PDA

View Full Version : reopen aoa/goa program?

Ape
05-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Why not?

Roberto077
05-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Trolls will inhabit the guild, people will get jealous of exclusive titles, insider project will be abandoned, and some other reasons. TCG has got the job covered.

billybob1
05-28-2013, 11:32 AM
y do we need it?

Zeus
05-28-2013, 11:49 AM
May I ask why you want it reopened?

Argyros
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Please answer the question above.

razerfingers
05-28-2013, 12:06 PM
No

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

DocDoBig
05-28-2013, 12:08 PM
No

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

That was just a small blood drop you used for this. ;)

Ape
05-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Because there is no more fun in PL like in the old days.
PL has just lost it's spark which it had back in the day.

But one of the important reasons is because I see so much against the TOS going on in-game now.
These are mainly outside the window trades but I often see nothing been done about this, even if I report them it continues.

for example: I saw this guy selling a itunes card in-game at cs.
I said that he should better stop because it was against the TOS but all he said was 'yolo' 'Selling.....'
And as usual some people tried to make a deal and may have lost something.

KingFu
05-28-2013, 01:37 PM

But one of the important reasons is because I see so much against the TOS going on in-game now.
These are mainly outside the window trades but I often see nothing been done about this, even if I report them it continues.

I said that he should better stop because it was against the TOS but all he said was 'yolo' 'Selling.....'

1) How would the GoA program provide "fun"?
2) GoA's can't enforce the TOS anymore than the average player. We are no mods, it's a simple thanks from the devs. Only means of authority we have are what people give us for having a fancy red shield.
3) No thanks to either. I don't want to see more kissing up.

Ape
05-28-2013, 01:45 PM
1) How would the GoA program provide "fun"?
2) GoA's can't enforce the TOS anymore than the average player. We are no mods, it's a simple thanks from the devs. Only means of authority we have are what people give us for having a fancy red shield.
3) No thanks to either. I don't want to see more kissing up.

I may have got a wrong image in my had about what these programs do but I only thought that these players had a better connection to the devs and were often the host of a event/party.

But after all I believe there has to be done something, if it isn't the goa/aoa program I'm not sure what it actually is.

KingFu
05-28-2013, 02:12 PM
I may have got a wrong image in my had about what these programs do but I only thought that these players had a better connection to the devs and were often the host of a event/party.

But after all I believe there has to be done something, if it isn't the goa/aoa program I'm not sure what it actually is.

GoA is basically a thank you from the devs. Yes, our word can often hold more weight, but that's because most GoAs are older players whom the dev appreciate more than the average player. AoA is kind of like a mini acknowledgement to give to people so they stop trying to get GoA lol.

Solution is devs giving more attention to the game.

Ape
05-28-2013, 02:24 PM
GoA is basically a thank you from the devs. Yes, our word can often hold more weight, but that's because most GoAs are older players whom the dev appreciate more than the average player. AoA is kind of like a mini acknowledgement to give to people so they stop trying to get GoA lol.

Solution is devs giving more attention to the game.

Well the Goa/Aoa program seems to be diffrent than I thought but the solution u say is the one who many (including me) try to search.

Another solution is making some players some kind of mod or responsing a lot faster to reports.
But making players mod will most likely not work out due a lot of things.

water
05-28-2013, 03:24 PM
whine

Zeus
05-28-2013, 04:00 PM

The main reason why you see so much against the ToS things going on is because more "average" players have entered the game. The quality of players overall has declined and since STS is mainly focused on AL, the ToS isn't enforced as strictly as it should be.

Like David said, GoA is a thank you from the developers, nothing more. However, that being said, a lot of GoAs did help with scams out of the goodness of their hearts. The only thing is though, when people start assuming you're the go to person for scams and labeled "Repo-man", it gets out of hand.

I honestly do not think there are many worthy GoA people right now anyways. Heck, if GoA was still recruiting and I was not a GoA, I am pretty sure I would not have the honor of being one either. Why? Most player's behavior (including myself) as of late, do not meet the program's requirements.

I think the developers made an educated and wise decision when they closed it and it should be kept that way.

CrimsonTider
05-28-2013, 04:05 PM
The main reason why you see so much against the ToS things going on is because more "average" players have entered the game. The quality of players overall has declined and since STS is mainly focused on AL, the ToS isn't enforced as strictly as it should be.

Like David said, GoA is a thank you from the developers, nothing more. However, that being said, a lot of GoAs did help with scams out of the goodness of their hearts. The only thing is though, when people start assuming you're the go to person for scams and labeled "Repo-man", it gets out of hand.

I honestly do not think there are many worthy GoA people right now anyways. Heck, if GoA was still recruiting and I was not a GoA, I am pretty sure I would not have the honor of being one either. Why? Most player's behavior (including myself) as of late, do not meet the program's requirements.

I think the developers made an educated and wise decision when they closed it and it should be kept that way.

Can I get an achievement for most reports in a 5 minute span? ;)

Zeus
05-28-2013, 04:24 PM

I thought that was what you got G.o.A for? ;)

Matutd
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Even if it was, he's still more productive than you ;)

D-:
05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Most people want it back to get the shield.

Did anyone else notice the overabundance of "guides" when they made AoA/GoA?

CrimsonTider
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM

Ooooh yeah. I always thought I had my account randomly drawn. It's so clear now.

Reunegade
05-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Most people want it back to get the shield.

Did anyone else notice the overabundance of "guides" when they made AoA/GoA?
Exactly the reason why GoA and AoA were removed.

Matutd
05-28-2013, 04:34 PM
I think goa would be a good idea if they randomly gave it to a few people now that it's been forgotten and then stopped again.

Zeus
05-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Ooooh yeah. I always thought I had my account randomly drawn. It's so clear now.

<3

I'm still wondering why I got mine. ;)

Spyce
05-28-2013, 06:13 PM
No.

Caiahar
05-28-2013, 06:22 PM
I remember when an AoA started trash talking me.

Matutd
05-28-2013, 06:27 PM

<3

I'm still wondering why I got mine. ;)
We're all still wondering :p