Thread: My first Rant thread; hopefully to make the community think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default My first Rant thread; hopefully to make the community think.

Yes, In a way, this is my first Rant thread. I'm posting this knowing the risks that it can be misconstrued as a trolling/flame thread. It isn't it's way of venting out properly things going on in-game, hopefully to make people think, hopefully to make people change, if none of that happens at least to inform the community about these things that have been going on.

• Nowadays, it is frustrating to see so many people with borderline names. I can't name any but we all see them. I have to admit that its sad to a lot coming from people from my nationality. They do it because they can get away with it, because filters don't apply to our native tongue. What's wrong with a regular character name? Not cool enough? Seriously? It's not the name that makes you cool. It's the person using the toon.
    • Selling gold/plat/levelled toons/game items/for prepaid phone credits/real money. These aren't scams. They're real and can deliver. I have an idea of how they do it, most are probably done in questionable ways. I'm not sure of the percentage of successful transactions vs scams but it's being done. Again, most from my nationality. One of the reasons claimed that it's done is to help those who can't attain the items. I believe this isn't true by doing so, they just deprived the player of money on a free to play game by violating the TOS which in turn could get the player banned. I would say that isn't helping, that's taking advantage of someone for their own personal gain.
    • Selling illegal substances/Sexual harassment in game. Seriously? In a game that KIDS PLAY? What kind of person in their right mind would do this?
    • PVP taken too far. I can understand the rules have changed in PVP. It's no longer red vs blue. Its gang with allies vs those who aren't. Fine. It's a game. Just because your girlfriends toon died in-game, in a pvp arena or just because you got killed while chatting with a friend from from the opposing team doesn't make it okay to insult people terribly outside of the arena or outside of the game. Again, most are from my nationality again.
    • Scamming new players. "If they bit into it, they deserve it." NO, NO, NO, NO! Even though this is just a game, No one deserves to be scammed. End of story.

I think something has to be done about this. I'm a veteran of all the legends games and I haven't seen things this bad til Arcane Legends.

Don't get me wrong. I've done my part in talking to them personally to say stop. I've reported a few but things are getting out of hand.

How can we be proud to wear our flag and represent our nation in a game like this? This makes me sick and frustrated to see it happen over and over again.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see the IP addresses from this country banned permanently from logging onto the game. I will say, not all of us are bad BUT the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

I know a lot may not like what I had to say. If so, please join the I hate Athenum Group. They are out there somewhere, they won't be hard to find.

One may say: "If you hate it so much and complain, why don't you quit?" I'm not quitting because something should be done about this. I'm not complaining either, I'm informing the community.

I hope STS can read this so appropriate measures can be taken.

Thank you.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Amazing thread.
    +1

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Athenum View Post
    Yes, In a way, this is my first Rant thread. I'm posting this knowing the risks that it can be misconstrued as a trolling/flame thread. It isn't it's way of venting out properly things going on in-game, hopefully to make people think, hopefully to make people change, if none of that happens at least to inform the community about these things that have been going on.

• Nowadays, it is frustrating to see so many people with borderline names. I can't name any but we all see them. I have to admit that its sad to a lot coming from people from my nationality. They do it because they can get away with it, because filters don't apply to our native tongue. What's wrong with a regular character name? Not cool enough? Seriously? It's not the name that makes you cool. It's the person using the toon.
    • Selling gold/plat/levelled toons/game items/for prepaid phone credits/real money. These aren't scams. They're real and can deliver. I have an idea of how they do it, most are probably done in questionable ways. I'm not sure of the percentage of successful transactions vs scams but it's being done. Again, most from my nationality. One of the reasons claimed that it's done is to help those who can't attain the items. I believe this isn't true by doing so, they just deprived the player of money on a free to play game by violating the TOS which in turn could get the player banned. I would say that isn't helping, that's taking advantage of someone for their own personal gain.
    • Selling illegal substances/Sexual harassment in game. Seriously? In a game that KIDS PLAY? What kind of person in their right mind would do this?
    • PVP taken too far. I can understand the rules have changed in PVP. It's no longer red vs blue. Its gang with allies vs those who aren't. Fine. It's a game. Just because your girlfriends toon died in-game, in a pvp arena or just because you got killed while chatting with a friend from from the opposing team doesn't make it okay to insult people terribly outside of the arena or outside of the game. Again, most are from my nationality again.
    • Scamming new players. "If they bit into it, they deserve it." NO, NO, NO, NO! Even though this is just a game, No one deserves to be scammed. End of story.

I think something has to be done about this. I'm a veteran of all the legends games and I haven't seen things this bad til Arcane Legends.

Don't get me wrong. I've done my part in talking to them personally to say stop. I've reported a few but things are getting out of hand.

