Thread: The Purge ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Red face The Purge ;p

How I love horror movies... But one problem is will it be good or bad? It comes out June 7 tomorrow in theaters... Give your opinion.
    FOGYYS
    - LEVEL 41 -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I actually want to see this one as well...

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

To me it looks like just another stupid plot set up for the sake of having another thriller. I probably won't even see it, even with horror movies I need some content and a plot that doesn't sound dumb right away to get divulged into it. Could be wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In case you do not know.

The Purge is this Thriller/Horror movie that takes place in a city. Its about a family that is surviving the night...
    They opened doors for this man who was screaming at the top of his lungs trying to get in... They let him in with only seconds to spare..
    Apparently the guy is a crime-maker... And strange encounters want this man... They apparently break the security and get in the house..
    Now this is where i am going to stop.... So yeah that is all i am going to tell you...
    FOGYYS
    - LEVEL 41 -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default The Purge ;p

Im gonna see it

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Detest horror movies because of lack of good storyline. But all those who're watching it, nice.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

I iz scared for life nao.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I think the idea of having a night where all crime is allowed is cool. However, I'm with Myst on this one, as it's just another twist to the plot in order to make a horror/thriller movie.

I'll still see it if my friends want to.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 06-07-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I think the idea of having a night wear all crime is allowed is cool. However, I'm with Myst on this one, as it's just another twist to the plot in order to make a horror/thriller movie.

True, I definitely agree the idea in itself sounds cool, the illogical side of it is too much for me though :/ Maybe they'll actually explain that in the movie, but the message I got during the previews was that it was to have the people keep their anger and violence dormant until that one night where they could carry out the crimes they've been wanting...which makes absolutely no sense to me. If they somehow make it work and not be one of those movies where they don't explain why and you're supposed to just ignore and accept it, it could end up pretty good since the plot itself has gotten my attention. Otherwise...eh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:1128377
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I think the idea of having a night wear all crime is allowed is cool. However, I'm with Myst on this one, as it's just another twist to the plot in order to make a horror/thriller movie.

True, I definitely agree the idea in itself sounds cool, the illogical side of it is too much for me though :/ Maybe they'll actually explain that in the movie, but the message I got during the previews was that it was to have the people keep their anger and violence dormant until that one night where they could carry out the crimes they've been wanting...which makes absolutely no sense to me. If they somehow make it work and not be one of those movies where they don't explain why and you're supposed to just ignore and accept it, it could end up pretty good since the plot itself has gotten my attention. Otherwise...eh.
    I had the same thought. There was something about it that didn't seem to fit well. Especially the part where they even have a night where there is all crimes allowed. How does this help society by allowing crime? The trailer just makes it seem as if everyone is just going to kill each other if they are allowed to, and it's just a bit disturbing at how the setting and story is set up. Sure it'll be another "thriller", but the story doesn't appeal as much.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Honestly, I have yet to find a horror film that actually scares me. I just sit there thinking "why the hell would you do that?" etc.. It just bugs me because in real life, no matter what the problem is, you would get the hell out of there. Old rusty shack, you'd keep away. Guy who looks a bit screwed up, you'd keep away. I know this sounds really weird, but the "scariest" film I've ever watched is wickerman and that's not even a horror. For some reason it just freaked me out so much.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd:1128813
    Honestly, I have yet to find a horror film that actually scares me. I just sit there thinking "why the hell would you do that?" etc.. It just bugs me because in real life, no matter what the problem is, you would get the hell out of there. Old rusty shack, you'd keep away. Guy who looks a bit screwed up, you'd keep away. I know this sounds really weird, but the "scariest" film I've ever watched is wickerman and that's not even a horror. For some reason it just freaked me out so much.
    They seem to like to dumb the characters at times down so that the situation happens the way they want. "Hey, I'm going to go break off from the group all alone to investigate a clearly ominous sign of a creature that will rip me apart" to "Hey, there's something clearly bad going on here with people dying one-by-one... let's stay here!"

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:1128836
    They seem to like to dumb the characters at times down so that the situation happens the way they want. "Hey, I'm going to go break off from the group all alone to investigate a clearly ominous sign of a creature that will rip me apart" to "Hey, there's something clearly bad going on here with people dying one-by-one... let's stay here!"
    Yep, every single horror film is the same, it's always some incredibly unrealistic events, or incredibly stupid characters who, on the most part, are the only ones to blame for their misfortunes
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Nah man, I'm totally going to just go down in the dark basement all by myself, shouting, "Who's there! Show yourself!"

I've yet to find a horror movie that actually freaks me out. I sometimes (mostly) don't even believe it when they say this is based on a true story. If I were them, I would of ran away to China.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

But is the reason why we think they're stupid, and why we would get out of there because of the horror movies? Think about that :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I was going to see it last night...but I heard bad reviews. I saw Now You See Me instead and I really liked it

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:1128836
    Ikr!
    "OMG look its the house that no one lives in and ppl say its haunted and they hear monster growls from it! LETS GO IN NARBS!"
    Saw "horror" movie last year, about ppl who are somewhere with zombies/ghosts that kill you, turn you into a zombie/ghost.
    The last 3 survivors were by a door that led outside, one of em said, "no lets stay in, I wanna learn bout ghosts and zombies and investigate!"
    Who in their right mind would GO there, and if they found ghosts and zombies, and then found a door to outside, they should've went out and survived :|

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:1129044
    But is the reason why we think they're stupid, and why we would get out of there because of the horror movies? Think about that
    Actually, you have a point. We know its a horror movie, whereas the characters obviously dont. To be fair, if Im home alone and hear a noise, I dont run straight out of the house. I go to see what the noise was, if it did happen to be a psychotic murderer, well, I'd be screwed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post: