Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luck based pvp system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Luck based pvp system

Horrible pvp system. So tired of a million dodges. Yeah hit percent counters ok well hmm the 0.01 percent jt counters does absolutely nothing. Sts your game went to complete crap and you guys sit back and praise al. Turning out just like the horrible service of gameloft. Greed runs the world people. Get used to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

The last sentence you wrote pretty much sums up the only thing that can be done. Get used to it.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

EndGame bird fights go either

Dodge, 578, Gf

Or

dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, 364, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, 614, Gf

^no exageration

But yeah, the current PvP system is horrible at many levels. Maybe they should get rid of the Dodge factor and make every blow "hit" 100% of the time and increase the Health Pool and armor by a lot to compensate the dodge card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Dodge and crit gives noobs the chance to kill pros, tiki to kill dragon, birds to beat mages, etc... Overtime though, your kdr should even out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

We told STS to focus on one game and get it right. So they did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

True^^ however STS made different spells for a reason, if we only hit one skill and they're dead. Does it matter that they got -40hit or pushed back?

Personally it's just the lack of skill that irks me. 50pvp <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Join the club, Josh.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Pros, sold my gear lol pvp got lame of being OP lolz

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I suppose it's a good thing I'm almost capped in GW2. The World vs World pvp is great! You know...just the usual 500v500v500

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Let's just increase everyones health Pool by 4x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    EndGame bird fights go either

Dodge, 578, Gf

Or

dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, 364, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, 614, Gf

^no exageration

But yeah, the current PvP system is horrible at many levels. Maybe they should get rid of the Dodge factor and make every blow "hit" 100% of the time and increase the Health Pool and armor by a lot to compensate the dodge card.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsbri View Post
    Dodge and crit gives noobs the chance to kill pros, tiki to kill dragon, birds to beat mages, etc... Overtime though, your kdr should even out
    Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    True^^ however STS made different spells for a reason, if we only hit one skill and they're dead. Does it matter that they got -40hit or pushed back?

Personally it's just the lack of skill that irks me. 50pvp <3
    You guys understand that pvp is just a sidetrack from the "main" game of pve and questing?

Just a sample of your thoughts: imagine a bear tanking elite dragon slayer with 10% dodge. I would bet you can't spam that fast pots nor mages can keep you alive. They did not increase %dodge or %hit by random but with the higher focus on the endgame.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Well then stats for PvP and pve shouldn't be the same it doesn't really make sense these they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostel View Post
    You guys understand that pvp is just a sidetrack from the "main" game of pve and questing?

Just a sample of your thoughts: imagine a bear tanking elite dragon slayer with 10% dodge. I would bet you can't spam that fast pots nor mages can keep you alive. They did not increase %dodge or %hit by random but with the higher focus on the endgame.
    Or perhaps PvE is a sidetrack for PvP?

It's all about perspective, Apostel. I look at PvE & Questing as a way to attain different items and such for more benefits in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

It's all about perspective, Apostel. I look at PvE & Questing as a way to attain different items and such for more benefits in PvP.
    I agree with Will, I would've quit Pocket Legends very quickly if all I did was pve. That being said Im not a fan of pve at all, I just got my first cap and have had the option to do so since sewers. Pve is painful for meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostel View Post
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No, just no.

PvE came way before PvP. In fact, several campaigns were released before PvP even hinted at a debut. The main platinum purchases come from PvE, therefore PvP is just a sidetrack from the "main" game of PvE and questing.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-07-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I agree. But you have to watch it through the eyes of a dev. I doubt they had in mind the way it is now when they invented the game years ago. Of course its hard to find a health wage between pve and PvP. But get used to it, its the way it has evolded now. Instead of complaining to every single bit and crack of the game try to evolve your play style too. That's my opinion. That way you will eventually get back the joy to play this game again.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostel:1128594
    I agree. But you have to watch it through the eyes of a dev. I doubt they had in mind the way it is now when they invented the game years ago. Of course its hard to find a health wage between pve and PvP. But get used to it, its the way it has evolded now. Instead of complaining to every single bit and crack of the game try to evolve your play style too. That's my opinion. That way you will eventually get back the joy to play this game again.
    Yep, im positive devs made the sets, ring, etc how they were now looking at PvE, not PvP.
    I doubt devs made sets according how would they go in PvP.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    No, just no.

PvE came way before PvP. In fact, several campaigns were released before PvP even hinted at a debut. The main platinum purchases come from PvE, therefore PvP is just a sidetrack from the "main" game of PvE and questing.
    No, just no.

If PvP were a side track thing, I shouldn't be seeing you that much in PvP, Parth. It's not like you made all of those twinks just for PvE. I don't see a "PvE discussion" thread for PL.

If PvP weren't here, what would be doing? Just running through dungeons all day? Gathering around and talking to our good-ole buddies for a solid hour on an online game? I come for the competition "showing off" my skills against other players.

I 100% agree with what Apostel said that the meat of the game was PvE through the eyes of a Dev, but not through a vast majority of the players, and I believe that the devs made the game for the players, not themselves. Of course the devs probably don't know how to balance out stats as well for PvP wise because the game was meant for PvE, and I understand that's what you're trying to say. But through my eyes, PvE is my 'side track' thing. That is my opinion, and as a I stated, a perspective.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No, just no.

If PvP were a side track thing, I shouldn't be seeing you that much in PvP, Parth. It's not like you made all of those twinks just for PvE. I don't see a "PvE discussion" thread for PL.
    A handful of players, including me, does not mean that PvP is the main aspect of the game. Believe it or not, but the main income STS gets is from PvE. PvP itself gets very little. Heck, even PvP players have to run PvE maps every once in a while. I personally do a little bit of both. I farm when I'm bored of PvP and I PvP when I'm bored of farming.
    If PvP weren't here, what would be doing? Just running through dungeons all day? Gathering around and talking to our good-ole buddies for a solid hour on an online game? I come for the competition "showing off" my skills against other players.
    Yes, exactly that. A majority of players do just that & then maybe a few kills of PvP on the side. There is only a handful of players that are committed to strictly PvP. I'm sorry, but the business does not revolve around PvP.

I 100% agree with what Apostel said that the meat of the game was PvE through the eyes of a Dev, but not through a vast majority of the players, and I believe that the devs made the game for the players, not themselves. Of course the devs probably don't know how to balance out stats as well for PvP wise because the game was meant for PvE, and I understand that's what you're trying to say. But through my eyes, PvE is my 'side track' thing. That is my opinion, and as a I stated, a perspective.
    Again, if PvP was the main point of the game, the developers would have fixed it. PvP has gotten maybe a handful of updates in the 3 years of PL? If PvP was the main aspect, it should definitely have received more attention, correct?

PvP is not and will never be the main aspect of PL. It is the fun thing on the side to do which is why it receives such little updates.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it was the main aspect of PL but the facts are there and they say that it is not. If it were, PvP would have been fixed now, don't you think? Instead, it was just a growing imbalance that imploded this cap.

Cheers,

~Apollo
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List