How can we be proud to wear our flag and represent our nation in a game like this? This makes me sick and frustrated to see it happen over and over again.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see the IP addresses from this country banned permanently from logging onto the game. I will say, not all of us are bad BUT the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

I know a lot may not like what I had to say. If so, please join the I hate Athenum Group. They are out there somewhere, they won't be hard to find.

One may say: "If you hate it so much and complain, why don't you quit?" I'm not quitting because something should be done about this. I'm not complaining either, I'm informing the community.

I hope STS can read this so appropriate measures can be taken.

Thank you.
    Well Said Athenum,Well said.I agree on All of the things you said and I do wish that STS Community may read this.This Rant isnt the same as others....It has a good Point.

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Rant threads like this is awesome. I don't think it is even called a rant! That's "constructive feedback"!

Couldn't agree more on the PVP part. Kids go like "Dayum I !@#$ your mum!". Cyber-harassing is almost everywhere in every MMORPG. All we can do is stay calm and give them a cute smiley!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I remember back in my twinking stages I stole a flag (one flag, mind you) from someone else on my team who was trying for champion (100 flags). So immediately he (i'll assume its a he for now) stopped and said 'everybody kill alhunt'. I flagged that flag. The game was won.

Outside, he spammed me calling me words I wouldn't care to repeat. I kept replying with until he finally stopped. Wow. Some people in AL should take things easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Don't take your ideals in game. Learn to embrace the imperfections. Just keep role-playing in this fantasy world.

My IGN: Marshi (Mage), Xhu (Warrior) | Click here to see my signature artworks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to marshmallow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Another great post for Athenum!
    You are caring so much about this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I remember back in my twinking stages I stole a flag (one flag, mind you) from someone else on my team who was trying for champion (100 flags). So immediately he (i'll assume its a he for now) stopped and said 'everybody kill alhunt'. I flagged that flag. The game was won.

Outside, he spammed me calling me words I wouldn't care to repeat. I kept replying with until he finally stopped. Wow. Some people in AL should take things easier.
    lol this one guy spent several minutes hunting me down after I "stole" a flag; enough time to flag several times.
    Then he added me as a friend.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

rofl. I don't think it's good to post igns, but he was XxtwinkxX or something like that.

(Would be embarrassing if he was one of you forumers reading this thread)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Athenum View Post
    [LIST][*]Selling gold/plat/levelled toons/game items/for prepaid phone credits/real money. These aren't scams. They're real and can deliver. I have an idea of how they do it, most are probably done in questionable ways. I'm not sure of the percentage of successful transactions vs scams but it's being done. Again, most from my nationality. One of the reasons claimed that it's done is to help those who can't attain the items. I believe this isn't true by doing so, they just deprived the player of money on a free to play game by violating the TOS which in turn could get the player banned. I would say that isn't helping, that's taking advantage of someone for their own personal gain.
    Why the game devs don't allow this is potential of scamming.
    This is the reason that everyone is made aware of but if you dig deep down and think of STS as a business, the business side to it is you're selling something that doesn't belong to you.
    It's their game and their rules so you really have no ownership over your gold/items or account.

Aside from all of that, and to warn all you paypal users out there who are thinking of doing this
    Paypal forbids virtual transactions as they prefer most transactions to be in the form of a service or goods and pixels are neither.
    Paypal will ban you permanent if you get caught, and you will have a lightyears worth of troubles setting up another Paypal account.
    Since we now live in the e-world it's more beneficial to not have your name on Paypal's blacklist.
    (this is from personal experience so i'm not making up this stuff)

And depending on which country you reside in (especially the more developed ones), these so called transactions will have to be reported on your yearly income tax sheets. They are considered 100% profit and if undeclared, you're risking the chances of getting caught which you will be heavily fined or jailed (in the worst case scenario) depending on how much was you've netted in...+ your credit rating will go down the drain so GL getting a loan from the bank or applying for a credit card.

So basically don't sell stuff for real money it's not worth it really.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 06-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Athenum, sry for not knowing... What is your nationality please? ( just want to know to put your post in context)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

There is only so much sts can do... More filters start to bring issues with things that don't need it... Scams are only in so much of their control... And pvp well... Lol I don't see anything wrong with it.

This game is very very well controlled. If you want to do your part,
    Report someone who scams or who is inappropriate. Otherwise... You are asking Sts to make a perfect game in an imperfect world. Impossible
    Chilicrush - Rogue

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

i do my part

just yesterday i reported atleast 6 players for scams explaining exactly what the scam was in a detailed email

i cant keep track if sts is going to ban those players but i really hope they do and ill continue reporting the players who make it their mission to steal from others.