PDA

View Full Version : Skills

Xcelerator
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
I think that every game needs some things to do other than fighting and questing. Skills would be a great idea. Just like in World of Warcraft, which is what this game reminds me of. What does everyone else think about this? Examples of skills (Armor-making, Potion-making, Leather-working, etc). This could add a whole new aspect of the game. Thanks!

Arterra
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
crafting/jobs you mean? I think its being though of, but not on imminent priority.
ps record breaking reply i kno lol

Vyvin
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Crafting would be nice but I don't rly know how it could be implemented?
/Vyvin

Stealthmagic
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I agree that there could be more things you can do after you are at the level max and completed all of the quests.

Stratospaly
10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
You have to realize we are limmited in the UI. We can not have 15 skill bars, and do not have 23 inch monitors to play the game on. 2 potions and 3 rows of 4 skills are about the extent of what the game can handle.

If you could make potions, would you put them in one of the 12 slots used for skills, over one of your current skills? I guess this could be an option, but as the game progresses and new skills are added you will have to be very selective with what you have on your UI at one time.

We also have to realize we are playing this on an ipod, iphone, or ipad. These products are by computer standards, in the early to late 90's, in the early days of MMO games. There is only so much they can do at one time, without melting your hand off from the heat, and draining your battery in 30 minutes.

Xcelerator
10-13-2010, 06:42 PM
You have to realize we are limmited in the UI. We can not have 15 skill bars, and do not have 23 inch monitors to play the game on. 2 potions and 3 rows of 4 skills are about the extent of what the game can handle.

If you could make potions, would you put them in one of the 12 slots used for skills, over one of your current skills? I guess this could be an option, but as the game progresses and new skills are added you will have to be very selective with what you have on your UI at one time.

We also have to realize we are playing this on an ipod, iphone, or ipad. These products are by computer standards, in the early to late 90's, in the early days of MMO games. There is only so much they can do at one time, without melting your hand off from the heat, and draining your battery in 30 minutes.

I realize that, but I think there could be some other things to do other than fighting. Maybe use Runescape or World of Warcraft as an example. Make there be skills and other things to do in the game. The fighting aspect is excellent, and is better than any other game on the iPhone probably, but after you're level 50 and finished every quest, there needs to be something else to do. Just a thought

Arterra
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
i say before this ctf or DotA pvp.

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Actually, it might be cool to make two nations in the game and allow there to be raids, (PvP matches) between the two nations such as whorde and alliance. just a thought. Might be cool. you can choose to be a part of either one when you start your character

Necrobane
10-15-2010, 05:31 PM
I say daily quests, more PvP games, with an incentive (maybe obtainable titles through match wins etc,) Acheivements and maybe bosses you can only kill daily or weekly that you can que up for.