PDA

View Full Version : How to Use AutoHotkey for Chrome users.

Zerious
05-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey, everyone! Z here with a guide on how to setup custom controls for your Google Chrome Pocket Legends app!

I had trouble pvping on my ipod, so I did some browsing and came across a link for Autohotkey.com (http://www.autohotkey.com/).

Special thanks to DocDoBig for linking it in the Suggestions and Feedback Thread started by Swimmingstar.

Ok so first thing you wanna do is click the link above, and download the script reader "autohotkey". I've downloaded it myself, and wouldn't be posting this if it were not safe; My Norton360 said it was safe :eagerness:

Next, you'll wanna make a new file on your desktop or inside a folder of your choice (I made a new folder on my desktop labeled "AHKfiles". Right-click and click "new", then "Auto Hotkey Script". It will appear as an icon on your desktop (or in your folder if you made one). Right-click it, and "edit script".

Now you've viewed the empty file that should say something like this:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

Leave all of that there. The line right under it is where you're going to script your hotkeys. Mine are set up to use the number pad for my skills while keeping the default character movement and camera rotation controls.
This is how my script is written:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
NumpadDel::1
NumpadEnter::2
NumpadAdd::3
NumpadSub::4
NumpadPgDn::5
NumpadRight::6
NumpadPgUp::7
NumpadMult::8
NumpadIns::9
NumpadDown::0
NumpadClear::-
NumpadUp::=

The way it works is, With the numlock off I can use this script by double-clicking the file, and now i have my custom skill controls in game!

But you don't have to use the number pad, that's just my own preference. You could use virtually any key you wanted for any command. So far, I've only felt the need to move my skill commands so I'm not playing PL with my right hand literally on top of my left hand.

Basically, If you wanna change any skill command, This is how you'd write the script; the order of the skills doesn't matter. This example uses "skill 1" as the skill that is mapped to the bottommost-right slot.

[desired skill 1 key]::1

The order of the mapped skills moves upward then starts again at the bottom of the next leftward column. The skill to the left of the "skill 1" slot would be the "skill 5" slot

[desired skill 5 key]::5

Let's say you wanted to move your "skill 1" key to the "/" (forward slash) key and your "skill 5" key to the "." (period) key. This is how you'd write the script:

/::1
.::5

Easy, right? Or say you wanted them to be backwards from what they are at the default setting:

=::1
-::2
0::3
9::4
8::5
7::6
6::7
5::8
4::9
3::0
2::-
1::=

Once you get the hang of it, it's really simple. The Autohotkey program also has a list of all the different hotkey inputs in the "Autohotkey Help" file. Take a peek and play with it. If you have any questions, or need help mapping your skills to specific keys, feel free to PM me here on the forums.

Hope this helps you guys, and sorry if it seems complicated :eagerness:

You're all awesome

Z

Spyce
05-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing!
I'll give this a thanks tomorrow.

Caiahar
05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Good job!
Tho...everything is soooo complicated to me...

Zerious
05-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Good job!
Tho...everything is soooo complicated to me...

haha! Like i said, if you need me to walk you through it to where you only need to copy-paste it, let me know. :)

razerfingers
05-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Is this against ToS? Its not altering the game but wanna make sure.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Swimmingstar
05-27-2013, 10:41 PM
I didn't know there was something like this before but it would still be better if they made a control option in-game so it would be quicker and easier to change controls.

DocDoBig
05-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Cool man, good job!
Glad I could tribute something to it. ;)

Zerious
05-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Is this against ToS? Its not altering the game but wanna make sure.

It doesn't change the game in anyway, it's just making modifications to your keyboard functions (outside the game). It doesn't violate ToS in any way.

I didn't know there was something like this before but it would still be better if they made a control option in-game so it would be quicker and easier to change controls.

Yeah but until/if that day where STS implements this in-game, here it is! :eagerness:

Jig
05-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks il give it a go later. :-)

SPBoomer
05-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Nice config

razerfingers
05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
It doesn't change the game in anyway, it's just making modifications to your keyboard functions (outside the game). It doesn't violate ToS in any way.

Yeah but until/if that day where STS implements this in-game, here it is! :eagerness:

Okay. Just making sure i dont get slammed for trying it out lol

Noi`ya
05-28-2013, 07:56 PM
i can send u guys a image rec script that will disable the hotkeys while the cs is open or while typing if you'd like

Oskitopee
05-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Very cool. Just out of curiosity, are you a computer programmer? ;D

DXDARKXSOULXD
05-30-2013, 12:03 AM
is their auto attack? like it just keep attack without pressing buttons continuously.

Apostel
06-02-2013, 07:11 AM
is their auto attack? like it just keep attack without pressing buttons continuously.

Auto-attack is usually mapped to space.

Clinto Facto
06-02-2013, 07:16 AM
curious if this will work on a macbook pro, any one confirm? this is all greek to me on how to install so just like to know before I frustrate myself. lol