PDA

View Full Version : Timed Run Leaderboard Challenge - June 7th to the 10th

Samhayne
05-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Timed Run Leaderboard Challenge
June 7th to June 10th

Starting mid day (Central US Time) on Friday, June 7th the following leaderboards will be reset. Also, during this time the effectiveness of Damage and Armor Elixirs will be doubled.

Hauntlet Pure
Hauntlet Enhanced
Crypts Leaders: Pure
Crypts Leaders: Enhanced
Elite Dungeon Leaders: Pure
Elite Dungeon Leaders: Enhanced

The competition will close mid day (Central US Time) Monday, June 10th when we will record everyone who display in a position on the above leaderboards. At that time the effectiveness of Elixirs will be returned to normal and these timed run leaderboards will be reset back to where they were before the event.

Prizes

Mythic Ring - Chance to be the first to have a new Mythic rarity Ring item! Read more about the new Mythic Amulet and Mythic Ring here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99770-Mythic-Amulet-and-Ring

Vanity Banner - Everyone who makes it into the 6 timed run leaderboard listing during this event will receive a Vanity Banner designed by one of your fellow players in the Design a Banner Competition (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99771)!

How the Mythic Rings will be awarded

For each of the above 6 Leaderboards, we will award 5 teams at random the new Mythic Ring.

Any one character may only win 1 Mythic Ring.

While you can't win multiple Mythic Rings per character, if you do place in multiple leaderboards it will increase your chance at winning a Mythic Ring!

Good luck!

Spicy1
05-28-2013, 03:56 PM
OMG!

inkredible
05-28-2013, 04:33 PM
omg thats cool

Cero
05-28-2013, 04:52 PM
about how mythic ring to be rewarded.

if i have 5spots in hauntlet runs(15th,16,17,20&25th) would that increase my chance?

DocDoBig
05-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Holy mackamoly!

xxsaraixx
05-28-2013, 05:05 PM
hi, just wanted to confirm the idea. To me top 25 for haunt is obvious because it is listed as such on the leaderboard. However does each elite course and tomb top 25 runs counted even though leaderboard only shows best timed run?

Samhayne
05-28-2013, 05:09 PM

if i have 5spots in hauntlet runs(15th,16,17,20&25th) would that increase my chance?

Hi Cero,

To be clear, the leaderboards will be reset when the event starts on June 7th. On June 10th when the event ends we will reset those 6 timed run leaderboards back to what they were before the even started. So, in order to have a chance to win a Mythic Ring, you will need to play over the weekend from June 7th to June 10th.

We will randomly select 5 of the top teams from each of the 6 timed run leaderboards and each member on those selected 5 teams will receive a Mythic Ring.

In game, if you view the 6 different leaderboards and you are on them, you have a chance of winning!

H2N
05-28-2013, 05:12 PM

Yes. The more times your name appears on the 6 timed runs leaderboard window, the more chances you have to win.

Jed
05-28-2013, 05:24 PM
"Hey, want some semi-elite gear?? Buy elixirs with platinum and get an extreme advantage over everyone!"

edit: ah right, sorry

xxsaraixx
05-28-2013, 05:36 PM
You don't necessarily have to buy platinum to have a chance as pure runs are being awarded also from what I read.

H2N
05-28-2013, 05:39 PM
hi, just wanted to confirm the idea. To me top 25 for haunt is obvious because it is listed as such on the leaderboard. However does each elite course and tomb top 25 runs counted even though leaderboard only shows best timed run?

It's what's displayed on the 6 timed run leaderboard windows. So for the Hauntlet ones, it's top 25. But for the Crypts and Elites, it's the top one/best time one for each map. For example, for each of the Crypts leaderboards, there are 12 entries each. So 5 winning teams from the 12 entries in Crypts Pure, and 5 winning teams from the 12 entries in Crypts Enhanced. For Elites, 5 winning teams from the 27 entries in Elite Pure, and 5 winning teams from the 27 entries in Elite Enhanced. For Hauntlets, 5 winning teams from the 25 entries in Hauntlet Pure, and 5 winning teams from the 25 entries in Hauntlet Enhanced.

