PDA

View Full Version : Rogue vs Sorcerer :)

Raagzy
05-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Which of the two do you think is better? In the long run? At the beginning? Complete utter noob here :P

Thanks in advance
Raagzy :drunk::rolleyes:

Spyce
05-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Rogue > Sorcerer
I only like the sorcerers insane range.

Raagzy
05-29-2013, 07:52 AM
I forgot to mention, I will mostly play solo, unless I make friends. Are rogue's good at soloing?

Greencrow
05-29-2013, 08:01 AM
yes

GoodSyntax
05-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Only if you have Lots O' Pots

Infrico
05-29-2013, 08:08 AM
I'll make this simple:

Rogues > PvP

Sorcerers > PvE

matanofx
05-29-2013, 08:18 AM
if you want to make a pvp/pve sorc youll have to map skills

but as a rogue you wont really need to map skills, anyhow rogues kill easier in pvp but rely more on pots for pve

katish
05-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Go with rogue, trust me. There's almost nothing a rogue can't do.

And start saving money for potions, u'r gonna need them, but all classes need them!

Raagzy
05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks for all your help :) I have ended up going for sorcerer for now, as I tried both and preferred it. Also I won't be spending a huge deal of time on the game, so later when I do I will get another slot and make a rogue as they look good.

Raagzy ::rolleyes:

JaytB
05-29-2013, 08:36 AM
As said here already, rogues use a TON of (mostly) mana pots. Sorcerers are cheaper to play because they use way less pots and, in general, gear is cheaper.

Disadvantage of being a sorcerer is that they're really squishy (almost no dodge and lowest armor of any class).

Rogues, for pve, are more versatile because they can be specced for huge/reasonable aoe dmg and/or huge single target dmg, where a sorcerer is really only decent at dealing AoE dmg (and crowd control) but seriously lacks in the single dmg department.

Personally, I prefer playing rogue but in the end it's all personal preference.

Raagzy
05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
I ended up going for a Rogue. Anyone know any good pve rogue builds?

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 02:16 PM
As said here already, rogues use a TON of (mostly) mana pots. Sorcerers are cheaper to play because they use way less pots and, in general, gear is cheaper.......
Say what?! LMAO Mage gear is waaaaay more expensive than any other class and yet they are the squishest of all! They use a lot of pots too, even though they have heal speced with mana replenish and regen. The mana pools are huge so the skill doesn't give back that much mana.

Rare
05-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Say what?! LMAO Mage gear is waaaaay more expensive than any other class and yet they are the squishest of all! They use a lot of pots too, even though they have heal speced with mana replenish and regen. The mana pools are huge so the skill doesn't give back that much mana.

Really? Seems to be the cheapest to me too. Look at noble security versus noble will (dex rogue) and noble will (str warrior)

I have to say I use many more pots on rogue and warrior than sorcerer.

I will also say, a sorcerer in the party saves me tons of cash on pots on both rogue and warrior

Zuzeq
05-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Average Mage gear can maybe range (Bonechill, Champion and other crate gear..) on par or higher price tags than other classes. Elite gear wise, Mage armor is mad cheap side by side. Dex versions of Noble Assassin armor is STILL going for 890K-1.2M. Meanwhile, I bought a Noble Cloth of Grace (or whatever the INT heavy one is) for a guildie just last night for 60K and some change....

wvhills
05-29-2013, 02:38 PM
i have both and mage is more fun for me. Mages are great at crowd control and can breeze through mobs really fast. You won't be spending near as much on pots either. The only down side is when u get to the boss. My rogue can defeat the bosses in nordr pretty well by himself but it would take my mage A LOT longer. Boss fights were a huge reason to play rogue before the most recent daily quests came out. I could farm silver and gold warchests and when everyone bailed out at the boss (like many do) I could still solo it. Since the new daily quests grant silver and gold war chests the value of them has dropped so far that it's not worth it (for me) to farm them so I play mage mostly now. In the long run you'll probably end up playing both anyway. :)

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
60k?!??! Dahell?! LOL I looked earlier and saw Noble gear for Mages up in the 180k+ range. Cheaper? Nurr, I've seen Rogue gear for like 120k+ & Warriors in the 150k+ range. Geeze either the prices are being cut down hella fast at times or itfluctuates like crazy.

