Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Juggernaut Worth Getting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    What juggy have is it supposed to take away status effect if used charged problem with it is you cant use any skill when you are stunned , it can only take away slow status effect , so might as well take that effect away and replaced em with a 5 secs status invulnerability none charged or 10secs status invulnerability for charged juggernaut... just my 2 cents
    Ahh, I see what you're saying now. My apologies for misinterpreting what you meant. With Juggernaut, it's all about foresight and planning. In PvP, we know that fireballs will come followed by Slag stuns - we have to plan ahead and use Juggernaut before we enter battle and hope to kill the stunners within 15 seconds. Otherwise, its a 30 second wait to be invulnerable to movement impairing effects again. Juggernaut works very well for this situation; you shouldn't be getting stunned or rooted/snared while the 15 second buff is going. If you are, I would screenshot and report it for the Devs to investigate. In PvE, I haven't noticed any issues with the 15 second buff in regards to boss' stuns. Test is out on Glob and Frostr - they cannot stun you while charged Juggernaut is activated.

One nuisance of Juggernaut that I absolutely cannot stand is not being able to use it while rooted or snared in some cases. Especially in Nordr, this problem arises daily. When stuck on the ice patches, you cannot charge Juggernaut to release yourself. Nor can you cleanse the snare ailment from the ice elemental's AE snare within CC/Olt/Valheim. Very frustrating and should be looked at by Devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Ahh, I see what you're saying now. My apologies for misinterpreting what you meant. With Juggernaut, it's all about foresight and planning. In PvP, we know that fireballs will come followed by Slag stuns - we have to plan ahead and use Juggernaut before we enter battle and hope to kill the stunners within 15 seconds. Otherwise, its a 30 second wait to be invulnerable to movement impairing effects again. Juggernaut works very well for this situation; you shouldn't be getting stunned or rooted/snared while the 15 second buff is going. If you are, I would screenshot and report it for the Devs to investigate. In PvE, I haven't noticed any issues with the 15 second buff in regards to boss' stuns. Test is out on Glob and Frostr - they cannot stun you while charged Juggernaut is activated.

One nuisance of Juggernaut that I absolutely cannot stand is not being able to use it while rooted or snared in some cases. Especially in Nordr, this problem arises daily. When stuck on the ice patches, you cannot charge Juggernaut to release yourself. Nor can you cleanse the snare ailment from the ice elemental's AE snare within CC/Olt/Valheim. Very frustrating and should be looked at by Devs.
    The issue of having to use juggernaut before is exactly why it is difficult to use in practice. In theory it sounds great but its hard to predict when to use. And on account of a low effect time and long cool down its not a very reliable in combat, where a small miss charge/preemptive use wastes this skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    The issue of having to use juggernaut before is exactly why it is difficult to use in practice. In theory it sounds great but its hard to predict when to use. And on account of a low effect time and long cool down its not a very reliable in combat, where a small miss charge/preemptive use wastes this skill.
    Right. I agree with this completely when it comes to PvP. As for PvE, I think it's safe to say that none of these bosses are really unpredictable except for Bloodhammer's shell shock ability. So in that sense, using Juggernaut is very easy in PvE.

I also agree that the cool down is a major issue with this skill. However, when addressing this issue I think PvP's class balance takes precedence. If we could charge Juggernaut even while stunned in PvP, that might be a reasonable solution without tipping the PvP class balance scale too much towards warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Im using a hybrid build and its usefull:
    All str
    Use ss 4/5 leave the mana gain
    Use cs 2/5 choose staggering blow
    Use horn of renew 3/5 increased duration and protective shield
    Use vb full
    Passives full might /full dmg/full agility/3 knowledge/3 armor or 3 crit
    And summon valkin.

U need a special tactic for this build ..which is :
    Hit ur target with ss(charged) - normal hit (charged)-sp hit (charged) - normal hit(charged)-ss hit (charged)-normal hit (charged) etc...
    In this way u will save mana and u dont need to wait other skills to regain ,no wasting time!.
    Have fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

As with every expansion new builds and strategies develop. Note: I am not being a hypocrit. My previous opinions were based off a lvl31 build; the following is based on lvl36, new maps, and new PvP conditions (for all classes).

This update the shuyal elite maps have been especially anoying. Heavy debuffs and stun lock has driven me insane. However, I have found ways around it.

Method A) use vixen to temporarilly seperate mobs, this keeps party alive but also slows time of running this map.

Method B) use juggernaut as a substitute for skyward strike when running maps with large pulls that always kill you. The long cool down is fine because you only need to use it on two or three pulls.

Additionally to take in account of the new PvP nerf on heal you do need juggernaut. Warrior heal will no longer bring you all the way to 100% when you are at say 20%. THIS IS ONLY FOR PVP DOESN'T AFFECT ELITE. Juggernaut is more like a secondary heal, and the damage reduction is nice. I have tried using axe throw but it is useless without skyward strike which offers a 3sec cool down.
    For both elite and PvP, vengeful blood and heal re must haves (in my book).
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 09-13-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    As with every expansion new builds andstrategies develop. Note: I am not being a hypocrit. My previous opinions were based off a lvl31 build; the following is based on lvl36, new maps, and new PvP conditions (for all classes).

This update the shuyal elite maps have been especially anoying. Heavy debuffs and stun lock has driven me insane. However, I have found ways around it.

Method A) use vixen to temporarilly seperate mobs, this keeps party alive but also slows time of running this map.

Method B) use juggernaut as a substitute for skyward strike when running maps with large pulls that always kill you. The long cool down is fine because you only need to use it on two or three pulls.

Additionally to take in account of the new PvP nerf on heal you do need juggernaut. Warrior heal will no longer bring you all the way to 100% when you are at say 20%. THIS IS ONLY FOR PVP DOESN'T AFFECT ELITE. Juggernaut is more like a secondary heal, and the damage reduction is nice. I have tried using axe throw but it is useless without skyward strike which offers a 3sec cool down.
    For both elite and PvP, vengeful blood and heal re must haves (in my book).
    Like I said, I would try Rally Cry when respecs are free. I tried it, and I love it. I didn't drop VB, but I only use that at bosses. RC is for mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Like I said, I would try Rally Cry when respecs are free. I tried it, and I love it. I didn't drop VB, but I only use that at bosses. RC is for mobs.
    It is free respec and I have tried rally cry. Its fantastic (in regular maps, on mobs). It still doesn't cut it for elite mobs. Over time these percentage buffs will become more significant. Idk if any of you played in season two but it was hard to tell if mages or rouges had more dps, and warriors w/ vengeful blood were not nearly the damage dealing snails we are today. For now I'm voting no on rally cry (see you at level 41 rally cry )