Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Juggernaut Worth Getting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Default Juggernaut Worth Getting?

Hi, I've made so many Warrior, but in none of them have I got a good skillset that is pretty good/doable in both PvE and PvP. Also, I wonder sometimes if Juggernaut is worth getting. I know it's worth getting at low levels if you have under 1k health because that's more than half your health bar. But if you're like lvl 20 with like 3.5k health, will healing 300-500 health really help you in anything? I've tried Juggernaut with one of my Warrior, it works well for lvl 10 and under, but if you're any higher, it doesn't seem like much use. Also, what are the upgrades for it? Also, somebody please give a skillset that works pretty well in PvE and PvP. I'm thinking Windmill to snare, Axe Throw to reel in, VB for Mana and buffs, HoR for healng. But I've heard SS is most damaging and it's good to have if you want to flag, so I'm pretty confused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hey Drearivev, I'll help u with that request, As I'm a Semi-Pro warrior in AL, u must know that we warrior characters should be pure tanks(players with high hp & armor) to become a pure tank, u must do the following things:
    Stats: Stats r always useful, to get excellent results, put all ur stats points in Strength
    Skills: Skills r ur special moves which does lot of damage, do master ur skills put these skills on:
    Active skills:
    1) Skyward Smash 4/5 (remove that mana gain upgrade)
    2) Windmill 5/5
    3) Vengefull Blood 5/5
    4) Horn Of Renew 4/5 (remove that taunting effect)
    Passive skills:
    1) Might 5/5
    2) Damage 4/5 or 3/5
    3) Knowledge 2/5 or 1/5
    Equipments: These materials will be there on u to grant stats, my advice is to get equipments which grants More STR & Less INT & Armor
    (Always use legend weapon which grants More STR & Dps)
    Pets: These living creatures will be ur best friends in AL who will stand & fight beside u. Take pets who grants mostly STR (recommended pet: Ribbit)
    Now lvlup & be a pure tanks
    <font size=4><font color=#0000FF><i><b>Tryndamare</b></i></font></font>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Btw, the Mighty juggernaut Armor is sure a good armor, better take lvl21 Mighty juggernaut armor or lvl21 Mighty berserker armor
    & take lvl21 Mighty Juggernaut Helm. or lvl21 mighty berserker helm.
    Best equipments: equip urself with lvl21 mighty juggernaut helm & lvl21 mighty Berserker armor, for getting best results
    <font size=4><font color=#0000FF><i><b>Tryndamare</b></i></font></font>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tryndamare View Post
    Hey Drearivev, I'll help u with that request, As I'm a Semi-Pro warrior in AL, u must know that we warrior characters should be pure tanks(players with high hp & armor) to become a pure tank, u must do the following things:
    Stats: Stats r always useful, to get excellent results, put all ur stats points in Strength
    Skills: Skills r ur special moves which does lot of damage, do master ur skills put these skills on:
    Active skills:
    2) Windmill 5/5
    3) Vengefull Blood 5/5
    Passive skills:
    1) Might 5/5
    2) Damage 4/5 or 3/5
    3) Knowledge 2/5 or 1/5
    Equipments: These materials will be there on u to grant stats, my advice is to get equipments which grants More STR & Less INT & Armor
    Pets: These living creatures will be ur best friends in AL who will stand & fight beside u. Take pets who grants mostly STR (recommended pet: Ribbit)
    Hmmm....thanks, I always get mixed up if I should put Axe Throw in it.

Btw, the Mighty juggernaut Armor is sure a good armor, better take lvl21 Mighty juggernaut armor or lvl21 Mighty berserker armor
    & take lvl21 Mighty Juggernaut Helm. or lvl21 mighty berserker helm.
    Best equipments: equip urself with lvl21 mighty juggernaut helm & lvl21 mighty Berserker armor, for getting best results
    Oh I was talking about Juggernaut skill, lol. And how expensive is this????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Active skills:
    2) Windmill 5/5
    3) Vengefull Blood 5/5
    Passive skills:
    1) Might 5/5
    2) Damage 4/5 or 3/5
    3) Knowledge 2/5 or 1/5
    Why Warrior Passive skills Damage? Passive skills Agi -Gives us 25 Dex = 125 lives +1.25% Dodge + 0.88% Crit + 1.3 DMG. It's important to us is life and not damage!!!5% of the damage it Lol.Tak as we Gives Animal.You agree that that Passive skills Agi is better than Passive skills Damage?
    Last edited by Rubilnikoff; 06-09-2013 at 03:42 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubilnikoff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Skill set is all up to you. Nothing is right or wrong. Just your preference.

