PDA

View Full Version : 2013-05-28 Content Update (121540)

H2N
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Double XP has ended.
60 minute Combo Elixir sale has ended.
Locked Grand Crates of the Watch odds to give out a Mythic or Arcane item or pet is back to normal.
Ripmaw has swum off and is no longer available for purchase.
PvP Invulnerability will now make you immune to stuns, pulls, pushes etc.
PvP Invulnerability will now only last 30 seconds. It will still be removed if you leave the spawn area.

xxsaraixx
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
.. 1

Wowsome
05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
30 sec <3

Kakatoa91
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Are u sure odds back to normal for mythic and arcane stuffs? Didnt really see the difference this weekend sadly lol...

Anyway. Whats next event?

razerfingers
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Lol 30sec...

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Setans
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
i hope chrome has been fixed :dispirited:

Azepeiete
05-28-2013, 03:18 PM
You guys all mad about the double odds...

.01% doubled is only .02% (random numbers, but they are something similar) this means your chances really aren't that high even when doubled....so think it through next time instead of complaining

KennethK
05-28-2013, 03:28 PM
I will still spend alot of plats on this game, IF StS make danish banner plz!

rokksteady
05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
where the info on the banner design contest?

Setans
05-28-2013, 03:42 PM
where the info on the banner design contest?

Click this link http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99022-Looking-for-gt-Sig-(100k)-Contest

Energizeric
05-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Are u sure odds back to normal for mythic and arcane stuffs? Didnt really see the difference this weekend sadly lol...

Did you look around? The amount of people standing around in town spamming "selling....." a mythic or arcane item was way more than usual, and the number of posts for such items in the traders forum was also huge. At one point there were 3 arcane items for sale in the auction (never seen that before) and more than 20 mythic items for sale in the auction. It was definitely noticeable.

chitgoks
05-28-2013, 06:56 PM
alpha wolf still hasnt been fixed. or will this be really permanent?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

kiffnshey
05-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Double XP has ended.
Locked Grand Crates of the Watch odds to give out a Mythic or Arcane item or pet is back to normal.
PvP Invulnerability will now only last 30 seconds. It will still be removed if you leave the spawn area.

Nightmare in street double odds lol

Lady_Pebbles
05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
30 secs aint enough time. Players now wait until the 30sec is over then start spawn killing all over again. Would've been better if yall left it alone and just made it so players under its protection couldn't fight (nor be attacked) until they leave the room.

joshtheboss
05-28-2013, 09:23 PM
30 secs aint enough time. Players now wait until the 30sec is over then start spawn killing all over again. Would've been better if yall left it alone and just made it so players under its protection couldn't fight (nor be attacked) until they leave the room.

If they have to wait 30 seconds then it is not spawn killing.

Energizeric
05-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah, but the biggest issue this had solved was people all leaving a game as soon as they start losing. This way you could sit in the spawn room and wait for a couple more players to join. Now once again people will leave all at once because there is no safe place to be once the teams become unbalanced.

Azemeazed
05-29-2013, 09:04 AM
there is only one way for good pvp:
1.one game lasts 10 mins or till someone gets 5 flags first
2. players are randomly set in teams, you cant choose blue or red
3. player who leaves game got 15 mins bann to join new pvp game and new player replaces him
4. when someone dies, he auto revives in 5 secs
this way you will see who is really skilled.

and if you really want to play with your friends, why not makeing different pvp mode where you can 4v4, party v party

Syylent
05-29-2013, 09:58 AM

Why would you go into pvp/ctf if you did want to fight other players anyway? Maybe they should make a pve ctf.

Rare
05-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Why would you go into pvp/ctf if you did want to fight other players anyway? Maybe they should make a pve ctf.

Here is a problem I had yesterday. I was in l21 pvp. It was 5 on 3. Ok np.

