Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now another suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Now another suggestion

I read thru last time that the highest dps in the group take the most dmg first

Since warrior is equip with the highest hp and armor, I suppose that they shld be stick inline with their responsibility, taking dmg first in ctf.

Agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Was in one of your teams yesterday.
    Maybe you shouldn`t run ahead of the group casting your timeshift skill and you might survive longer.
    Just stay behind us warriors...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spects View Post
    Was in one of your teams yesterday.
    Maybe you shouldn`t run ahead of the group casting your timeshift skill and you might survive longer.
    Just stay behind us warriors...
    Haha, I wasn't some1 that like to hide behind warrior and gain kills from there...I like to go upfront dmg my enemies...kill if possible to help out team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Monstertongue View Post
    Haha, I wasn't some1 that like to hide behind warrior and gain kills from there...I like to go upfront dmg my enemies...kill if possible to help out team
    Nice strat. Write PVP guide pls

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swexcist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I read thru last time that the highest dps in the group take the most dmg first

Since warrior is equip with the highest hp and armor, I suppose that they shld be stick inline with their responsibility, taking dmg first in ctf.

Agree?
    Okay, you want that, correct? Totally understandable.

Here you're implying that you don't like hiding behind warriors. Doesn't this contradict you saying that you want warriors to take the damage for you? Honestly, your best bet is to stick behind warriors and kill while they're taking the damage for you. That, my friend, is called strategy.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Okay, you want that, correct? Totally understandable.

Here you're implying that you don't like hiding behind warriors. Doesn't this contradict you saying that you want warriors to take the damage for you? Honestly, your best bet is to stick behind warriors and kill while they're taking the damage for you. That, my friend, is called strategy.
    LOL, did i ever mentioned that i need warrior to take dmg for me? i just wish to highlight to DEV that warrior should fufil its responsibility to take dmg FIRST in a group since its on HIGH armor and HP, if there is no warrior, next highest armor or hp personel shld be responsible. For pvp, if every1 uses your so call strategy , its not even a strategy in the first place lol.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

LOL, did i ever mentioned that i need warrior to take dmg for me? i just wish to highlight to DEV that warrior should fufil its responsibility to take dmg FIRST in a group since its on HIGH armor and HP, if there is no warrior, next highest armor or hp personel shld be responsible. For pvp, if every1 uses your so call strategy , its not even a strategy in the first place lol.....
    Hello,

For future reference, please don't bait me with aggressive posts, as all I'm going to do is report it, which leads to both forum and, if severe enough, in-game activity to be monitored on your account

Secondly, you did that you wanted developers to highlight and implement warriors taking damage first in a group. How do you plan to implement this? Everybody's attacks are automatically directed at the warrior? The warrior would be dead in seconds and useful to nobody.

Therefore, you should stick behind the warrior and attack while their focus is on the warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Although i dont agree with monsters "strategy" its true that even when im (sorc) behind warrior i draw a lot if not worst damage. I stay behind two warriors and a rogue and a mage and still i draw those deadly strikes and die first. Ad yes, im dead in seconds. Not useful to my team. My hp is 2800 and my dmg 274. Pretty good if not very good values for non-mythic. So although i understand that its reasonable for the enemy to kill the dd first i think its kind of unbalanced. My strategy is now hit and run and that looks cowardly. People mock me about that. (

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hello,

For future reference, please don't bait me with aggressive posts, as all I'm going to do is report it, which leads to both forum and, if severe enough, in-game activity to be monitored on your account

Secondly, you did that you wanted developers to highlight and implement warriors taking damage first in a group. How do you plan to implement this? Everybody's attacks are automatically directed at the warrior? The warrior would be dead in seconds and useful to nobody.

