Thread: Random Disconnects - Need Assistance Diagnosing Issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Exclamation Random Disconnects - Need Assistance Diagnosing Issue

I am using PC, Chrome version 24.0.1312.52 m (since most up-to-date version doesn't work with AL at the moment). Generally, I have 60-120 ping while playing. I can go to any town in the game without lag. I can run maps by myself without lag. As of Saturday, 1 June, I started randomly getting 100k+ ping spikes until disconnect in maps such as Elite Southern Seas, Elite Mines of Nordia, Kraken Mines 3. It happens whether I start the map or someone else does. It usually happens about 1 minute into the map. I have rebooted my modem and router, looked at the router logs, and I see no issues. However, I am only an amateur in Network+.

Further information: I usually run two accounts simultaneously on Chrome. One will sit in guild hall while the other runs maps with guild members. The above lag issue will happen in one instance of Chrome only, the other account in the other window will be perfectly fine. I can also surf the internet just fine while the ping raises from what it was at until 100k+. I have also tried (a few times) to see how AL runs on my Android device via my WiFi connection. So far, no disconnects like the one I experience in Chrome.

I started this thread in hopes some network savvy people can help me pinpoint the issue and hopefully find a solution. I have a feeling it has something to do with Chrome and a protocol agreement - however I am not sure. Thank you for all and any assistance.
    Last edited by Taejo; 06-03-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I just tried Chrome version 25.0.1364.172... was fine until I ran Elite Southern Seas. Link dead within the first minute.