I was in the spawn room and the other 5 players were camped outside waiting. I couldn't find my teammates and they weren't coming to help. Finally, somehow I got out without being killed. Guess what, I found my 2 teammates standing in the center of the map. Not doing anything. Then I noticed all 8 other players were from the same guild. I said something about it. And a member from the other team said "they are guildies they won't kill us"

I won't name the guild. But yes, they were acting like "nubs"

Moral of the story? Just leave and find a new room. Which, I believe, is what sts was trying to avoid with the safe zone update.

rapball
05-29-2013, 10:19 AM
That's weird how ppl get that problem with guildies but I have never gotten that before weird

FluffNStuff
05-29-2013, 12:03 PM
alpha wolf still hasnt been fixed. or will this be really permanent?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Has been fixed, in the official sense of the word. I have a unique set of morals, and prefer not take advantage of exploits. On the other hand, I also believe in fairness. Since the other bosses can glitch kill us, it was only right that we could glitch kill one of them. I would prefer that they would have adjusted both the leash on the wolf and the "less then average ping" warning before insta-death on the other bosses at the same time, but oh well.

Syylent
05-29-2013, 01:00 PM

I was in the spawn room and the other 5 players were camped outside waiting. I couldn't find my teammates and they weren't coming to help. Finally, somehow I got out without being killed. Guess what, I found my 2 teammates standing in the center of the map. Not doing anything. Then I noticed all 8 other players were from the same guild. I said something about it. And a member from the other team said "they are guildies they won't kill us"

Moral of the story? Just leave and find a new room. Which, I believe, is what sts was trying to avoid with the safe zone update.

Probably the guild I am in. I believe it is a metaphor? I am level 21 as well. Oh and they do kill one member of the guild. Mainly me.. I am the test dummy for crits.
I ,however, don't see a problem with it and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Not sure what STS was trying to do with the bubble. Whatever it was it didn't work. If you don't like a match leave and do something else or wait for another one to open up. I am not trying to mean about it. It is what it is.

I join for games for pvp. Frankly I find the pve extremely tedious and boring. CTF is boring as well. Too many variables to try and cover in one small map. Need examples? Great! glad you asked. Here are some barriers to successful CTF language, ping, life style, game style, family life, gaming platform I think that is enough. Those all affect CTF and why it would never be perfect. The big one, especially for today's society, everyone needs a "carrot". What's in it for me. Let's face it after the 500th flag on my warrior.. I lost all interest in carrying flags. My rogue has 7.

So what do I do? I wear level 16 tarnished chain at level 21 and pvp. Sometimes I lose sometimes I win. I switch my pets around. I search out 1v2s and 1v3s.. I try to make my own fun in pvp. I beat a lvl 20 warrior with the tarnished chain in a 1v1 last night then a 21 wanted a duel. It was a good fight too, except that rogue watching loved to pump arrows into to me. It was quite funny. I lost but it didn't bother me. I come from the philosophy that the game not my life and I do not revolve around it. If it entertains me (and the people), I will continue to play. The guild you spoke is full of great people that make me laugh almost nightly. There is no shortage of wit, intelligence, humor or power as most in the guild are extremely good at their toons. A few need nerfed or at least make them play with hand tied behind their back.

After playing mmo type game since the early 1990s and some muds in the 1980s, players now a days have it easy. Death used to mean something. When you died that precious Bonechill or Maul of Ollerus may be looted or break. Then again, we all have choices to make.

All of us "scrubs" enjoy it.

dingdingdong
05-29-2013, 01:42 PM
what the hell... i bought plats last may 25 for me to be able to open locked crates hoping to find some mythic or arcane items, but unfortunately plats was credited the day you ended it, is int it odd that i purchase plats for this purpose and you guys delayed it crediting my players plats... i thinks there is something wrong here, i bought plats for this purpose, and not bought plats for the purpose of collecting it,that is why i bought plats ahead of time, and you delaying it for couple of days, you owe me one guys..... really embarrasing

FluffNStuff
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
what the hell... i bought plats last may 25 for me to be able to open locked crates hoping to find some mythic or arcane items, but unfortunately plats was credited the day you ended it, is int it odd that i purchase plats for this purpose and you guys delayed it crediting my players plats... i thinks there is something wrong here, i bought plats for this purpose, and not bought plats for the purpose of collecting it,that is why i bought plats ahead of time, and you delaying it for couple of days, you owe me one guys..... really embarrasing

Check what you used to purchase plats with. It happened to me once and it was because my 'verified' back up had expired, so it got bumped to check with hold. Essentially if your payment method puts a hold on the money, they can't give you the platinum till the hold is released. Now that I got my 'verified' card re-verified my platinum purchases are instant.

dingdingdong
05-29-2013, 01:51 PM

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM

I go in, check how its being played, if my team mates are actually teaming up etc before heading in for battle. Not once did I say I stay in spawn rooms the entire time. Pfft, I like having the choice to leave the match if they are spawn farming or my team mates suck.

