Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Questioning the fairness of the time contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questioning the fairness of the time contest

Hello everyone,
    since this is my first post here, i hope i do that correctly . Im quite new to AL (played for 5 weeks now) and English is not my native language, so please dont mind if i do some mistakes, but nevertheless i hope that it is enough to explain my thoughts.
    My question aims on the fairness of this time contest. As i do understand that, everyone who gets on the leaderboards has the chance to win a mythic item, when they get one multiple ones, their chances are even greater.
    What follows now is just an assumption to explain my point. Imagine team ABCD (all having arcane and mythic stuff, best pets, great skills..)manages to reach the first place in any dungeon level and we assume that they are definitively the best team. But what would happen, if such a mega team redo those levels 25 times and surpass their own records or just reach the same time (nobody else can surpass them) over and over again? Would there now be a list with only team ABCD holding all ranks? So only those 4 persons would have the chance to win the price and even to reach the banners would be nearly impossible for the others..
    So if that is the case, for me personally it would be unfair because i would not have the possibility to get anything with my 'normal stuff', then i would suggest to limit the records of the same teams to a certain amount so that more people can have the chance to win something.
    I know all this is really exaggerated and only an assumption so please correct me if i made a big mistake, and thanks for reading!

Arigosmit

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arigosmit View Post
    Hello everyone,
    since this is my first post here, i hope i do that correctly . Im quite new to AL (played for 5 weeks now) and English is not my native language, so please dont mind if i do some mistakes, but nevertheless i hope that it is enough to explain my thoughts.
    My question aims on the fairness of this time contest. As i do understand that, everyone who gets on the leaderboards has the chance to win a mythic item, when they get one multiple ones, their chances are even greater.
    What follows now is just an assumption to explain my point. Imagine team ABCD (all having arcane and mythic stuff, best pets, great skills..)manages to reach the first place in any dungeon level and we assume that they are definitively the best team. But what would happen, if such a mega team redo those levels 25 times and surpass their own records or just reach the same time (nobody else can surpass them) over and over again? Would there now be a list with only team ABCD holding all ranks? So only those 4 persons would have the chance to win the price and even to reach the banners would be nearly impossible for the others..
    So if that is the case, for me personally it would be unfair because i would not have the possibility to get anything with my 'normal stuff', then i would suggest to limit the records of the same teams to a certain amount so that more people can have the chance to win something.
    I know all this is really exaggerated and only an assumption so please correct me if i made a big mistake, and thanks for reading!

Arigosmit
    Across all the 6 timed leaderboards, a particular team can only be picked once to win the ring. So if team ABCD appears multiple times, yes, it will increase team ABCD's chance of being chosen, but once team ABCD has been chosen, team ABCD cannot be chosen again. Note that team ABC is considered to be a different team than team ABCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Across all the 6 timed leaderboards, a particular team can only be picked once to win the ring. So if team ABCD appears multiple times, yes, it will increase team ABCD's chance of being chosen, but once team ABCD has been chosen, team ABCD cannot be chosen again. Note that team ABC is considered to be a different team than team ABCD.
    Okay thank you very much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    Wow, first time i saw H2N out of the announcements forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Wow, first time i saw H2N out of the announcements forum
    He posted a bunch in my last big livestream thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sorry. English is your second language? Wow. Very impressive. I wouldn't have known.