Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is it me or the 4 or 5 lines of chat on top of the screen are annoying after update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Is it me or the 4 or 5 lines of chat on top of the screen are annoying after update?

Note: This applies to iPhone/iPod Touch only.

Before update I believe the chat lines shown on top center of the screen are two or maybe one but now there are 4 or 5. The problem is thise chats really create an obstacleon the viewing area. I have to constantly adjust my camera angle or simple "move" the enemy on left or right side of the iPhone in order to see what's going on or switch targets. Warrior does not have much problem because of the close combat, but for ranged character the viewing area is very limited now. Please add an option for us to decide how many chat lines we want to see on the top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It is not you and yes, not my favorite thing. I put a suggestion in the suggestion forum to add a button to toggle it from 5 to 1 lines like you can on the iPad.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm okay with it, but a option to choose where to display it would be nice.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Definitely annoying. the new chat bubble made the text show lower and i had to play for 30min with the last item some dude found, right in the middle of the screen. refresh or something would be nice.
    Alteran Archer, lvl 30, GMT+9(Tokyo), English/French/Japanese.
    Alteran Blue Potion Junkie (BornToHeal), lvl 30.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is fixed, log in and let me know what you think.
    .j.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakis View Post
    This is fixed, log in and let me know what you think.
    .j.

I think i preferred 4 lines, but the placement is excellent now. Very well placed as compared to before.

One thing I have to add is that it is not possible to see all the chat. Last time hitting the chat button will display the chat but now it doesnt.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the postitioning is better after this update but now you cant see more than 4 deep. by the time you look at what was said 4 more people have said something and the original is gone.

it needs a REAL chat window. so when you open the bigger chat window to see the archives the smaller one goes away and there aren't 2 sets of chats interfering with one another.
    Mage--Peyton
    Level 30 (who isn't these days)
    alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This is better but ideally would be great if there was a small button that you could tap to toggle chat lines from X lines to 1 line like on the iPad.

Thanks for looking into this though.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

this said, I don't really like the last update either... the texts got out of the way, but the chat bubbles feel weird down there, and the HP/mana bars are way too small now. We either die faster or use too many potions because it's harder to judge.

The rest is sweet though... I saw loads of people bitching about the one-way trade system and kids begging for free items, but it's great so far
    Alteran Archer, lvl 30, GMT+9(Tokyo), English/French/Japanese.
    Alteran Blue Potion Junkie (BornToHeal), lvl 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like where the chat bubbles are now. That was a good idea putting them down there, but I agree with Splurd on how we can't view more of the chat now when we click the talk option. Should bring that back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that chat needs some major buffing up. It's really frustrating that there is literally no archive you can scroll back to view older messages.

Also we could really really use WoW-style item name 'chatting', and it'd be nice if the 'quick access' chat buttons were all visible when you die, for now I set my 'Revive please!' message as the fourth option so I can see it when I'm dead.
    Snick lvl 35 dps archer (Alterra)
    Athena lvl 30 aoe enchantress (Alterra)
    Bryck lvl 29 warrior tank (Alterra)
    Bankers lvl 1 trading mule (Alterra)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    I agree that chat needs some major buffing up. It's really frustrating that there is literally no archive you can scroll back to view older messages.

Also we could really really use WoW-style item name 'chatting', and it'd be nice if the 'quick access' chat buttons were all visible when you die, for now I set my 'Revive please!' message as the fourth option so I can see it when I'm dead.
    The devs just have to make it so that you can click the three lines of chat, and it opens up a chat box that is the screen. Here you can read many more lines and scroll to see previous things said.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.