30sec aint enough time to leave a match after respawning because players are now staying in enemy spawn rooms, waiting for their invulnerability shields to come down & start farming them on the spot. Insta kills means you can't leave the matches until you end up in another spawn room... thats if the otber two/three players on the enemy team aint there to also kill farm you.

Why enter a CtF match if all you gonna do is kill farm and not actually play the game the way its supposed to be played? Its a team based arena where the goal is to get the flag, point blank. Kills is just for achievements (whoop-tee-doo.. so what?). Smh.

dingdingdong
05-29-2013, 02:20 PM
who's to blame then??? verification is acceptable, but delaying it for 3 days is too much, we are living advance era so everthing shud be expedite, specialy online purchases, its a job between computer through computers, so i cant find any reason delaying so much time....

razerfingers
05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
I go in, check how its being played, if my team mates are actually teaming up etc before heading in for battle. Not once did I say I stay in spawn rooms the entire time. Pfft, I like having the choice to leave the match if they are spawn farming or my team mates suck.

30sec aint enough time to leave a match after respawning because players are now staying in enemy spawn rooms, waiting for their invulnerability shields to come down & start farming them on the spot. Insta kills means you can't leave the matches until you end up in another spawn room... thats if the otber two/three players on the enemy team aint there to also kill farm you.

Why enter a CtF match if all you gonna do is kill farm and not actually play the game the way its supposed to be played? Its a team based arena where the goal is to get the flag, point blank. Kills is just for achievements (whoop-tee-doo.. so what?). Smh.

Thats why i lol'd at 30 sec timer

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Thats why i lol'd at 30 sec timer

Ikr! Wth is the point of having it if it won't last long enough to be useful/helpful/etc? It was put there to stop spawn kills and now it defeats the purpose lol.

FluffNStuff
05-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Ikr! Wth is the point of having it if it won't last long enough to be useful/helpful/etc? It was put there to stop spawn kills and now it defeats the purpose lol.

So ... what is the purpose? All of the issues seem to deal with unbalanced teams, and no amount of tweaking a 'spawn zone' is going to fix that. All this is proving is that the mechanics are just tools.

Syylent
05-29-2013, 03:27 PM

You do have the choice immediately on enter. My guess is in 30 seconds one would know whether one would want to stay or go. Everyone has a choice to leave a match. They even have the choice to enter. Nothing has changed in that aspect.

30 seconds is plenty of time. Sorry, I guess I don't understand. If bubble is 30 seconds, I don't understand how you can be insta killed? Unless you stay 31 seconds. 30 seconds bubble and 1 second for insta kill?

Hmmm. Last one isn't a really fair question. It's CTF yes capture the flag. It is also pvp. One could the strategy to capture all the flags is to kill all the enemy so it is an easy trip back and forth. Hence, I kill the enemy. I have no issues with someone on my team carrying a flag. Not sure where you been, but I am not worried about the achievement. I want to fight the other side. I'll never make it on the lb. I don't play 24/7. When I do play I want to maximize my play time.

Like I said create a pve CTF. Your problem will be solved.

Azemeazed
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
So ... what is the purpose? All of the issues seem to deal with unbalanced teams, and no amount of tweaking a 'spawn zone' is going to fix that. All this is proving is that the mechanics are just tools.

thats why choosing red/blue team should be changed with random teams selection.

Driaziy
05-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I Agree That Sounds Awesome.....:)

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 04:58 PM
You do have the choice immediately on enter. My guess is in 30 seconds one would know whether one would want to stay or go. Everyone has a choice to leave a match. They even have the choice to enter. Nothing has changed in that aspect.

30 seconds is plenty of time. Sorry, I guess I don't understand. If bubble is 30 seconds, I don't understand how you can be insta killed? Unless you stay 31 seconds. 30 seconds bubble and 1 second for insta kill?

