PDA

View Full Version : For fans of The Simpsons,

Petrichor
05-29-2013, 12:07 PM
a life size Springfield is coming to Orlando. I thought this was pretty neat to see. Where would you go first? ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/05/simpsons-theme-park-to-feature-life-sized-springfield.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbY3Ox0hcrk

KingFu
05-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Used to be addicted to that show. Owned every season lol. Can't watch the video now, but any idea if they have intentions in building the nuclear power plant? :s

XghostzX
05-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Good to see you on forums, Chloe! :)

Aracnus
05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I live an hour from a real life size Springfield right now, haha!

Suentous PO
05-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Moes.

I'm in Portland right now passing Flanders street, this is where a ton of the names come from. Mat grew up here.

KingFu
05-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Moes.

I'm in Portland right now passing Flanders street, this is where a ton of the names come from. Mat grew up here.

Yeah, the town Springfield is also supposed to be in Oregon. He said he picked Springfield because it could be any Springfield the fans wanted, but he originally based it off a fictional town from a TV show he watched when he was younger.

Spyce
05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Family Guy > The Simpsons.

KingFu
05-29-2013, 07:10 PM

Please don't start up this debate...Either way, American Dad > Family Guy for me. American Dad actually has a storyline and content past flashbacks and idiotic stunts.

Regardless, you have to have some respect for The Simpsons, as it's the longest running sitcom, and animated show on television. The franchise basically paved the way for shows like Family Guy. Even if the show's quality has lowered the past few years.

Zeus
05-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Please don't start up this debate...Either way, American Dad > Family Guy for me. American Dad actually has a storyline and content past flashbacks and idiotic stunts.

Regardless, you have to have some respect for The Simpsons, as it's the longest running sitcom, and animated show on television. The franchise basically paved the way for shows like Family Guy. Even if the show's quality has lowered the past few years.

The Simpsons is older than him. :p

KingFu
05-29-2013, 07:20 PM

And you.

Walkhardd
05-29-2013, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Mysticaldream;1116044]The Simpsons is older than him. :p

I think it started in the late 80's, so I'm sure its older than almost everyone here. :p

Quote fail.

Matutd
05-29-2013, 07:21 PM

And you.
And me.... Sorry, I felt left out, and Im really craving attention......

Walkhardd
05-29-2013, 07:23 PM

And you.

Omg. Be born earlier next time, noob!

Matutd
05-29-2013, 07:25 PM

And you.

Omg. Be born earlier next time, noob!
The amount of stupid in this is incredible hahaha. Mainly the noob part, im quite evidently pro at life..... *reminds self of insecurities* *cries in the corner*

FluffNStuff
05-29-2013, 07:29 PM

Yeah, and AL > PL because it is currently more popular with the kids. Cut to the future when PL is remembered as an innovation where players of all different devices could join together in a game that was clearly a labor of love and AL is remembered as that game where you paid to open crates.

KingFu
05-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Yeah, and AL > PL because it is currently more popular with the kids. Cut to the future when PL is remembered as an innovation where players of all different devices could join together in a game that was clearly a labor of love and AL is remembered as that game where you paid to open crates.

I miss you fluff <3

Matutd
05-29-2013, 07:34 PM
I hate it so much when family guy drags out songs, or random scenes like chicken fights or whatever, because they just need to fill an episode...

Petrichor
06-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Used to be addicted to that show. Owned every season lol. Can't watch the video now, but any idea if they have intentions in building the nuclear power plant? :s

I have no idea. I will try and look into it for you!

Good to see you on forums, Chloe! :)

Thank you will! :)