Swede
05-28-2013, 05:43 PM
You don't necessarily have to buy platinum to have a chance as pure runs are being awarded also from what I read.

Of course the pure leaderboards will also count.

drgrimmy
05-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I really love the idea of this, so props for a great idea! Just one concern. And maybe some people who currently do runs for records can answer this question since I haven't really been competitive for timed runs since season one, lmao... but is this fair to players who are warriors and sorcerers? It seems to me that the timed leaderboards have been dominated by teams of mostly rogues for a long time now. I would like to see a balanced competition where each class has an equal opportunity to win. Can there be seperate leaderboards for teams of warriors, teams of mages and teams of rogues? Or can it be set up so it has to be a balanced team of only up to two of one class per team? Perhaps a leaderboard for solo times seperated out by the classes? Just some ideas to make it a little more fair to the classes who are not necessarily as proficient in timed runs...

yuriramos
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
an event for rogues..

carmany
05-28-2013, 07:40 PM
Finally can use the crap hooks

luckyboys
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM
June 7th to June 10th

Starting mid day (Central US Time) on Friday, June 7th the following leaderboards will be reset. Also, during this time the effectiveness of Damage and Armor Elixirs will be doubled.

Hauntlet Pure
Hauntlet Enhanced

The competition will close mid day (Central US Time) Monday, June 10th when we will record everyone who display in a position on the above leaderboards. At that time the effectiveness of Elixirs will be returned to normal and these timed run leaderboards will be reset back to where they were before the event.

Prizes

Vanity Banner - Everyone who makes it into the 6 timed run leaderboard listing during this event will receive a Vanity Banner designed by one of your fellow players in the Design a Banner Competition (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99771)!

Mythic Ring - Chance to be the first to have a new Mythic rarity Ring item! Read more about the new Mythic Amulet and Mythic Ring here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99770-Mythic-Amulet-and-Ring

For each of the above 6 Leaderboards, we will award 5 teams at random the new Mythic Ring.

While you can't win multiple Mythic Rings per character, if you do place in multiple leaderboards it will increase your chance at winning a Mythic Ring!

Good luck!

wow..cool...

Asgtimerunsg
05-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi, this is important.
Is the ring given tradable ??

Jcyee
05-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi, this is important.
Is the ring given tradable ??

I'd assume that it will be because they're going to release it later on to all of AL.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99770-Mythic-Amulet-and-Ring

Aplyed
05-29-2013, 02:37 AM
i have a mythic sorc , and my warrior if any one wants to party up and win .

cashzz
05-29-2013, 03:51 AM
Greatzz!!!

Traorahah
05-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Will the ring be the same for all classes or stats change fir each class and lvl

rapball
05-29-2013, 10:30 PM
To join is just have ur name.on the leaderboards or what?

wowdah
05-29-2013, 10:39 PM
To join is just have ur name.on the leaderboards or what?

There is no joining. Just if you get your name on the leaderboard for timed runs you have a chance to get mythic

wowdah
05-29-2013, 10:42 PM
I really love the idea of this, so props for a great idea! Just one concern. And maybe some people who currently do runs for records can answer this question since I haven't really been competitive for timed runs since season one, lmao... but is this fair to players who are warriors and sorcerers? It seems to me that the timed leaderboards have been dominated by teams of mostly rogues for a long time now. I would like to see a balanced competition where each class has an equal opportunity to win. Can there be seperate leaderboards for teams of warriors, teams of mages and teams of rogues? Or can it be set up so it has to be a balanced team of only up to two of one class per team? Perhaps a leaderboard for solo times seperated out by the classes? Just some ideas to make it a little more fair to the classes who are not necessarily as proficient in timed runs...
Actually in this season, mages r super good for recs.. crypts n hauntlet, and some elite. Warriors less so but still possible in elite.

H2N
05-30-2013, 10:21 AM
There is no joining. Just if you get your name on the leaderboard for timed runs you have a chance to get mythic

And the more times your name is on the leaderboard for timed runs, the more chances you have.

Oraceanid
05-30-2013, 12:41 PM

Let's hear the response from STS. LOL. Give us back our Mana. You took everything and gave us nothing in return. I will just use the weekend to run the hauntlet since everyone will be out in their numbers. I maybe be lucky to find a team with mostly rogues to get the 90s.....