Hmmm. Last one isn't a really fair question. It's CTF yes capture the flag. It is also pvp. One could the strategy to capture all the flags is to kill all the enemy so it is an easy trip back and forth. Hence, I kill the enemy. I have no issues with someone on my team carrying a flag. Not sure where you been, but I am not worried about the achievement. I want to fight the other side. I'll never make it on the lb. I don't play 24/7. When I do play I want to maximize my play time.

Like I said create a pve CTF. Your problem will be solved.
Half a min to check mini map, chat log to see how things are going as I entered (I lag during loading screens so bleh), and to see who is on my team at the same time? Naw, maybe one min considering I only got one set of eyes dispite my glasses LOL.

Yes PvP is part of CtF.. but its only part of it. Players seem to just focus on that cuz of the LB (bleh). Which is why theres spawn kills and then the invulnerability shield was implemented to stop that. Now, its pretty much back to square one.

joshtheboss
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Half a min to check mini map, chat log to see how things are going as I entered (I lag during loading screens so bleh), and to see who is on my team at the same time? Naw, maybe one min considering I only got one set of eyes dispite my glasses LOL.

Yes PvP is part of CtF.. but its only part of it. Players seem to just focus on that cuz of the LB (bleh). Which is why theres spawn kills and then the invulnerability shield was implemented to stop that. Now, its pretty much back to square one.

I still don't see how you can get spawned when your opponent can't even attack for a full 30 seconds.

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
thats why choosing red/blue team should be changed with random teams selection.
Great idea for PuGs in PvP! Locked rooms would also be great (for players looking for specific matches). :)

Edit: They are in the rooms as it ticks and dispite maybe being able to take out one out of two+ before the 30sec is up, WHAM after the shield is down get pwned lol. Nice strategy but renders the shield useless.

razerfingers
05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Also theres walls outside the spawn. Look at spawn room as a vase and the hallway is the neck well two can be at end of neck wating for shields to pop rush in boom dead back out again. Simple. People do it in ctf in pl all the time.

Skidmarkz
05-29-2013, 11:40 PM

Lol at camped outside waiting and somehow you made it out alive. That's because the match was over and the guildies came to talk to each other. When i say the match is over i meant that the other team left, we don't care about flags.

diego1marcus
05-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Aww man, no more double the odds...
When will the next expansion come anyways?

Tama Kino
05-30-2013, 04:20 AM
I enjoy PvP immensely, I can't seem to find any better type of satisfaction than beating another human being fairly. Unfortunately this doesn't always seem to happen in AL.

Rare
05-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Lol at camped outside waiting and somehow you made it out alive. That's because the match was over and the guildies came to talk to each other. When i say the match is over i meant that the other team left, we don't care about flags.

Ohhh man. Makes sense now. A pvp room is the perfect place to hang out and talk. Not like a guild hall or guild chat.

Skidmarkz
05-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Ohhh man. Makes sense now. A pvp room is the perfect place to hang out and talk. Not like a guild hall or guild chat.

We hang out where we want to hang out. :)

joshtheboss
05-30-2013, 08:19 AM

This type of attitude makes for great PvP.

Syylent
05-30-2013, 08:32 AM
I still don't see how you can get spawned when your opponent can't even attack for a full 30 seconds.

I was wondering if anyone saw it the same that I did. 30 seconds may not be long enough for some I guess. Generally if you have 5 people camping outside your spawn room and only 1 other person on your team, probably means a bunch left.

Rare
05-30-2013, 08:53 AM

Well, obviously.

You should send STS a thank you note for spending so much time and energy to create a chat room for you. :D

Skidmarkz
05-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Well, obviously.

You should send STS a thank you note for spending so much time and energy to create a chat room for you. :D

Not our fault our opponents rage quit.

Rare
05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Not our fault our opponents rage quit.

lol

Syylent
05-30-2013, 01:11 PM

Some of have issue with typing. It is easier to not worry about the / commands. Where is the guild hall?

Oraceanid
05-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Are you nuts you should be able to choose your own team. If you have a team bring them if not play with who you see. STS should remove the 30 s limit and just ensure if you have invulnerability you cannot kill/hurt anyone. Therefore you can stick around if you like until people arrive if you choose. If no one arrives then the next team simply collects the flag. I recall being on a team that was doing really bad people started leaving I stuck around until the right team came along to destroy the other team. You can also stick around until your buddies arrive. Note sticking around is your choice and still wont ensure that the right team will show up. I have been on teams that has gone through multiple teams lol... but I have also been a part of multiple teams that have lost to one team. That's it. My two cents.

