PDA

View Full Version : Invulnerability Shield xD

Lady_Pebbles
05-23-2013, 08:39 PM
It was just released and only lasts until you leave the spawn room. Comes back when you respawn again. I am loving this already lol. Only one small issue players seem to hate the fact that I can kill them if they enter or get near the spawn room... to which I say, "pfft, enter & leave at your own will!".

Grphics wise... The blue bubble around my toon is nice, looks like a mana shield though lol. I attached a cropped screenshot of it (hopefully it uploads).

Finally, no more ganging up on players that just respawned. We all get a chance to leave the respawn areas and fight on even ground (perse) or leave if we see the match is clearly fixed.

Thoughts so far on the first 5mins? LOL

inkredible
05-23-2013, 08:44 PM
its niceQ

Spyce
05-23-2013, 08:56 PM
People can still stand next to the respawn area and rush you once you get out.

Lady_Pebbles
05-23-2013, 09:02 PM
We can also fight back while in the zone and help protect team mates as they reenter the spawn room. #lure xD

vholt
05-23-2013, 10:22 PM
If people wait outside spawn room, you can wait in there as well. It won't be a stalemate once your whole team spawns in there; Then you have a force of your own to rush outside with.

Also i don't want to be that guy.. But... *invulnerability. :P

Cero
05-23-2013, 11:01 PM
delete

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 12:47 AM
@vholt: True and Im the typo queen so bleh.

@Cero: o.O Sounds like a bug!

Cero
05-24-2013, 02:29 AM
. yea sheild can be broken even without doing anything if you just stay for sometime...... so safe to say the protection has limits.

Madxnoob
05-24-2013, 05:22 AM
There really needs to be a timer on this bubble....because people just camp now..even a 5 min timer would be great..

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 05:35 AM
There really needs to be a timer on this bubble....because people just camp now..even a 5 min timer would be great..

I second this.

EDIT: shouldn't this be in the suggestions section too for more exposure?

Darko
05-24-2013, 06:31 AM
Has to be a timer, people are camping makiing game play not fun. ..and if they camp in your hallway big deal, its still 5 vs 5...

Chili
05-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Yup I enjoyed every min of my bubble as an entire team walked in lmao. But I will say that I did actually die one time... I take my whining back... This is beast mode at its best... Lol we had a warrior pulling them into spawn... It was beautiful.

Roberto077
05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Time for.... EXPLOITATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Excuses
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
But I think everyone should have shield even the other team when in there.

I see ppl just stay in there with their shield and try to stun with fire ball and pull other team in to spawn with AT. So cheating...
But once you are pulled no way to win or get out.

Need something for this.

Samhayne
05-24-2013, 12:36 PM
But I think everyone should have shield even the other team when in there.

I see ppl just stay in there with their shield and try to stun with fire ball and pull other team in to spawn with AT. So cheating...
But once you are pulled no way to win or get out.

Need something for this.

How is it cheating? If they are going to hide in their spawn, then ignore them and go on to capture the flag and win the game!

Roberto077
05-24-2013, 12:57 PM
How is it cheating? If they are going to hide in their spawn, then ignore them and go on to capture the flag and win the game!

Samhayne, the MLG pro ctf god of Arcane Legends. His strategies are no match for even the smartest of players!

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Exactly people! Its all about the flag not all about KDRs lol.

Erdnase
05-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes, flag or leave for another game. They are the only ones who can lose. With that said, i dont think a 1 min timer would hurt. It would give time to regroup, but not enough to slow the killing in the game.

Now about the way it operates. Is it suppose to lose its protection after using a skill, or is that a glitch?

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 01:04 PM
One minute timer is faulty for players who experience lag. Even slight lag can make that timer very faulty... i* think its currently fine as-is.

Edit: Probably a bug.. I was able to use my skills against anther player who was trying to spawn kill us &I had just entered the map.. the shield stayed up for me until I left the spawn room.

Erdnase
05-24-2013, 01:22 PM
One minute timer is faulty for players who experience lag. Even slight lag can make that timer very faulty... i* think its currently fine as-is.

Edit: Probably a bug.. I was able to use my skills against anther player who was trying to spawn kill us &I had just entered the map.. the shield stayed up for me until I left the spawn room.

Hmm true.

Yes, the shield stayed up for me also, but i received dmg as if it wasnt. Probably bug tho yes.

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Oh wow that sucks! I wonder if it has anything to do with the type of skills we use in pvp? I didn't see any of my team mates take dmg while the shield was up either.

Report it in the bug forum. (o.o)

Chili
05-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Exactly people! Its all about the flag not all about KDRs lol.

This will only be received by the masses when sts impliments a pvp only arena. The pvp system is new in arcane, expect to see people make it work for either desire atm.

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 01:40 PM
@chili: Its not really the answer either... as I said in Rob's thread, that type of arena (even DM) wouldn't weed out those types of players. Too many players worry about KDRs and don't play CtF the way they are supposed to. Maybe DM and locked rooms would help but only slightly. Perhaps a win/loss score instead of kills/deaths but even then they would merely care about ratios.

Chili
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
@chili: Its not really the answer either... as I said in Rob's thread, that type of arena (even DM) wouldn't weed out those types of players. Too many players worry about KDRs and don't play CtF the way they are supposed to. Maybe DM and locked rooms would help but only slightly. Perhaps a win/loss score instead of kills/deaths but even then they would merely care about ratios.

It seems to be just fine that way in pl, that's where im coming from

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Ah that makes sense now, I never really got into PL pvp (found it boring). Im from DL along with some other mmo's pvp. Generally, when achievements are involved the ratios is all that players seem to care about.

Im glad we have this shield in AL though, wonder how it'll work in the other StS games if implemented...

... we will probably still see players* saying this though (view attachment). XD

Chili
05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Lol won't matter how perfect you make it, there will always be complainers and campers.

inkredible
05-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Ah that makes sense now, I never really got into PL pvp (found it boring). Im from DL along with some other mmo's pvp. Generally, when achievements are involved the ratios is all that players seem to care about.

Im glad we have this shield in AL though, wonder how it'll work in the other StS games if implemented...

... we will probably still see players* saying this though (view attachment). XD

im not a PL guy either, however i found dark legends pvp is legit,

Roberto077
05-24-2013, 07:44 PM

I started thinking, "what thread?" Then I realized I was on the AL forums

Alhuntrazeck
05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
I love it when some ppl haven't heard the news yet and try to spawn kill me. free kills :banana:
And if the enemy team camps out outside, I guess I can unload my arsenal of long-ranged attacks and KO them. woot. Love the update <3

Excuses
05-26-2013, 10:09 AM

Using the shield and 'fish' the players is not wrong you mean?
Don't you think it is cheating?
Then tell me what was wrong about spawn kill so you have to have the shield. Lol
For me being honest, that wasn't this wrong as a basic tactics of the battle. Making your enemy unbalanced and facing a fewer at a time for battle is perfect strategy when both team have same number of players.

I was addressing that i saw some problem, and you need some improvement to fix it. Like either giving everyone shield who is in spawn or remove attack when having shield. Because people 'exploit' it now.
Can't you take your supporter's opinion in better way?

Lady_Pebbles
05-27-2013, 08:09 AM
Then don't fall for it by going near their base lol. Its that simple... or try to lure them out... or better yet... get their flag. #win