HxC
05-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Just a question here. The endgamers hauntlet is harder than a twink hauntlet, and as such I find it unfair for the endgamers who worked hard to get to level 31 to simply get knocked off by level 15-17 twinks who stopped leveling so that they could play inexperienced players.

HxC
05-31-2013, 01:38 PM
Is this for endgamers only? Because twinks wouldnt be able to use a level 31 ring

Taejo
06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
an event for rogues..

Yep.

csyui
06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
HAHA, this is good. But what if a lv16 toon get on leaderborad, will he get a lv16 ring or lv31 one?

Alhuntrazeck
06-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Mages good in wt4 records so I think I might try for that :D

hotpimp
06-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Twinks will get a 31 ring .

GL all.

hotpimp
06-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Sorcs are 90% of the tombs board....

Warriors got unlucky i guess...

cyrusrevange
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
June 7th to June 10th

Hauntlet Pure
Hauntlet Enhanced

Prizes

Good luck!

Good for rouges, this is rouge competetion they have higher critic,DEX,DPS,Damage than warriors.
I hope some kind of warrior competition come as well, so warriors can participate and win something

cyrusrevange
06-05-2013, 11:54 PM
omg thats cool

That's cool for only rouge not warriors :) so don't get excited

Friufi
06-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Bravo STS... more power and love to rogues.

Warrs like me would just have to sit back and watch rogues winning mythic rings.

Lousy....

SkyDagger
06-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Bravo STS... more power and love to rogues.

Warrs like me would just have to sit back and watch rogues winning mythic rings.

Lousy....

added up, If this is for endgamer, for sure the most name will pop up to the LB are the one who have mythic and arcane set, weapon & pets + with good strategy naa no chance at all XD.. sigh*

Spects
06-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Just a question here. The endgamers hauntlet is harder than a twink hauntlet, and as such I find it unfair for the endgamers who worked hard to get to level 31 to simply get knocked off by level 15-17 twinks who stopped leveling so that they could play inexperienced players.

Devs please consider this.
Let low lvl players participate, but scale the hauntlet difficulty up like you did at lvl 21+ (scaled up 26), lvl 26+ (scaled up 31).
This would guarantee a fair competition for all lvls.

Aziiii
06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Omg @.@ @.@

Friufi
06-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Devs please consider this.
Let low lvl players participate, but scale the hauntlet difficulty up like you did at lvl 21+ (scaled up 26), lvl 26+ (scaled up 31).
This would guarantee a fair competition for all lvls.

This competition by STS is already a one-sided competition i.e. favors rogues, especially those with mythic/arcane gear. We already know that top rogues occupy most of the spots in the current timed leaderboards. And we have also seen rogues topping the best times by soloing the maps.

Now with double strength elixirs, this makes it easier for rogues to solo them. Why wait for a party when you can solo the maps easier with these elixirs?

Yeah I know I'm sounding like a sour grape, but facts are facts.

Lousy...

Obi
06-07-2013, 01:45 AM
How about the free respec for the event? That would help to find out the best build for the timed runs..

tokinirish
06-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Is there any kind of lvl limit for this or is all welcome

Spects
06-07-2013, 05:26 PM

All lvls (15+ for hauntlet and kraag tomb) can participate in hauntlet and tomb runs.
Lvl 30/31 additionaly can compete in elite maps.
Hauntlet run competition is a fail anyways due to flawed balancing, which heavily favors lvl 15 toons.

juaki
06-07-2013, 08:03 PM
What happens if all positions of one lb is filled by the same team?Why don't u put in lb the best time of the same team?It gives more chance to other gamers.It is what I recommend !!!!

Zuzeq
06-07-2013, 08:44 PM
This whole convo is depressing. Can we pick a "rant" representative and just have one negative post with everyone's concerns? Ill voleteer...

Friufi
06-08-2013, 05:21 AM
This whole convo is depressing. Can we pick a "rant" representative and just have one negative post with everyone's concerns? Ill voleteer...

