PDA

View Full Version : Spawning Bubble~Pvp

Madxnoob
05-24-2013, 06:12 AM
A Suggestion::; a 5 min timer on this bubble, so people cant sit in the spawn and just talk non sense a.k.a. "Camping"...it completly stalls the match until they or never come out.... FEEDBACK::;?

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 06:18 AM
A Suggestion::; a 5 min timer on this bubble, so people cant sit in the spawn and just talk non sense a.k.a. "Camping"...it completly stalls the match until they or never come out.... FEEDBACK::;?

I second this, again. :P

The bubble makes it useless for 1v1's too. When someone spawns and interrupts the on-going match, you can't even kill them. :/

Madxnoob
05-24-2013, 07:05 AM
Well ima go ahead n say it...(its a team game) we know, but it coming down to a staring contest now or whoever talks the other out of the game... Guess if everyone's happy with it? Ill be hosting staring contest* Dont Blink!* ;-)

Rare
05-24-2013, 10:07 AM
what is the point in playing pvp if you don't want to come out to fight? What is this nonsense? lol

Edit: I'm not talking about you in particular. I've just seen several posts about "camping." I don't see the logic behind this tactic.

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Lol exactly the clue lies in the name itself 'Player Vs Player'

Samhayne
05-24-2013, 11:15 AM

I'm not sure how it "stalls" the match. The point of Capture the Flag is to do just that, Capture the Flag. If the enemy team is sitting in their spawn room then you have freedom to take their flag and cap it and win.

Aplyed
05-24-2013, 11:31 AM
I think most of us just wanna kill each other, u can only get so many flags before its just blah.

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 03:32 PM
It doesn't stall anything lol. Maybe now players will actually go for the flag instead of kill farming in spawns all day. #aboutfreakentime

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure how it "stalls" the match. The point of Capture the Flag is to do just that, Capture the Flag. If the enemy team is sitting in their spawn room then you have freedom to take their flag and cap it and win.

Why not take the kill counter off in the next update right? According to you, kills don't matter. In fact why have CTF kills in the leaderboards at all.

I'm not saying that the bubble was a completely bad idea, all I'm saying is that there should be a reasonable time limit within which they are allowed the invulnerability shield.
Or have a rule that if they attack the shield comes down.

It doesn't stall anything lol. Maybe now players will actually go for the flag instead of kill farming in spawns all day. #aboutfreakentime

EDIT: people do go for flags in the games I play, I don't know what bracket you play in. Most games last between 5-10mins.

Bless
05-24-2013, 04:08 PM

Why not take the kill counter off in the next update right? According to you, kills don't matter. In fact why have CTF kills in the leaderboards at all.

I'm not saying that the bubble was a completely bad idea, all I'm saying is that there should be a reasonable time limit within which they are allowed the invulnerability shield.
Or have a rule that if they attack the shield comes down.

EDIT: people do go for flags in the games I play, I don't know what bracket you play in. Most games last between 5-10mins. I love this guy! Thats exactly what I had in mind.

Madxnoob
05-24-2013, 04:41 PM
A timer would be great, who needs to sit in a spawn longer than 2-3 minutes..I dont think the attack thing would work because then all you would have to do is provoke their pet :+)

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 04:59 PM
A timer would be great, who needs to sit in a spawn longer than 2-3 minutes..I dont think the attack thing would work because then all you would have to do is provoke their pet :+)

What if pets were not included in the equation, pets do negligible amount of damage compared to the actual toon itself and all classes have healing skills.
I'm just throwing ideas out there to show some kind of compromise...

EDIT: However, I know nothing about programming games and it might be near impossible to achieve this. I myself personally would prefer the timer option.

Lady_Pebbles
05-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't really see the point of havin the timer... like Samhayne said, just go for the flags, get the goals and game over. Tadaaaa! No waiting. Or find another match now that its easier to leave them.

And I play @end game. :)

Rare
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Nvm

Laocagrid
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't really see the point of havin the timer... like Samhayne said, just go for the flags, get the goals and game over. Tadaaaa! No waiting. Or find another match now that its easier to leave them.

And I play @end game. :)

If the CTF part of the game mattered there would be a CTF win/loss count and leaderboard. But it doesn't - there is no recognition or reward for actually winning the game, however there is an incentive for getting kills.

The game isn't enjoyable when, lets be honest, all you do is capture the flag. Which in essence is the actual objective of the game but without kills I don't exactly see it being popular.

I'm mostly in lvl 10, recently made a lvl 15 to see how it's like there. :)

Madxnoob
05-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Well, ya dont give us timers...What do we do? Find away around it :-) So it takes 2 warriors to chain bait a player from spawn, 4 will throw them n the middle of the game....lol

Slashdatgash
05-26-2013, 12:32 PM

So I'm guessing you guys are not going to implement a system where if you attack someone (while in spawn with the shield on) it will go away?
Some people prefer just PvPing, rather than capping the flag. If you're going to keep the shield exactly how it is right now.
Add a deathmatch arena like one of your other games supposedly has. It seems a bit dodgy that someone can ALMOST die, then run into their spawn and get protected by a player that's impossible to kill.
And on that note, the flag also takes away your health. So someone can sit in spawn, the second you get the flag they have better chances of winning 1v1. Whereas, before the shield was implemented, you could kill a player, then quickly get their flag and be too far ahead of them to worry about dying.

