Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-06-07 Content Update (122601)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think it's kind of lame to make a big deal about elixir power being doubled and not mention the fact that the price is doubled.

Everyone is complaining about the structure of the contests and it being geared toward twinks and rogues. My gut tells me the true purpose of this weekend is to see if players are willing to spend more plat for higher powered elixirs like pl has.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I think it's kind of lame to make a big deal about elixir power being doubled and not mention the fact that the price is doubled.

Everyone is complaining about the structure of the contests and it being geared toward twinks and rogues. My gut tells me the true purpose of this weekend is to see if players are willing to spend more plat for higher powered elixirs like pl has.
    Never thought of that! How true...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Hmm interesting insite wv and agree 100%....I can honestly see why people are quitting this game...the rich get richer....basically there's one team that's littered all over the lb in times runs that has four rogues, all full mythic with arcane hooks....now they will get rings....sts shouldnt have made it where you get more entries the more your on there... the ridiculous thing is there is only one warrior listed in all this, and that's gravescar, also full mythic and arcane....they should have limited somehow youbhave to have one of each class on a team..or I hope they do a competion that benefits warrior and mage, (how many wolfs can u kill in a min solo for each class.. i guarantee not one mage amulet will be given with this contest...and warriors have been so nerfed in pve they are practically useless to kill and just tank and heal....the worst thing is the no response from sts regarding this baised competition that this whole thread is discussing.... and hauntlet is just dumb its all twinks.....can we put op rogue on these new banners, cause that's who will be wearing them. .
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Hmm interesting insite wv and agree 100%....I can honestly see why people are quitting this game...the rich get richer....basically there's one team that's littered all over the lb in times runs that has four rogues, all full mythic with arcane hooks....now they will get rings....sts shouldnt have made it where you get more entries the more your on there... the ridiculous thing is there is only one warrior listed in all this, and that's gravescar, also full mythic and arcane....they should have limited somehow youbhave to have one of each class on a team..or I hope they do a competion that benefits warrior and mage, (how many wolfs can u kill in a min solo for each class.. i guarantee not one mage amulet will be given with this contest...and warriors have been so nerfed in pve they are practically useless to kill and just tank and heal....the worst thing is the no response from sts regarding this baised competition that this whole thread is discussing.... and hauntlet is just dumb its all twinks.....can we put op rogue on these new banners, cause that's who will be wearing them. .
    Here is the solution:

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana. And then instead of a race, it would be more strategy intensive. Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions. I'm going to add this idea to the suggestions forum. If some of you back me up there, maybe we will see this idea in a future contest.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Good idea. I can see Assassins respecting combat medic and rolling with Nexus and Kogas now.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Good idea. I can see Assassins respecting combat medic and rolling with Nexus and Kogas now.
    And tooooooons of plat for revives. My crystal ball sees this in the near future.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here is the solution:

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana. And then instead of a race, it would be more strategy intensive. Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions. I'm going to add this idea to the suggestions forum. If some of you back me up there, maybe we will see this idea in a future contest.
    So we ban 4 rogues and welcome 4 mages? not a good solution.

They basically have to implement bosses that require 1 of each class. Easiest way to do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Yeah at first glance it seems a little lame that twinks can crush a few areas on the leaderboards, but there is also a different perspective. This is more of an equalizer between the rich and poor than anything else. You don't need to have mythic or arcane gear. Almost anyone can quickly make a twink and not spend too much gold on getting it geared. At that point all you need is a good team with some good strategy. So from that perspective actually seems like a good thing to me. Not that I'm biased or anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    So we ban 4 rogues and welcome 4 mages? not a good solution.

They basically have to implement bosses that require 1 of each class. Easiest way to do this.
    Nah, I think a party with a mix of classes would do better if they implemented that change. Let the rogues keep their "assassin" spec, but take a mage along for mana regen and a warrior along to tank and take all the damage.

For example, mages in elites would get killed. They need a warrior to tank, and they would need a rogue to kill the boss or it would take a long time. Rogues with aimed shot critical hit cause 5 times as much damage as a mage does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    And tooooooons of plat for revives. My crystal ball sees this in the near future.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    If you use plat revive it turns a "pure" run into an elixir run. I know this because it happened to my party yesterday. I died during an elite "pure" run, and when I did a plat revive suddenly it became an elixir run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Here is the solution:

Excellent suggestion Energi .... I back ya ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Here is the solution:

Excellent suggestion Energi .... I back ya ...
    However there should be portals during contests to enter time runs if your suggestion is implemented... ,cos don't wanna make normal players sad who use potions for their normal quests...
    Last edited by Linkincena; 06-10-2013 at 01:16 AM.