Therefore, you should stick behind the warrior and attack while their focus is on the warrior.
    Couldn't agree more my friend, well stated.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello,

Eh hello,

i did not bait you for any aggresive post and u can report for all you wan beacause this game isnt my life. i am just stating the fact about this game and the unfairness sorc been receiving this far. And you the 1 that is arrowing me for my contradicting comment and i have corrected you.

and u said this
    "Okay, you want that, correct? Totally understandable."

and yet after u gave me this
    "Secondly, you did that you wanted developers to highlight and implement warriors taking damage first in a group. How do you plan to implement this? Everybody's attacks are automatically directed at the warrior? The warrior would be dead in seconds and useful to nobody.

so whos is the 1 with contradicting post?

and pls dont bait me....i hope you can refrain from posting in my thread. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Eh hello,

i did not bait you for any aggresive post and u can report for all you wan beacause this game isnt my life. i am just stating the fact about this game and the unfairness sorc been receiving this far. And you the 1 that is arrowing me for my contradicting comment and i have corrected you.

and u said this

"Secondly, you did that you wanted developers to highlight and implement warriors taking damage first in a group. How do you plan to implement this? Everybody's attacks are automatically directed at the warrior? The warrior would be dead in seconds and useful to nobody.

and pls dont bait me....i hope you can refrain from posting in my thread. Thanks
    Hello,

I am sorry but I do not understand what you are saying completely. From what I've read, I've gotten little fragments, but unfortunately the language barrier is preventing both me and you from communicating effectively.
    Note: This statement was not meant with any offense, as it is neither my fault or yours.

However, from what I do understand, you did say that you wanted warriors to be able to play their role and have more damage, correct? How do you suppose those would do that? If developers made warriors be auto-targeted, it would cause problems, especially during CTF. Also, if the opposing team automatically targeted warriors, they would be dead in seconds, thus not allowing the warrior to tank properly.

My suggestion was to hide behind the warrior and strategically attack as a poster stated in this thread. Why? It distributes the damage across your teammates so you all can strategically take down opponents.

I treated your post with respect, I would expect you to do the same with mine.

The reason why I replied to you was because of this:
    Now, from what you've said is that you want to be able to lead the line, but also not die when you charge in front of your enemies? I'm sorry, but that is not how it works. If you want to lead and not hide behind players, then perhaps you are playing the wrong class for your playing style. Therefore, I would suggest that you try a warrior if you do not like to hide behind players.

Thank you,

~Apollo
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-09-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Eh hello,

and u said this

Ok, I'm not arguing with anyone, but you aren't making any sense.

How can you say following a tank isn't strategy??? Its THE strategy. Lol

None of your posts are making sense, and you are contradicting yourself

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

FYI warriors arent your toy shields that they should get all the damage, ofcourse theyd die within seconds. Mages should get hit too, thats where strategy comes in.

The idea is flawed.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

As a mage, unless you are going 1v1, you should hang out in the back, stun and attack the enemies from a distance and heal/replentish mana as needed with a teammate between you and the enemy at almost all times when possible. You should also be one of the last in your team to die in a big fight as your role in the team is partially that of support and you are not doing this if you die early. You are doing you and your team a disservice if you try to be too much of a hero. Although I consider myself as that of a supportive role and have a defensive build as a mage, I still usually have a large number of my teams kills with this strategy, if not sometimes the most. Some of you may call it being a noob or a coward. Some of you may call me a kill stealer. But I think this is the best strategy for a mage in end game PvP. You will probably disagree, but this is just my opinion and you are free to disagree. Bottom line, if you want to be aggressive and run out in front be prapared to take a lot of damage. Perhaps, put up your shield, run to the enemy and do your thing, then try to get behind your teammates before your invulnerability wears out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

To be an effective mage you have to use your stuns and your shield well. For example, a good strategy is to put up your shield, stun the enemy and run through the enemy's warriors and attack the rogues in the back. They usually are not ready for it and if you know what you're doing you can take out a rogue or two before the stun wears off the warriors. Then you can turn back towards the warriors and help the group take them down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Energizeric and the others are correct.

The reason why Rogues often stay behind Warriors is to take advantage of their range, take advantage of Warriors HoR, and essentially deal as much single target damage as possible. This is a terrific strategy for Rogues and essential for successful group attacks. Energizeric's strategy (and I can attest to it) is to wipe out the highest damage dealers first (namely the Rogues, followed by Sorcs) and take down the Warriors last. Warriors have the highest armor and HP, so for Rogues (like myself), they are mana sponges. Mana is best spent taking down the most significant threat from the opposing team, which means bypassing the Warrior front line first, take out the Rogues and Sorcs, then circle back.

The reason why this is so effective, is that you keep your Warriors fresh, so they don't have to absorb the immense damage from charged Aimed Shots, and it allows your Sorcs to do what they do best - massive AoE damage and stuns/crowd control.