Laocagrid
05-26-2013, 01:18 PM
So I'm guessing you guys are not going to implement a system where if you attack someone (while in spawn with the shield on) it will go away?
Some people prefer just PvPing, rather than capping the flag. If you're going to keep the shield exactly how it is right now.
Add a deathmatch arena like one of your other games supposedly has. It seems a bit dodgy that someone can ALMOST die, then run into their spawn and get protected by a player that's impossible to kill.
And on that note, the flag also takes away your health. So someone can sit in spawn, the second you get the flag they have better chances of winning 1v1. Whereas, before the shield was implemented, you could kill a player, then quickly get their flag and be too far ahead of them to worry about dying.

I second the idea of having a deathmatch arena, have a free for all or team deathmatch option. If CTF is to be kept just for flagging then give us a game for kills.

Madxnoob
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Ty, Spacetime for the changes <3 If I could buy you a diamond I would <3 You guys will be best mobile game every year:*

Energizeric
05-29-2013, 12:55 AM
I agree with Sam. Flags are much harder to get than kills, so I get every flag I can whenever I can. I always go for flags first, then kills second, yet I still got 5 times as many kills as flags.

Haowesie
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Since the update that makes the bubble expire was put in place...spawn killing started again.

Why not disable all skills when anyone/everyone are in spawn room? (fixes problem of spawn killing)
And/or put a barrier that can only go out, but not it? (people can't follow back into spawn and get ambushed)

Lady_Pebbles
06-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Since the update that makes the bubble expire was put in place...spawn killing started again.

Why not disable all skills when anyone/everyone are in spawn room? (fixes problem of spawn killing)
And/or put a barrier that can only go out, but not it? (people can't follow back into spawn and get ambushed)
Yup. The shield is useless now. It was put there to prevent spawn killing and now its not doing its job.

Alhuntrazeck
06-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Hao's got a brilliant idea this shud be implemented. Right now the team just camps out of the spawn room and waits till the bubble expires then unloads. At least that's my experience :(

Syylent
06-03-2013, 02:38 PM
It is perfect as it is now.

Just it is getting stale seeing the same map over and over.

Rare
06-03-2013, 04:14 PM
It is perfect as it is now.

Just it is getting stale seeing the same map over and over.

Sure... perfect for spawn killers or people that like to do 8 or 9 on 1.

Edit: I'm not saying thats you.

Alhuntrazeck
06-04-2013, 08:05 AM
*cough* 5 on 1 *cough*
spawn killing is an issue yet again and this has to be fixed.

Rare
06-04-2013, 11:45 AM
*cough* 5 on 1 *cough*
spawn killing is an issue yet again and this has to be fixed.

Its 9 on 1 if your 4 team members are from the same guild as the opposing team and they don't help you.

Leeniskibac
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
They gave everyone 30 seconds to leave, or kill anyone in the spawn. You can't pull anymore, although push procs still work. I see no issues. If you can't win, leave.

Rare
06-04-2013, 01:58 PM
They gave everyone 30 seconds to leave, or kill anyone in the spawn. You can't pull anymore, although push procs still work. I see no issues. If you can't win, leave.

I guess it depends on what you feel the purpose of the bubble was?

You are saying the purpose of the bubble is so you can respawn and leave if people are camping in the spawn room. I think that's pointless.

IMO, the purpose of the bubble was to prevent people from camping and killing people in the spawn room. This is evidence by the first update they made where the bubble lasted until you left. This prevented people from camping outside because you could just stay forever. Then they changed it to 30s. NOW, people camp outside waiting for your bubble to burst again. So in effect, it negated the whole purpose of the bubble in the first place. Now, all it is is a glorified timer to let you leave the map without getting killed immediately, which you could already do anyway.

So you had people complain that players were just hanging out in the spawn room. It was changed to 30s to stop this. You could also have said at that time "If you don't like people hanging out in the spawn room, just leave" or "just go get flags". The developers obviously felt a change was necessary. So too hopefully in this case.

So yes, I do see an issue.

Maybe STS should just consider making toons revive in the opposite spawn room each time along with the 30s bubble.

Leeniskibac
06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I could go on and on about how capture the flag has the point of capturing the flag, but sam said it nicely on the first page. They changed it so that there was a chance to get kills as well. Whether people leave when they get beat is up to them.

Rare
06-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I could go on and on about how capture the flag has the point of capturing the flag, but sam said it nicely on the first page. They changed it so that there was a chance to get kills as well. Whether people leave when they get beat is up to them.

Then what is the purpose of the bubble? I don't see it personally. I thought it was deterent for spawn room killing. Seems there is another purpose for it now. But I'm not sure what it is.

Edit: I'll just qualify my statements by saying I personally will just leave. I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Leeniskibac
06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
The purpose as I see it is that if people want to stay in spawn, then they can be killed after 30 seconds instead of dragging their team down. As to the real reason, only sts knows.

Syylent
06-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Sure... perfect for spawn killers or people that like to do 8 or 9 on 1.

Edit: I'm not saying thats you.

Quite the opposite I enjoy 1v2 (same level) and to some extent 1v3s (if they are lower level). I have been in a few 1v4(5)s and get jeered at because I try to fight. I just ask for help in guild. Then I get laughed at by the other team because I asked for help after it has been 1v5. Yes, I tried to 1v5 them too.

I never sat in my bubble. Well once, maybe. Can't remember. I waited until guild came to help the 2 warriors, rogue and mage that kept killing me. Yeah it was 1v4. Guild came..Then they sat in bubble trash talking and saying that it was 5v4. Luckily we had 2 warriors and could yank them out.