PDA

View Full Version : PVE One Man Army.

MurdocX
10-13-2010, 06:07 PM
Hello,

I was simply wondering what a good PvE build would be, weapon type/combination, and preferred armor type (isis, thoth, horus, etc). What I have in mind is a beastly strong bear that can be a 1 man army as long as he has a Mage behind him. I want a bear that can mop the floor with mobs with high damage.

Sorry if my perception of a bear is false lol. But to me it seems that my friends can run AO2 laps as long as they have a mage behind them.

A skill build would be nice too for PvE, I don't plan on PvP at all with this character.

Please & Thankies,

MurdocX

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't think you can have that 1man army build, yet enough damage with what your expecting.

If you have a mage(s) behind, that should be enough to do the AoE damage. Your role is to keep mobs on you and away from them.

For a pure tank PvE build, just go pure Str. If you want to do a bit of damage, get enough str for gear requirements and rest into dex.

As for gear, what level are you talking about? 45? 50?

Skill build is quite easy.

Max all the buffs (iron blood, evade, rage)
Max debuffs (scream, crushing blow)
Max aggro (taunt, beckon)
Max aoe control (stomp)
I maxed my SMS cause it seemed to do most damage, I left all my other slashes at lvl 1 just for the proc.
And 2 points into restore.

Xcelerator
10-13-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't think you can have that 1man army build, yet enough damage with what your expecting.

If you have a mage(s) behind, that should be enough to do the AoE damage. Your role is to keep mobs on you and away from them.

For a pure tank PvE build, just go pure Str. If you want to do a bit of damage, get enough str for gear requirements and rest into dex.

As for gear, what level are you talking about? 45? 50?

Skill build is quite easy.

Max all the buffs (iron blood, evade, rage)
Max debuffs (scream, crushing blow)
Max aggro (taunt, beckon)
Max aoe control (stomp)
I maxed my SMS cause it seemed to do most damage, I left all my other slashes at lvl 1 just for the proc.
And 2 points into restore.

What is buff? I've never understood this so I've never really used rage. I use iron blood some though but only for the armor boost. Never paid attention to the buff increase.

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 10:34 PM
A buff is a skill/item/anything really that increases your characters ability. (Dodge, damage, armor etc).

Rage if I'm not mistaken, adds +50 damage add 50% crit chance. So if you want to boost your DPS (damage per second) or base damage for a short period, use Rage.

Iron Blood + Evade well used usually makes a bear invincible in both pvp and pve. Along with your taunt (which increases your dodge), debuff scream and crushing blow, opponents deal very low to 0 damage to you.