In a good team, my Rogue usually is one step behind the Warrior - I use his HoR for shielding while my Sorc launches a Fireball to stun the opposing team. While the opposing team is stunned, I penetrate the line and pick off the rangers (Rogues and Sorcs), then return to my group for a heal. If you wipe out the main source of damage and healing, you will usually win the fight.

Remember, your Warrior team mate is not just a punching bag, there to get pummeled, they are an essential part of your party, providing shielding and taking, which frees you up to do your job. The worst possible team in PvP is a group of 5 Rogues. The reason is because they have no one around for Crowd Control and AoE damage, which are the duties for Sorc's and Warriors. In a good team, everyone does their job, and does it well. In a bad team, you see Warriors who cannot/will not tank, Rambo Sorcs who try get all the kills, but in doing so, expose themselves to the other team, leading to quick deaths, and Rogues who either spend the entire match fleeing or launch into a group 1v5, neither of which are helpful for the team.

Remember, CTF is a team based game. A single player is part of a larger attack/defensive unit. As soon as you realize that and accept the role(s) best suited for your class, the more successful your team will be.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well well well....i think u guys have gone off course from my suggestion....i am nt discussing about strategy here....the 1 and only strategy u guys have mention is becoming so usual, standard and lack of something (bored to use it over n over again)...therefore i don tink of that as a strategy but a rather a norm. So thats what i mean and maybe u guys shld stop on this topic.

Now back onto the real suggestion, a fellow sorc have pointed out in this thread. Read it. thats the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    Although i dont agree with monsters "strategy" its true that even when im (sorc) behind warrior i draw a lot if not worst damage. I stay behind two warriors and a rogue and a mage and still i draw those deadly strikes and die first. Ad yes, im dead in seconds. Not useful to my team. My hp is 2800 and my dmg 274. Pretty good if not very good values for non-mythic. So although i understand that its reasonable for the enemy to kill the dd first i think its kind of unbalanced. My strategy is now hit and run and that looks cowardly. People mock me about that. (
    even its 5v1 on a warrior, the survival rate is definitely better than a mage or rogue. that y my suggestion is to allow warrior to take dmg first according to the armour value.

How i come out with this suggestion is because like what energizeric has mention...i like to move front dmg opponent and kill....if i manage to survive, my group will reach me and help me out. But few occasion, i manage to get behind team for a few good sec and suddenly an arrow comes out from enemy rogue and kill me. Y is it even possible for the arrow to flew past 2 warrior and 2 rogue then kill me?
    \

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The reason why is because you were purposefully targeted.

My Rogue always breaks through the Warrior line to attack Sorcs and enemy Rogues first. They are the primary damage dealers, and therefore, are the greater threat to my team. Also, keep in mind that just because you are moving, the targeting happens first and even though you may move while the arrow shot is animating, you were targeted a second earlier, while you were still in front of the line. If there were no animation, you would have been killed before you passed the 2 Warriors and 2 Rogues. You are just witnessing the delay between when the shot is fired, and when it animates the actual strike.

People often complain about ranged attacks like Warrior's Axe Throws and Rogues Aimed Shot. I've been pulled through walls, and I've been hit with Aimed Shots with no Rogues apparently nearby, but that is all because of the difference between target/release time and the animation time when I am hit - that's all.

You will often see good Rogues playing a hide-and-seek game, putting their Warrior team mate between them and any attackers. This makes them incredibly difficult to target and is a very effective (if vexing) strategy. You have to understand what auto-targeting does in this game, and it will all make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe a dev can clarify. Upon group clash...who takes the dmg first? perhaps it will solve the mystery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

No one takes DMG first - it's all about whom the target is.

Everything is based on auto-targeting. The closest combatant is targeted first, so Taunting has no affect in the arena (it's purely a PvE skill).

This concept that someone has to take DMG first is where you are getting tripped up. When you attack someone, the person that was targeted gets the DMG, not the Warrior behind him because he just so happens to have more HP and armor than the Sorc who led the attack.

What you are talking about is similar to an arrow changing direction mid-flight because it noticed that someone with more HP was down the hall. Kinda silly sounding, wouldn't you say?