PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League Finals!

Shonex
05-25-2013, 02:42 PM
What do you think, who's gonna be the champion ?

Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munchen ?

The score at half time is 0 : 0 , I'll update this thread when the match ends ... :D

Bayern Munchen won! With a score of 2 : 1 , Bayern has defeated the Borussia Dortmund in an unpredictable match!

Congratz to all the Bayern fans, although I was cheering for Dortmund... a better team won and that was in this case, Bayern Munchen!

Newmanex
05-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Bayern won!!! It's a celebration here in Munchen a lot of people are on the streets.
Complete mayhem!

Matutd
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
A better team won? Did you watch the same game as me??

Shonex
05-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Well... yes Bayern was more agressive in the 2-nd half and had better chances. I'm a Dortmund fan but it was the little mistakes made by Dortmund that lost the game for them. Man of the match: Weidenffeler, he was flawless :D

Matutd
05-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I watched the game as a complete neutral, I honestly didnt give a crap who won. Dortmund were by far the better team and deserved the win without a doubt. They just fell unlucky in my opinion. The bayern team spent more time on the ground than they did on their feet.

Shonex
05-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Idk, I have mixed feelings. Dortmund lacked luck, as for Bayern they attacked with some success but Roben scored the goal 2min before the end of the match(He was so lucky to score that goal, hes known as a player who can't score big time shots, even the Bayern fans boooed him when he missed some important chances in matches before the final). Which was a bit unfair but thats football, Borussia had some great chances in the 1-st half but they didn't use them and that cost them the game.

Matutd
05-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Honestly, from a neutral point of view, it was a great game, and as you said, luck was just on bayern's side. It's unfortunate that it went that way since dortmund were a far better side. A few poor decisions went against them, and they had a great chance denied by the ref himself haha. And as you said about robben, in my opinion hes over rated and far too arrogant. Bayern could have been 2/3-0 up at half time if he was just prepared to pass the ball a few times. Hes just a glory hunter and hes extremely lucky that he for that goal or the manager wouldn't have been too happy with him after full time.

Gaunab
05-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Dortmunds coach himself, Jürgen Klopp, admitted that Bayern deserved the win. They played an excellent second half after having some difficulties with dortmunds early on pressing and their physical playstyle in the first one.
The BVB dominated the first half and could easily have scored if it wasn't for Neuer who did a flawless job, ever better than Weidenfeller IMO who did great as well. In the second half Dortmund couldnt keep that exhausting hard-running pressing and their defense was sloppy at times, allowing Munich to get lots of chances. And in the end Robben even overcame his finals curse, which had been going on since 2010. I wouldn't say he is overrated, Ribery and him are the offensive pacemakers of Bayerns game. Passing the ball isn't always the best solution as proven by Mullers pass infront of an empty goal that was saved by Subotic. Robben had three chances and two times Weidenfeller got him, the third time he didnt stand a chance.
There could have been some cards for Ribery, Dante and also Lewandowski, but the ref wasnt too strict on either side which I'm fine with.

Afterall Bayern won well deserved and eventho I was cheering for Dortmund I really enjoyed the whole game. :)