Yes it is depressing, because it is the honest truth. Only dps toons with mythic/arcane gears will occupy the list. That is a fact proven by viewing the LBs before the competition began. We couldn't expect it to be any different.

Warrior players and the rest of the players with normal legendary gears, which are the majority of players, can only watch without hope.

So far, there isn't any STS member that could rebute the glaring discriminacy of this competition. Without their input, I can only assume that STS purposefully meant for it to be this way.

Bomm
06-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Yes it is depressing, because it is the honest truth. Only dps toons with mythic/arcane gears will occupy the list. That is a fact proven by viewing the LBs before the competition began. We couldn't expect it to be any different.

Warrior players and the rest of the players with normal legendary gears, which are the majority of players, can only watch without hope.

So far, there isn't any STS member that could rebute the glaring discriminacy of this competition. Without their input, I can only assume that STS purposefully meant for it to be this way.

This is my opinion too. Becouse warriors have no Chance just warriors with arcane Hammer are strong enought to set a record. Jesterday i does the kraken mines lv 2, im a normal warrior without arcane and mythic things and i set the record in 2;48 min solo thats realy fast for a warrior but its not a Problem for 3 rouges and 1 scorrer to beat this. So i was beat its now 51 s :-(. STS Should Do somthing about this Problem maybe solo times for eatch class that would be great. And we All now that we normal Players have no Chance to win becouse the best win every time with arcane ans mythic things :-( like xxsearisxx or Defatsu

crazyangle03
06-08-2013, 06:48 AM
My enhance hauntlet run 1min and 21 seconds was beaten by lower levels.. there should be a separate leader boards for lower level and level 31!!!

1min run in Hauntlet at level 31 is impossible.. WTH!!

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:44 AM

Good luck xxsaraixx I know you can do it you are a rouge and a good one, you will be the winner :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Yes Friufi that is what im doing im warrior 2 and i just standing & watching Super warriors or Rouges getting on LB and winning, is better to watch how rouges winning rather than participate and loose because time runs are specially designed for super warriors or Rouges. They have higher DEX,DPS,CRITICS,DAMAGE than warriors. :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:53 AM
This is my opinion too. Becouse warriors have no Chance just warriors with arcane Hammer are strong enought to set a record. Jesterday i does the kraken mines lv 2, im a normal warrior without arcane and mythic things and i set the record in 2;48 min solo thats realy fast for a warrior but its not a Problem for 3 rouges and 1 scorrer to beat this. So i was beat its now 51 s :-(. STS Should Do somthing about this Problem maybe solo times for eatch class that would be great. And we All now that we normal Players have no Chance to win becouse the best win every time with arcane ans mythic things :-( like xxsearisxx or Defatsu

Yes warriors have no chance, we better watch the Rouges(super warriors) how they win :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:55 AM

Is all Rouges welcome :) you know they are super warriors lol

redzlabelz
06-08-2013, 10:22 AM
This competition by STS is already a one-sided competition i.e. favors rogues, especially those with mythic/arcane gear. We already know that top rogues occupy most of the spots in the current timed leaderboards. And we have also seen rogues topping the best times by soloing the maps.

Now with double strength elixirs, this makes it easier for rogues to solo them. Why wait for a party when you can solo the maps easier with these elixirs?

Yeah I know I'm sounding like a sour grape, but facts are facts.

Lousy...

agreed...

this competition is pay for win :disturbed:

DexterityX
06-09-2013, 10:30 AM
this event not suited for warriors... i hope they made a seperate time run leaderboard on each classes. just an epic faild event for sts and warriors. after this event no one will ever beat those record holders especialy the enhance one bcoz of the double damage and armor elixir.

HxC
06-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Oh my freakin gosh, I got knocked off the lb by more twinks. Its starting to irritate me that I can get 1:13 on the hauntlet and then a few twinks get 1:03 and Suddenly Im off the lb. Twinks seriously need to get their own lb or Just not be able to compete in these things (*_*)

Taejo
06-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Oh my freakin gosh, I got knocked off the lb by more twinks. Its starting to irritate me that I can get 1:13 on the hauntlet and then a few twinks get 1:03 and Suddenly Im off the lb. Twinks seriously need to get their own lb or Just not be able to compete in these things (*_*)

+1 :D

gundamsone
06-09-2013, 05:14 PM
2 Rogues Max Geared ... 70m
1 Mage Max Geared ... 30m
1 War Max Geared ... 65m

The look on these peoples face when a team of twinks smash their records ... Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's ...

saroeun
06-09-2013, 05:30 PM
When we can see the winner?

