PDA

View Full Version : Charging Skills

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 09:13 PM
I've read you shouldn't charge some skills at pvp and boss battles. Why?

Valsacar
05-26-2013, 10:28 PM
Waste of time, the tiny bit of extra damage is out weighed by the lost attacks. Basically none of the special powers that charging adds makes a difference on bosses (immune to fireball stun, only one guy so aoe ice useless, etc). Time is the exception.

Alhuntrazeck
05-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Thanks, I get it now. Does the cooldown time change with charging?

katish
05-26-2013, 11:31 PM
no, the cooldown is the same, but you can rotate your skills faster by not charging

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2013, 12:15 AM
I see. Ty!

yuriramos
05-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Charge the first attack of the skill then tap the rest. Count 7.5 sec for the next fireball charge attack

drgrimmy
05-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Yep, with fighting bosses I almost never charge skills, except for time for the dot. The only exception would be for bosses like maneater that has mobs fighting with them. Then it is useful to charge for crowd control.

For pvp, since most if the crowd control upgrades don't really work too well, I would say charge fireball for the stun and don't charge any other skill. For fireball and frost you will get the dot without charging. I don't know about time, but you may also want to charge for the dot. Then shoot your gun like crazy during cooldown. The more attacks you can get in, the better, and charging your skills hinders this. I would say that a good number of my kills come from spamming my regular attack and not necessarily skill attacks...

Energizeric
05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Only charge skills if you need to for an added feature. For example, I always lead with a charged fireball in PvP because of the stun, but then I don't charge it during the battle as it takes too much time. For Healing I try to always charge so I get the added Mana, but in the middle of battle if you are about to die better off not charging.

Azemeazed
05-28-2013, 07:59 AM
i wanted to add that i charge shield before i engage in battle(pvp) and in middle of battle i dont charge it.