If you have to have AT,

+ windmill/HoR/VB will save you a lot of mana. easy play. But long CD and low dmg.
    + CS or SS will give you better dmg. CD feeble and stop winding skill, SS stun and let you move faster.
    But in pve, having AT make you to low dmg (IMO). But nice skill in pvp.

And Jugg will give you 500 hp + 20% dmg reduction and no stun. It is good when you have only two warriors in pvp.
    But I recommend to have 5 skills, 3 points on jugg if you really want it. And use it when you need it in stead of one of your attack skill.
    When it goes with VB, it gives you 1k hp, no stun, mana regen, 20% dmg reduction, 15% dmg. Nice tank mode. I usually let other warrior heal first, and when other team's mage stuns out team, I heal my team cuz they can't stun me or kill me that fast.
    Fewer kills, but better than getting dead. Usually do this when gvg match going on. (When win more matters than kills.)

Again. It's up to you
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-09-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Skill set is all up to you. Nothing is right or wrong. Just your preference.

If you have to have AT,

+ windmill/HoR/VB will save you a lot of mana. easy play. But long CD and low dmg.
    + CS or SS will give you better dmg. CD feeble and stop winding skill, SS stun and let you move faster.
    But in pve, having AT make you to low dmg (IMO). But nice skill in pvp.

And Jugg will give you 500 hp + 20% dmg reduction and no stun. It is good when you have only two warriors in pvp.
    But I recommend to have 5 skills, 3 points on jugg if you really want it. And use it when you need it in stead of one of your attack skill.
    When it goes with VB, it gives you 1k hp, no stun, mana regen, 20% dmg reduction, 15% dmg. Nice tank mode. I usually let other warrior heal first, and when other team's mage stuns out team, I heal my team cuz they can't stun me or kill me that fast.
    Fewer kills, but better than getting dead. Usually do this when gvg match going on. (When win more matters than kills.)

Again. It's up to you
    So are CS and SS good attacking skills for both PvE and PvP?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Double Post - Sorry
    Last edited by Syylent; 06-11-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    So are CS and SS good attacking skills for both PvE and PvP?
    PVP only, but can apply to pve... mainly pot spamming, which I hate.

If you spam skills, it is a mana hog. When I tried I constantly ran out of mana sorta like a rogue. If your fighting people that have a clue it is easy to avoid. CS range is so short, lag makes it miss a lot. I am not a big fan of CS in PVP, at least I can't get it to be effective.

If you gang a lot, do a ton of 5v5 or just don't feel like killing anything juggy is fun. The 45 second CD is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post

If you spam skills, it is a mana hog. When I tried I constantly ran out of mana sorta like a rogue. If your fighting people that have a clue it is easy to avoid. CS range is so short, lag makes it miss a lot. I am not a big fan of CS in PVP, at least I can't get it to be effective.

If you gang a lot, do a ton of 5v5 or just don't feel like killing anything juggy is fun. The 45 second CD is awful.
    Then which attck skills do you recommend that work pretty well in both PvE and PvP? And Juggernaut seems pretty useful now after I read Mstj's post properly. But if I use Juggernaut, then should I take out HoR, VB or an attack? And 45 seconds is long, 20 would be better.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Then which attck skills do you recommend that work pretty well in both PvE and PvP? And Juggernaut seems pretty useful now after I read Mstj's post properly. But if I use Juggernaut, then should I take out HoR, VB or an attack? And 45 seconds is long, 20 would be better.
    It is really up to the individual. I have a really good friend tank (and our guildies) we share specs with. They are all specd different and do quite well.

If it was me doing pve and pvp, I would stick with SS 4 of 5.. forget mana WM 5 of 5 VB 5 of 5 HoR 3 of 5 and rest is passives.

If it was just PvE, I would make a completely new tank.. Juggy VB HoR CS and passives.

I am at 21 and just pvp. I do not like pve. I currently can't decide between SS WM VB HoR, AT SS VB HoR and AT SS VB HoR. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Still going tank spec in pvp is fun... you just don't kill anything. The fun only last 5 minutes.

One thing I should add.. The tank spec only works as good as your team. If your team is horrible, it is an awful spec. The others.. you don't rely on your team. Quite frankly most of the players in AL are well.... I'll leave it at that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

This is true.
    CS+SS cost a lot of mana in pve and jugg will not worth on gang fight.
    But like I said when gvg fight going on or fair 5vs5 fight is on (when regroup after each fight and wait for everyone's ready), jugg is useful when your team have less than 2 tanks or other team has lot of good mages.

So you need to time your jugg well.