Smh. I gotta check prices more often. O.o

Zuzeq
05-29-2013, 03:10 PM
60k?!??! Dahell?! LOL I looked earlier and saw Noble gear for Mages up in the 180k+ range. Cheaper? Nurr, I've seen Rogue gear for like 120k+ & Warriors in the 150k+ range. Geeze either the prices are being cut down hella fast at times or itfluctuates like crazy.

Real time...Noble Doublet of Will (DEX version) : 844K

Noble Garments of Grace (INT/DEX version) : 321K

Noble Garments of Security (INT/STR version) : 620K

Ether way you cut it, top elite Mage gear is hundreds of thousands of gold cheaper. That cheap gear you're referring to is STR heavy for Assassin and DEX heavy for Tank. Def not "top"...

Azepeiete
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I ended up going for a Rogue. Anyone know any good pve rogue builds?

5/5 aimed shot
4/5 noxious bolt-no radius upgrade entitles "strengthened shot"
4/5 shadow veil-no explosion at the end, 2 nd upgrade with the swords crossing icon, think its called combusting decay
4/5 or 3/5 entangling trap-no "combustion tank" upgrade, ever. The "razor wire" upgrade is optional, but I like it.

5/5 passive dex
5/5 passive int
3/5 passive str

JaytB
05-29-2013, 03:55 PM

I don't mean to sound offensive, but if you'd actually know what gear is top for each class you wouldn't say that.

The prices you're mentioning in your later post are like comparing apples to oranges and calling the oranges cheaper.

I played all 3 classes since 21 cap, if you did the same you'd know, amongst 'top' gear, sorcerer stuff is always a good chunk cheaper as 'comparable' rogue or warrior stuff. Which is also normal IMO, since rogues and warriors seem to be the most popular classes around.

Jed
05-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Sorcerer is the most fun to me, although rogues usually annihilate us in pvp. If you want to feel like you're good, go with rogue, but being a sorcerer is more fun if you don't care about losing.. much.

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 04:48 PM
I don't mean to sound offensive, but if you'd actually know what gear is top for each class you wouldn't say that.

The prices you're mentioning in your later post are like comparing apples to oranges and calling the oranges cheaper.

I played all 3 classes since 21 cap, if you did the same you'd know, amongst 'top' gear, sorcerer stuff is always a good chunk cheaper as 'comparable' rogue or warrior stuff. Which is also normal IMO, since rogues and warriors seem to be the most popular classes around.
Im not easily offended, more amused than anything lol. I've been playing since AL's launch, who cares? LoL And btw *points at my other post* ;)

Besides, it also depends on which gear players consider "top" for their builds. Some think DMG > HP/Armor, some like Crit%/DPS > DMG, and others want to try to get a happy medium. The Mage gear def needs to be tweaked either way compared to the other two classes.

@Jed: I agree! I play way more on my Mage than my Rogue or Tank. Just more fun and interesting. The other two bore me tbh.

Rare
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM

Ahhh yes there is some gear that is cheap. But it's useless gear. Much like Grace or savvy for sorcerer

Alhuntrazeck
05-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorcerers can do well in PvE and PvP if you go for HP>DMG. With that gear equipped, I can go for a decent ~2.6k health and ~250 damage. I do have a hybrid and DMG build, but I mainly use this one.

Rogues dominate PvP kills (and they do well with flags with that shadow piercer). Like Jed said, if you want to feel like a winner take a rogue, but if you want to enjoy the game, sorcerer. Tbh, its the most fun class to play, even if my kdr is negative and by a long stretch.

My $0.2.

Elner
05-30-2013, 06:26 AM
You put in 20 cents, alhuntrazeck, here's me 2 cents alhuntrazeck

ShadowGunX
05-30-2013, 07:11 AM
warrior a beast. it cannot b messed up :-P

wvhills
05-30-2013, 07:27 AM
my k/d is alot better on my mage than on my rogue in pvp and my mage is level 30 in semi noob gear. I played a rogue forever and finally got tired of getting stunned and killed by mages while I was helpless to do anything so I decided to join them. :)

Rogues definitely have an easier time with warriors but mages (even tho they're slow) seem to be able to run away faster. I swear the time that either the % of time mages are stunned or the duration of how long they are stunned is much less than it is for rogues.

iBodega
05-31-2013, 08:45 PM
I love Rogue and I'm currently a lvl 31 with 45 pets.

I just think Rogues are so versatile with mostly everything and can deal out some serious punishment.