PDA

View Full Version : Rush Farming Cure

Gavry
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Quick idea to remove, or at least reduce rush farming.

Rush Farmed Boss Drop Chance:
Super Rare: 0.5%
Rare: 5%
Any Pink: 8%

Fully Cleared Boss Drop Chance:
Super Rare: 5%
Rare: 25%
Any Pink: 75%

Vyvin
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Who gave u these?
Where's the math?
How is this accurate?
I thnk this is a plot to let u get xp?
/Vyvin

Cascade
10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Hmm...how would the implement this though? Its a good idea though...Or they could just make it so you have to kill all the mini bosses and stuff first.

Gavry
10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Second means the map must be fully cleared, or let's say a minimum of 90% taking into account some enemy are still in the boss room. For muli boss levels it could be 90% divided by number of bosses.

Gavry
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Who gave u these?
Where's the math?
How is this accurate?
I thnk this is a plot to let u get xp?
/Vyvin

No XP for me. Gav is 50 and I only level Bavian when there is nothing else to do. Just want to play levels with people who want to play, and be appropriately rewarded for that play.

Royce
10-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Sounds good. Boss spawn after clear would work too but may be to drastic for some. Anyway something has to be done. PvE is more boring then ever since AO3, an it's too bs because it could be a lot of fun if people actually played...

Stratospaly
10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Making the trash challenging enough so you can not run through them straight to the boss would also fix the problem. Trash that can cast root, stun, or run speed debuffs has been used in other games. Just making the trash more difficult to kill when there are more than 5 around you would also help. Few MMO games allow you to run through a room and aggro everything, stand in one spot and AE them down, with little to no fear of death. Yet that is the quickest and easiest way to clear levels in this game.

Note: I have not been in Ao3 yet, but cleared everything up to it, while tanking, at level 32.

Arterra
10-13-2010, 03:26 PM
good idea. the trash being easy is not the concern. if you could kill the drop rates for those who don't defeat any mobs you would stop it for sure. just make sure to be careful with places like victory lap... need specific things for that.

smoae
10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
5%? void/cosmos/rift items sell price will drop from 500k to 5k

Gavry
10-13-2010, 10:58 PM

What's the time to clear a map in AO3? Most of them with a good group would take at least 15 minutes. If you get a 5% chance of an ultra rare dropping its nothing fantastic. Compare that to maybe 3 minutes to rush a map. That's 5 times quicker than a clear. 5 * 0.5% = 2.5% which is 1/2 the chance of a full clear. The idea being that the system should promote playing the map as intended.

If the Devs work out the clear time and rush time they should be able to set the drop rates accordingly.

On a side note, why do people take every number as set in stone when people post. The numbers were pulled out of my *** to represent the concept, they were by no means meant to be set in stone.

If the Devs support Rushing I think they should just do the following:

1. Remove all enemies apart from those in boss rooms.
2. Add exploding barrels throughout the map along the corridors.
3. Make the explosions have varying levels of damage.

That way its just a, run past the traps and get to the end and then fight.

I for one would HATE that type of game.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:04 PM
It's not a bad idea it's just the super rare drop rates should be more like .1% and .3%

TheLaw
10-13-2010, 11:13 PM

Do your math mate, 5% means 5 out of 100 runs. And Gavry, nice thread you have here. I dont really support rushing because the drop rates are low, and you only get items on luck.

TheLaw
10-13-2010, 11:15 PM
It's not a bad idea it's just the super rare drop rates should be more like .1% and .3%

This i agree :) sorry for the post just now.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Do your math mate, 5% means 5 out of 100 runs. And Gavry, nice thread you have here. I dont really support rushing because the drop rates are low, and you only get items on luck.
Correction. If there were 5 out of 100 runs, that would mean thT %5 of the people who played ao3 would get a super rare pink each play through. There are thoasands of people playing ao3 24/7. Let's just say there were only 1000 (and there are more than that). 1000 people divided by 5 players per game = 200 games. It takes average 15 minutes for a run though, and since there are %5 pink drops, that means that one person in one out of 4 games will get a super rare pink. There are 200 games, so 200 divided by 20 (20 people in 4 games) is 10. That means 10 pinks per fifteen minutes. Multiply that by 4 an that's 40 super rare pinks an hour. That's way too high

(this is directed towered thelaw, not you gavry)

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:26 PM
This i agree :) sorry for the post just now.

Oh lol sorry for last post

Azrael
10-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Ya'll are silly... The drop rate on an item like gurgox hammer is probably already at 3-4%.

0.1% - 0.3% is insane. Seriously... Just random roll out of 1000 and see how many tries it takes u to roll 998-1000.

The devs probably wont tell us the real rate but your math is a bit off. Probability is more complex than your makin it
.....And there are never ever 1000 people playing ao3 btw

smoae
10-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Ya'll are silly... The drop rate on an item like gurgox hammer is probably already at 3-4%.

0.1% - 0.3% is insane. Seriously... Just random roll out of 1000 and see how many tries it takes u to roll 998-1000.

The devs probably wont tell us the real rate but your math is a bit off. Probability is more complex than your makin it
.....And there are never ever 1000 people playing ao3 btw

I said it should be that rate, not it is that rate
And also I said that there were a thousand people who play ao3, not nessecarily at the same time. However my math I'd still probably a bit off but it's pretty darn close