PDA

View Full Version : Scam

Energizeric
05-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I usually pride myself in never falling for a scam, but today I did....

I was selling a McCraw Egg (first decent item I've ever gotten from a locked crate) and the agreed upon price was 250k. The buyer put 250k in the trade window. I then pressed confirm, but instead of pressing confirm, he placed another item in the trade window and asked "do you need this?". It was a worthless crate pink, and I answered no, so he removed it, but it seems in the process of removing it, he went ahead and switched his 250k to 25k.

Being careless and in a rush, I just pressed confirm and didn't realize until after the trade was over that I was shorted. Of course attempts to PM him were ignored.

I'm not going to say his name here, as instead I sent the information to Sam, but figured I would post so that others can look out for this sort of thing. Always check on the final confirm page before completing a trade.

BTW, I have no idea if STS will do anything about this as technically there is no proof, but I suppose if they look at the chat logs they can see I was asking 250k and then he attempted to purchase, and then the final trade was for 25k without ever having any discussion about price. The only chat between him and myself was him asking for the egg, and then saying "do you need this?" and me saying "no". So not sure what they will do.

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 08:55 PM
They might have trade logs. Someone told me that once. Can a mod or player confirm or deny this?

Rothschild
05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
U should post name so all know who this peep is

katish
05-26-2013, 11:27 PM
Aw ene, that sucks! and yes you should post his name! scammers should be exposed!

Xeriuss
05-27-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks for that topic and sorry for ur loss bro :/

I easily could get scammed with that method too coz when i'm trading i'm in a rush almost everytime.

From now on i will take a bit more attention in whats happening in the trade window too.

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2013, 12:04 AM
I remember being scammed of 7k back when I was a noob...cried over that! But seriously, so much money lost? That's harsh. Hope a dev sees this.

chitgoks
05-27-2013, 12:21 AM
this happens because the user interface never formats the amount. there should be a comma shown for every thousandth digit. i always have to double check the number of zero digits before i press okay

the same has to be applied in auction.

this is very easy to do but nothing has been done

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2013, 12:45 AM
A VERY common scam is removing 1 zero when someone puts money in!

Bebsi
05-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Old scheme from PL.
A few peeps tried to scam me like this thru all STS games.
I'm not sure how to avoid these scammers but seen this kind of scam a lot already.
Sry for ur loss

Apollotropical
05-27-2013, 01:09 AM
Dam he got u with the distraction , Same thing with pick picketers, they have someone bump into u while someone comes up an jacks your stuff, sorry to hear Eric :/ your one of the best merchs I've come across since PL and u know u will make that back double, don't worry to much bout it

KingFu
05-27-2013, 01:14 AM
They might have trade logs. Someone told me that once. Can a mod or player confirm or deny this?

They have logs of trades, yes, they have logs of practically everything that goes on. They won't help though. It's the traders fault. Once confirm is hit it's beyond the devs.

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Well, the least they can do is ban the scammer...its 250000 gold we're talking about here!

abrai
05-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Well, the least they can do is ban the scammer...its 250000 gold we're talking about here!
But there's always a confirmation button and you have to click it like twice. STS knows there will be cases like these. I hope the scammer will get banned though.

Apollotropical
05-27-2013, 01:39 AM
He won't get it back, if they did refund people would abuse it, an that's just to much for them to handle, cause people would spam them

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2013, 01:45 AM
True, but scammers are increasingly becoming a problem in AL these days. A major thumb down on that matter from me.

Geezer, did you report the scam? They might ban the player then, idk.

Energizeric
05-27-2013, 04:33 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I only hope, but don't expect I will get back my gold. But I did report the player to Sam, and I hope they do ban him. He was so smooth in the way he pulled off the scam that I'm sure he has done it (or tried to do it) many times before. That sort of thing really has no place in this game.

xcainnblecterx
05-27-2013, 04:59 AM
True, but scammers are increasingly becoming a problem in AL these days. A major thumb down on that matter from me.

Geezer, did you report the scam? They might ban the player then, idk.

You should see how many scammers are In pl now lol. A/w sorry to hear this energize and thanks for the heads up. 250k is 250k so maybe devas can help, also helps that your a respected player/forum member and wouldn't lie bout something like this

Flamberge
05-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Hmm.. Even an experienced player can get scammed.

Anyway, don't forget to always check everything before you click the final confirmation. Even when you are in a hurry!

Rothschild
05-27-2013, 07:45 AM
I agree they can't refund because 2 people would simulate the event just to get gold with out actually scamming anybody but devs. But we should all know who to be on the look out for. If they do give gold back I wouldn't say anything....

Sibayjing
05-27-2013, 08:29 AM
He is a mentalist!