Valsacar
06-09-2013, 06:10 PM

If you're talking about KM2 enhanced (which is at 51s) it was a team of 3 sorc and 1 rogue. I believe 2 of us had mythics and no hooks.

Taejo
06-09-2013, 06:36 PM
If you're talking about KM2 enhanced (which is at 51s) it was a team of 3 sorc and 1 rogue. I believe 2 of us had mythics and no hooks.

Impressive. I see your team on a few enhanced crypts. I hope you guys make it!

marshmallow
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm okay with the event favoring those characters with mythic items. It's hard to earn those items and they deserve to have a really good chance in winning. What bothers me is the event favors those with really high DPS. Poor warriors, no space for tank. Time is gold, endurance is optional.

drgrimmy
06-09-2013, 10:18 PM
2 Rogues Max Geared ... 70m
1 Mage Max Geared ... 30m
1 War Max Geared ... 65m

The look on these peoples face when a team of twinks smash their records ... Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's ...

Had to laugh when I saw this one :)

No, but seriously, at least there is a way for the not insanely rich to get on the lb.

Bomm
06-10-2013, 09:07 AM

But its unfair becouse i did it solo in 2;48min as a warrior thats good for a warrior without any mythic or arcane items. And your Team had mythic items and you did it with 4 Players so thats unfair. Becouse of that there Should be solo times for eatch classes and times for teams with 2 people 3 people and 4 people. Becouse you cant compare the time of a solo Run from a warrior with a Run with an 4 Player Team like yours thats not fair.

Oraceanid
06-10-2013, 10:03 AM
But its unfair becouse i did it solo in 2;48min as a warrior thats good for a warrior without any mythic or arcane items. And your Team had mythic items and you did it with 4 Players so thats unfair. Becouse of that there Should be solo times for eatch classes and times for teams with 2 people 3 people and 4 people. Becouse you cant compare the time of a solo Run from a warrior with a Run with an 4 Player Team like yours thats not fair.

It would be interesting to see what the returns were on this promotion/event. How many plats were spent Lol. I spent about 40 and then quit. I guess the majority doesn't count. I don't think a lot of thought was put into this event. Maybe its all about make the quick buck as oppose to ensuring that most of your customers are generally happy and establish a long lasting relationship. But again maybe only people who can afford mythic stuff are really supporting the game. That may be their target market. Who knows. Getting too deep here. What am I talking about? It's just a game. I say enjoy until such time. No more venting from me.

Slashiroth
06-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Lmfao people complaining of twinks smashing their records, priceless.

Haligali
06-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Is it closed now?

Honor|The|Code
06-10-2013, 12:35 PM
When Is update time is way past

H2N
06-10-2013, 12:36 PM
When Is update time is way past

We are running a little behind getting the update in order. It's not over until we bring the servers down for update to turn it off, sometime today.

Honor|The|Code
06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Wow I struggled to make it 11:59 now your telling that these noobs have more hours to knock me.off.fail..

Bless
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Wow I struggled to make it 11:59 now your telling that these noobs have more hours to knock me.off.fail.. ikr...

Whacywhack
06-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Devs! Next time please give us specific time frame so we don't keep guessing I'd it's over or not. Don't just say midday say 12pm central time.. Ok!

Soundlesskill
06-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Hauntlet is easier for twinks... It makes it a little unfair to the endgamers.
They would get a level 31 ring worth 13m, tey could sell and buy new and improved gear. Same as for tombs i guess...
And all the mythic users has elite... *sob sob*

H2N
06-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Winners posted http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?101491-Winners!!!-Timed-Run-Leaderboard-Challenge-June-7th-to-the-10th

Samhayne
06-10-2013, 03:37 PM
This event has ended.

Check out the winners at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?101491-Winners!!!-Timed-Run-Leaderboard-Challenge-June-7th-to-the-10th