PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading gear.

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested before.

But it seems PL gameplay is VERY good for upgrading system.

Maybe a normal pink + same normal pink = chance to upgrade to a +2 of the pink. And so on with going to +3 ( a +2 and a normal same pink).

Good idea IMO since it allows prices of average pinks-rare pinks to stabilize more as demand is constantly present.

Also encourages more trading as the total gold in the game doesn't increase as much as the in-take of pinks.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:12 PM
If you double the stats each time, This would create infinite stats which would defeat the purpose of a challenge...

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 11:18 PM
No I dont suggest doubling stats. Hell no, thats crazy. Lol. Maybe each +1 gives 1 more additional of each stat on the armor.

Eg. Current +0 Armor gives 1 str, 1% crit, 1% dodge, 1h/s 10 armor

a +1 can give +1 str, 1.5% (maybe 1% is too much for % types), 1.5% dodge, 2 h/s, 11 armor. And so on with +2-+10.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Oh I thought u meant double it lol. Yeah I like idea of upgrading items.

Ellyidol
10-14-2010, 02:13 AM
By upgrading btw, I mean forging.

Example:

A Gurgox Hammer + another Gurgox Hammer = a chance for a +1 Gurgox Hammer (maybe a +10 max?) and if it fails, it breaks both weapons.

Of course chances for +1 to +10 get lower, but you get the idea.

This way current gear can be used instead of just sitting there trying to be sold.

It increases overall demand for gear since most will be broken trying to upgrade/forge.

Adds goals for current end-game players to do. Current aim is to earn as much gold as possible. With upgrading, their next aim is to get +10 gear.