Thread: Hybrid weapon stocks to rebalance play styles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hybrid weapon stocks to rebalance play styles

Speaking from a Int Bear point of view. The stat driven for specials has nurfed that setup as far as being effective part of a team is concerned.
    Its not a real tank, nor does it have the power that mages have that make them a good part of a team.

Since the mage weapon systems are not highly damaging for hand to hand combat. In the past this was a non issue due to max damage from Str specials but no longer.

I suggest the creation of hybrid type weapons that specifically aimed at correcting these issues. What comes to mind is an American Indian Shaman would also be a warrior. Maybe a hatchet that held magical properties but also had i nice physical damage different from the magic damage. Or it could give a huge critical bonus to physical combat.

I have not thought about the other hybrid setups. Maybe others have some ideas..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Definitely a step in the wrong direction if you ask me.

Gear is not the solution to balancing out the classes, core attributes and abilities are. Bad gear balance only adds to the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hybrids are already overpowered, hybrid gear would just make it worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I agree with the previous 2 posts.

If anything, one pure class they should boost is the Mage class. It's dying out with everyone just wanting to be a mage for rez and its skills and no longer the pure int aspect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see the advantage of hybrids.... There is almost always a Mage when you're doing a level, what's the difference whether you have it's spells or not. Most of them effect either the enemies or the whole group anyways. Why not just go pure bear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Mages really are needed in AO3. For example, it's almost impossible to kill gurgox without a Mage! That could go for all bosses! Mages may not have super ultra powers but I think the game would be almost impossible without mages. We need mages for their high heals that no health potion can do, and a revive that keeps the game playable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyf97 View Post
    Mages really are needed in AO3. For example, it's almost impossible to kill gurgox without a Mage! That could go for all bosses! Mages may not have super ultra powers but I think the game would be almost impossible without mages. We need mages for their high heals that no health potion can do, and a revive that keeps the game playable
    you would always go for a palladin or even a dex mage over a pure in AO3 though due to the 0% survivability. half my rezzes in AO3 go to fallen mages... hence we really need to do something over the dying pure mage.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

As MAGALIO, a level 50 Mage all cosmos'd out, I agree that the pure Mage COULD use a hand but really isn't necessary. The A03 level as hard as it is, is really about team efforts. Mages should have no qualms coordinating a balanced team and/or asking for help with potting up on 2x armor or damage. I think the play is really about team work. If we make it too easy to damage or be successful in completing levels, it removes the game play dynamics and even effects sales/trades. It should be difficult to climb the levels, after all that’s the excitement of the game. Too easy means too boring or uneventful and folks don't return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes ofc its about team play, problem is this setup doesnt fit anywhere. Pure mages have the spell strength, bears have the physical. i get to run in and what? shoot my magic wand(weakest part of mage setup is direct attack) or i should run in and use my wand to slash?
    Why not go pure bear? cause thats what everybody does. whats fun about just doing the same thing someone else already else is doing. wheres your creavity? since of style?
    Last edited by SoShaan; 10-27-2010 at 05:18 AM.