Spyce
05-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Sometimes they would cancel the trade and say "Inventory Full"
You guys would trade again and he would put a worthless item in while putting 25k instead of 250k in.
Carelessly you would accept.
BOOM.
Scammed.

piepounder
05-27-2013, 08:50 AM
That happened to me when I was playing Dark Legends, a guy walked off paying me 1k instead of 10k what we agreed to. From now on I only trade with known guild members and in the market. Never with random players who want to trade as I pass them by in the towns.

badness707
05-27-2013, 02:52 PM
All I know is spacetimes tips show "all trades are final" sux eh? I've too been scammed the same way.and would like to replace 150k that he took from u. Pm me in game thaifood. ;-) hope it helps a lil and thnx for position g this cause people need to k ow

Energizeric
05-27-2013, 06:17 PM
All I know is spacetimes tips show "all trades are final" sux eh? I've too been scammed the same way.and would like to replace 150k that he took from u. Pm me in game thaifood. ;-) hope it helps a lil and thnx for position g this cause people need to k ow

Thanks for the offer, but it's ok. I'm pretty well off in the game, and have full mythic, so 200k is not so much for me. It was just an annoyance more than anything, and I wanted to warn others. But thank you for the offer!

badness707
05-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the offer, but it's ok. I'm pretty well off in the game, and have full mythic, so 200k is not so much for me. It was just an annoyance more than anything, and I wanted to warn others. But thank you for the offer!
;-) anytime

chrooms
07-28-2013, 08:05 AM
guy is anybody here knew the guys named SPRTCUZ???? he borrow my mythic armor and helm and he never return it!!!! i got very mad and i want to know if someone here who is he!

chitgoks
07-28-2013, 08:11 AM
lol.. not another one ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

walkingzombie
07-28-2013, 01:42 PM
The same thing just happened to me. Again, my fault for not double checking on the second window. I was selling a firesquid for 160k and it got changed to 16k. First time it's happened to me and the last time it will happen. I really hope sts pays attention to this. Inserting a coma would be so helpful. It's extremely aggravating when people do this. No shame in their game, obviously.

Xbuddyjosh
07-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Pro necro

matanofx
07-28-2013, 03:15 PM
This thread is old and should be left alone.

Comment below and ill unleash my lvl31 malison upon you, he says rawr.

Xbuddyjosh
07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Comment

matanofx
07-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Comment

If i comment on this i unleash the mighty malison upon myself aswell, i wont fall for that but nice try josh.

geosimos
07-28-2013, 04:07 PM
guys my friend was scam... about 30 m
he open a locked just one and loot arcane warrior ...
and he sold it about 30 m and some good gears...
in about 2 days later he loggin and he had a nothing!!!
he send pm to sts and the answer was sorry but inform google about restore your email! haha tha was funny and of course about this stop playing this game!

Valsacar
07-28-2013, 06:10 PM
guys my friend was scam... about 30 m
he open a locked just one and loot arcane warrior ...
and he sold it about 30 m and some good gears...
in about 2 days later he loggin and he had a nothing!!!
he send pm to sts and the answer was sorry but inform google about restore your email! haha tha was funny and of course about this stop playing this game!

I'm trying to understand what you wrote, I believe you said he had stuff and then one day he logged in and had nothing.

If that is the case, it sounds like someone else had his login information (email and password), that's who has his stuff. I'm going to take a wild guess here, did he buy plat from someone other than STS?

Temarichan
07-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Awww Darn EneRgizeric....

That's why I'm always extra careful when trading ^^

(got the right amount of gold there? Enough zeros?) ^^

STS should probably be able to fix this through trade logs.

mokdaddd
07-28-2013, 11:28 PM
old post right

Herondale
07-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Aw dang that sucks. That's why I never even trade with anything, I just say 'no' and they shut up.

Hopefully you've earned off the gold by now.

Daddyblu
07-30-2013, 07:11 AM
guy is anybody here knew the guys named SPRTCUZ???? he borrow my mythic armor and helm and he never return it!!!! i got very mad and i want to know if someone here who is he!

what ever noob! go prove it... give me the screen shot.. me borrow things??? your so noob.. i kick your *** on pvp now you make stories???

FYI! i dont borrow things since i am rich... and if what you say is true report to admin and show your proof or screen that..

admin can recall anyways if we had a history of trade..LOL! what a NOOB! making new account..

shankspirate ill kick your noob warrior *** anytime in pvp!

Daddyblu
07-30-2013, 07:15 AM

guys can help this poor guy contact the support team.. LOL give him the email of support please...

trying hard noob!

Hinataa
07-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Well this almost happened to me today, i was selling my commando vanity, n deal price was 460k , n we enter trade, n he put 46k, i was so close to get scammed, i realized that on second confirmation, so guys be careful, always double check number of zeros:))

Daddyblu
07-30-2013, 07:53 AM

HEY NOOB! send an email to support@spacetimestudios.com

LOL good luck noob!

xcainnblecterx
07-30-2013, 07:58 AM
HEY NOOB! send an email to support@spacetimestudios.com

LOL good luck noob!

You made 3 comments already on this. If its not true why you so intent on making posts about it?

Daddyblu
07-30-2013, 08:22 AM
You made 3 comments already on this. If its not true why you so intent on making posts about it?

Whats wrong in giving him the support website?? A friend told me about his post.. And i was selling samael egg... Lol and he ask on my tread that if i know this guy.

