack your damage to the enemy will be minimal. sometimes waiting till someone attacks you can be frustrating and can catch you off-guard a little

Phoebehottie
05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Me want more vanities

Vanities with effects

Phoebehottie
05-24-2013, 09:11 PM
We want platinum sale

Platinum sale

Platinum sale

Yay

Phoebehottie
05-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Agree with me guys hahhaha

So they will hear us out

Sephiroth143
05-25-2013, 02:20 AM
Rly... I got all my mythics after i opened each 10 crates but now this double odds, i open 14 crates not 1 mythic drop. So i stop openin crates for now. Im waitin for the 80% high rate drop occasion again or platinum sales. At least i dont feel like im wastin money.. :/

kiffnshey
05-25-2013, 10:22 AM

LoL SWEDE THEY LIKE TO KILL PLAYERS THOSE ARE OUT NUMBERS THAT WHY THE WHOLE TEAM WAITING OUTSIDE SPAWN ROOM TO KILL

kiffnshey
05-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Rly... I got all my mythics after i opened each 10 crates but now this double odds, i open 14 crates not 1 mythic drop. So i stop openin crates for now. Im waitin for the 80% high rate drop occasion again or platinum sales. At least i dont feel like im wastin money.. :/
yeahh daily i open locked 8 and today i repurchase plat and open 14 locked but nothing if double odds should be 80% chance i really need arcane weapon or mythic amor for warror pls make double odds is happening ::victorious:

Naujokas
05-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Very nice Updates i love the double xp, thanks :)

Naujokas
05-25-2013, 10:57 AM
OH i almost forgot, would be cool if you guys add free platinium too :D

febi
05-25-2013, 11:30 AM
I open many locked chest..i wish get a warrior mythic but i get zonk..lol

unknownkj
05-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Opened about 13 crates and got nothing. So much for twice the rate

Energizeric
05-26-2013, 04:19 AM
Opened about 13 crates and got nothing. So much for twice the rate

The original rate was considerably higher than 100-to-1 for mythic and probably 2000-to-1 for arcane. So double the rate means maybe if you open 50-100 crates you will get a mythic, and maybe 1000 crates will give you an arcane item. They are very rare. This post made me laugh actually. Kind of like someone complaining they didn't win the powerball lottery because they purchased 50 tickets.

medelin
05-26-2013, 07:49 AM
nice

Slashdatgash
05-26-2013, 12:42 PM

It's also "PvP" - Player vs Player
Some people prefer killing rather than capping the flag.

Isn't there another game, of yours, that has a Deathmatch Arena? Why not implement that here...

Chourika
05-26-2013, 01:08 PM
I hate the spawn thing... if you have a twink and the noobs are afk etc you must leave the room sucks :(

Theholyangel
05-26-2013, 01:33 PM

This is driving me nuts. Every since match people camp there, taunt us, and those who get too close just get killed.

Spects
05-26-2013, 01:43 PM

This is driving me nuts. Every since match people camp there, taunt us, and those who get too close just get killed.
Go farm some flags and win the match.

Theholyangel
05-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Flags dont matter to 90% of pvpers.

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Guess I make up that 10%. Its mainly CTF, so go get some flags and rub it in their faces till they come out or better still, the match is won and you have (if ur the only one flagging) 5 more to add to the Champion achiev.

Syylent
05-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Flags dont matter to 90% of pvpers.

My 7 flag captures begs to differ with you.

I see maybe 2 people that go for the flags. I don't see the problem with CTF. If you want to go for the flag, go for it. If you don't, then don't. I am with ya buddy. That bubble is lame.

Yesterday 2 warriors ganking with a rogue shadow. My team stayed bubbled except for me. I even tested it by standing still alone and watching the 3 of the smoosh me. Every once in a while I would get one of the warriors alone and they would run to the protection of the others. Finally my team left and backup came. Problem was solved and the warriors bubbled up and laughed that I called for guildies. So they stayed in bubble protection. It was lame.

FluffNStuff
05-28-2013, 09:36 AM
Opinion question. To ~you~, what is the point of the safe spawn room. Seems like that needs to get clarified before it gets 'fixed'.