Also CS need to be aimed. But feeble every 3 sec. It's all up to how you use.
    Like I said windmill is easiest skill for warrior. (I just personally don't like)

I recommend 5 skills. VB + HOR is must-have. And two attack as you want. And 3 points for jugg.
    So I usually don't use jugg. But use it in stead of one of attack when I feel like I need it.

It all depends on your play style and situation.
    If you want only 4 skills, I would say VB + HOR + JUGG and SS or windmill.
    SS for stun and flag, windmill for dmg. And no need int passive.
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Aegis

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This is true.
    CS+SS cost a lot of mana in pve and jugg will not worth on gang fight.
    But like I said when gvg fight going on or fair 5vs5 fight is on (when regroup after each fight and wait for everyone's ready), jugg is useful when your team have less than 2 tanks or other team has lot of good mages.

So you need to time your jugg well.

Also CS need to be aimed. But feeble every 3 sec. It's all up to how you use.
    Like I said windmill is easiest skill for warrior. (I just personally don't like)

I recommend 5 skills. VB + HOR is must-have. And two attack as you want. And 3 points for jugg.
    So I usually don't use jugg. But use it in stead of one of attack when I feel like I need it.

It all depends on your play style and situation.
    If you want only 4 skills, I would say VB + HOR + JUGG and SS or windmill.
    SS for stun and flag, windmill for dmg. And no need int passive.

For a 5v5 situation and only 2 tanks, I can certainly agree with that. You just wont be killing anything.

"It all depends on your play style and situation. " Totally true. It will require many respecs to find that out as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Thank you Syylvent and Mstj!
    Now I kind of understand what to use (kind of, just need to think a bit thanks to you two
    Thinking of making a new Warrior and using somthing similar. I agree that VB+HoR is a must.
    So I'm thinking of this: 5 skills, just switch for PvP and PvE.
    PvE-
    SS, WM, VB, HoR
    PvP-
    SS, VB, HoR and WM or Juggernaut

Just can't decide on PvP skillset. Is Juggernaut better for PvE or PvP? And if PvP, then group fights or like a 1v1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

You just wont be killing anything.
    Again. True. Lol
    But I do get some lucky kills. Even 3 together with my SS.

For me Win more matters than personal kills. That's my play style.

Just can't decide on PvP skillset. Is Juggernaut better for PvE or PvP? And if PvP, then group fights or like a 1v1?
    Jugg is good with friends cuz it's supportive skill. 1on1 is ok too. But one attack makes really hard to kill decent players.(it will be hard for them to kill you too tho) You can use it in stead of VB, but once your mana is out you will be in trouble. But if your dmg is good, it will be not that bad.
    As always. Depends on how you play.
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-11-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    Aegis

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thank you Syylvent and Mstj!
    Now I kind of understand what to use (kind of, just need to think a bit thanks to you two
    Thinking of making a new Warrior and using somthing similar. I agree that VB+HoR is a must.
    So I'm thinking of this: 5 skills, just switch for PvP and PvE.
    PvE-
    SS, WM, VB, HoR
    PvP-
    SS, VB, HoR and WM or Juggernaut

If you are like me whatever you choose be prepared to respec...

Ohh I agree with mstj, well except for the wins. I am not much of a flagger. The skill section I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Oh. I didn't mean about flags. I meant win of battle, not ctf.
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-11-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Aegis

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Oh. I didn't mean about flags. I meant win of battle, not ctf.

Doh! I agree then. you make about the 6th person I have agreed with since November. The other 5, I joined their guild and have not regretted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Jugg is good with friends cuz it's supportive skill. 1on1 is ok too. But one attack makes really hard to kill decent players.(it will be hard for them to kill you too tho) You can use it in stead of VB, but once your mana is out you will be in trouble. But if your dmg is good, it will be not that bad.
    As always. Depends on how you play.
    Hmmm....now I'm thinking of dropping Juggernaut. I guess I'll just use my PvE build for PvP. Or I might use Juggernaut just in case like you do. Whatever. Thanks for your help guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CS range is so short, lag makes it miss a lot. I am not a big fan of CS in PVP, at least I can't get it to be effective.
    Hello all, I am new to the discussion board. I am playing AL for 2months now. I read discussion board, but never reply before.

But since your discussion is interesting, I wanna drop some of my experience too.

I am a warrior, full str, my skill set:
    SS; CS; JUG; HOR

I ussualy att boss or player in PVP with 2 skill continuously : SS to get close enemy, while my character jumping I charge the CS.

Sometimes if lucky, I can kill a horde of enemy just in 2 moves, or kill 2 people in PVP, (happened once)