Anyways to cut the story short just let him report, and send evidence

Skaunared
07-30-2013, 08:24 AM

defensive maneuver maybe?

anyways scams ( IF THIS IS TRUE ) like these (befriending other players, borrowing items then never give back) never end up in the scammer being banned. I know someone who lend a myic full set to a friend, hoping that he would return it back, but instead, he deleted her in her friends list and removed any means of contact, and not giving her the items back. After all the reports done, It ended up that the 'scammer' not getting banned in the end. Devs says that's why there are two confirmations with trading. Anyways, just be careful!
and dont trust anyone.

Bless
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM
These borrow-and-not-give-back scammers are not going to stop, there'll be more of them. why? because devs said they wouldnt do anything about it - they say that once you lend an item its not yours anymore. The community believes friendship is more important than mythics - thats why the community continues to lend. I think the support team should have stronger penalties.

Hinataa
07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Its simple, don't borrow things to ppl u don't trust fully. There r ppl who will act like ur friends and "gain ur trust" but from the beginning they aimed on ur mythic set or something similar.

Bless
07-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Its simple, don't borrow things to ppl u don't trust fully. There r ppl who will act like ur friends and "gain ur trust" but from the beginning they aimed on ur mythic set or something similar. lol i swear u said u wan ctf to give u mythic set lol :)

Chikanoz
07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
defensive maneuver maybe?

anyways scams ( IF THIS IS TRUE ) like these (befriending other players, borrowing items then never give back) never end up in the scammer being banned. I know someone who lend a myic full set to a friend, hoping that he would return it back, but instead, he deleted her in her friends list and removed any means of contact, and not giving her the items back. After all the reports done, It ended up that the 'scammer' not getting banned in the end. Devs says that's why there are two confirmations with trading. Anyways, just be careful!
and dont trust anyone.

Guilty conscience?

Chikanoz
07-30-2013, 10:34 AM

Guilty conscience ..

Daddyblu
07-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Guilty conscience ..

Lol then report no need to talk a lot.. Show me your evidence noob

Hinataa
07-30-2013, 11:13 AM
lol i swear u said u wan ctf to give u mythic set lol :)

Oh bless u bad azz! LOL

Bless
07-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Guilty conscience ..

Lol then report no need to talk a lot.. Show me your evidence noob Stop calling people noobs

MfKaz
07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
I usually pride myself in never falling for a scam, but today I did....

I was selling a McCraw Egg (first decent item I've ever gotten from a locked crate) and the agreed upon price was 250k. The buyer put 250k in the trade window. I then pressed confirm, but instead of pressing confirm, he placed another item in the trade window and asked "do you need this?". It was a worthless crate pink, and I answered no, so he removed it, but it seems in the process of removing it, he went ahead and switched his 250k to 25k.

Being careless and in a rush, I just pressed confirm and didn't realize until after the trade was over that I was shorted. Of course attempts to PM him were ignored.

I'm not going to say his name here, as instead I sent the information to Sam, but figured I would post so that others can look out for this sort of thing. Always check on the final confirm page before completing a trade.

BTW, I have no idea if STS will do anything about this as technically there is no proof, but I suppose if they look at the chat logs they can see I was asking 250k and then he attempted to purchase, and then the final trade was for 25k without ever having any discussion about price. The only chat between him and myself was him asking for the egg, and then saying "do you need this?" and me saying "no". So not sure what they will do.

Exact same thing almost happened to me today! These people think we are dumb and uneducated. These are kids that are scamming you and us! This guy (Not mentioning his name) wants to buy my Forerunner and he offered 190k for it. It's the trade window and I press confirm he then takes away the gold and adds another item and says ''You need this?''. I said no and he kept on repeating himself. I just hate people like this. These are bloody kids that are careless and want every single bloody goddamn item in this whole bloody game!!

Ebezaanec
07-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Stop calling people noobs

What he says.. Says a lot about him...

Zeus
07-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Lol then report no need to talk a lot.. Show me your evidence noob

There should be an intelligence test in order to gain access to the forums.

wvhills
07-30-2013, 02:05 PM
cero out of the blue lent me a mythic bow. I didn't even ask for it, he popped in the same instance and gave it to me. It kinda stunned me because I wouldn't have lent it out. haha. I gave it back when he asked so some people are trustworthy. You never know for sure until they prove themselves tho.

Energizeric
07-30-2013, 02:33 PM

The forums could get pretty slow and boring haha

Kaat3227
07-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Ahaha, true and i got the question. What is 10 x 123124 / 143 x 0 (10 multiplied by 123124, then divided by 143, then multiplied by 0)
:)

Bless
07-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Ahaha, true and i got the question. What is 10 x 123124 / 143 x 0 (10 multiplied by 123124, then divided by 143, then multiplied by 0)
:) FYI, Intelligence doesnt only mean math.

Hinataa
07-30-2013, 04:17 PM
FYI, Intelligence doesnt only mean math.

Want to thank u but looks like i used all my thanks:((

matanofx
07-30-2013, 04:35 PM
:)

And i failed math classes repeatedly.

Hinataa
07-31-2013, 04:46 AM
Lololol math is easiest..... math ftw! LOL