Oraceanid
05-30-2013, 02:47 PM
3. player who leaves game got 15 mins bann to join new pvp game and new player replaces him

and if you really want to play with your friends, why not makeing different pvp mode where you can 4v4, party v party

Then nobody will play except. The room will be empty... You will have long wait times because no one will be there... Auto revives and then dies.... I don't think you believe in choice..

Oraceanid
05-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Double XP has ended.

Consider removing the 30s limit and just ensure if you have invulnerability you cannot kill/hurt anyone....

Theholyangel
05-30-2013, 03:54 PM
That's the thing with twink 21 PVP. We like to play together and hang out while killing people in pvp, regarding 5 camping outside the spawn, it's because we wait for the shield to run out for people whom camp in the base. Everyone in that PVP range has been ganged plenty of times, the answer, practice more and get your gears so you can kill them. Plain and simple, and if you see people talking, best to leave them be because they'll probably kill you if interrupted.

Rare
05-30-2013, 05:22 PM
That's the thing with twink 21 PVP. We like to play together and hang out while killing people in pvp, regarding 5 camping outside the spawn, it's because we wait for the shield to run out for people whom camp in the base. Everyone in that PVP range has been ganged plenty of times, the answer, practice more and get your gears so you can kill them. Plain and simple, and if you see people talking, best to leave them be because they'll probably kill you if interrupted.

Lol. Maybe...read the rest of the comments?

Azemeazed
05-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Then nobody will play except. The room will be empty... You will have long wait times because no one will be there... Auto revives and then dies.... I don't think you believe in choice..

you cant know that noone will play, ofcours theyll play, they need achievements for starters...
room wont be more empty than now when one team got 5 players and other 1 and waiting for someone to finally not enter lobby and leave couse he sees 5:1, actually you will wait less
auto revives means you revive in your spawn zone not at your death site (autorevive is to avoid someone skipping the fight and unbalancing his team)
i belive in choice to play pve or pvp

p.s. i also said that there should be party vs party mode of pvp, not so hard to program 2 pvp modes...

Oraceanid
06-03-2013, 03:09 PM
you cant know that noone will play, ofcours theyll play, they need achievements for starters...
room wont be more empty than now when one team got 5 players and other 1 and waiting for someone to finally not enter lobby and leave couse he sees 5:1, actually you will wait less
auto revives means you revive in your spawn zone not at your death site (autorevive is to avoid someone skipping the fight and unbalancing his team)
i belive in choice to play pve or pvp

p.s. i also said that there should be party vs party mode of pvp, not so hard to program 2 pvp modes...

Bud, All I am saying you can't force people..... PVP has its learning curve....People need to take the time... I paid my dues lol....

1. Game last 10 minutes. You will be surprise how 10 minutes flys in PVP....

2. Players are randomly put on teams.... This should be ones choice.... I join whatever teams are there or if I see my buddies I play with them

Point 2 is connected to 3
3. 15 mins ban..

People leave because of

1. Network issues, laggs etc

2. Started playing and realized that they have to do something else real quick (washroom etc. who knows...

3. Also why should I get ban if I leave if my random team sucks, people not playing as a team, running after flags when they shouln't, while I am being mobbed you are off getting a flag (Not helping the team)...Not fun... Maybe if the flag points where shared this could be considered.... and if so I don't like this idea sharing flags while I die...
I have been in a game and while the team is being destroyed this one guy instead of helping the team he heads directly for the flag. I followed him all the way to the flag area and Oh yeah he thinks I am going to defend him and the flag.... I left him standing.. solo by pressing my "MENU" button (Lol).

Stuck with people that don't take the time to level up... Not that I don't play with level 30 ... but higher level means better gears, more damage for pets if leveled up etc... If I join a group and you are at 30 and you are all over the place (poor play and bad gears just don't work) well I am out of that game. I spent the time levelling so should everyone else... I am out. Ban me....

4. Maybe not a bad idea, Agreed....