Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juggernaut Worth Getting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Hi i think most know me as a sorc but 2weeks ago i went back to my old warrior and play as a TANK.
    keeping my team alive and to die last.

Atm the build with just Vengefull and Horn cant keep up rogues/sorc's dmg anymore even with feeble is applied.
    juggernaut realy helps alot.

(using 5skills)
    Skyward - vengefull - jugger - Horn (tanking)
    Skyward - Vengefull - Axe - horn ( alternate skill setup)

i can still kill through a lucky KS with Skyward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post

Atm the build with just Vengefull and Horn cant keep up rogues/sorc's dmg anymore even with feeble is applied.
    juggernaut realy helps alot
    lol dude, what u mean by this ^
    feeble eefect is good nd helps rogue nd mage not to b crit nd also ur best choice is to use AT as it will debuff armour as well as feeble nd can b thrown from far away (16m range). it also taunts. nd chance to stun.

jugg is best bt need sme improvements IMO.
    it should heal 50% of total.hp instead of 500.
    CD should be 30sec atleast as of mage arcne.shield. 20% incoming dmg blocking is quite confusing to me lol.
    does it acts like 20% dmg reduction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    feeble eefect is good nd helps rogue nd mage not to b crit nd also ur best choice is to use AT as it will debuff armour as well as feeble nd can b thrown from far away (16m range). it also taunts. nd chance to stun.

CD should be 30sec atleast as of mage arcne.shield. 20% incoming dmg blocking is quite confusing to me lol.
    Wtf you crazy???!!! 50% of your total health? Dude. Warrior aren't supposed to be immortal. It should maybe be 1/5 of your health at most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

It would be nice if it gives more hp as mage shield.
    And 30 sec cd would be really grateful.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Well, if it were to give 50% of your health, then its cooldown should stay the same amount. If it's 30 second cooldown and 50% heal, that's way too OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post

who is your warrior? lol
    its hard to survive tanking alone without juggernaut or maybe you play with 4 other tanks behind you?
    with juggernaut i can survive 1vs5 for 15secs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Well, if it were to give 50% of your health, then its cooldown should stay the same amount. If it's 30 second cooldown and 50% heal, that's way too OP.
    yep its too OP, and we all know that there are many warriors in game.
    i think lowering the cooldown might help a bit.
    Last edited by Cero; 07-26-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    yep its too OP, and we all know that there are many warriors in game.
    i think lowering the cooldown might help a bit.
    I'd really like to see Juggernaut change to a % of HP replenished, especially with L36 cap coming up in a week or two. Right now, it replenishes roughly 11% health for the average L31 warrior (4500 HP). Let's say we start seeing 5500 or 6000 HP warriors on an average basis during the expansion, now Juggernaut's healing ability now falls to 8-9% health.

I suggest the changes are to keep the CD the same but beef it up to 20-25%, maybe even throw in a +10 mana regen to the 15 second buff from Unstoppable. But if Juggernaut remains the same during season 5, I will most likely ditch it for something else at L36. Then Juggernaut will go from being one of the least popular skills to the absolute least popular skill.

EDIT: My math was wrong -_-. Fixed.
    Last edited by Taejo; 07-26-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Lowering its cooldown and adding +8-+10 mana would really help this skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

As a warrior I have found that having more than four skill more tactical than just dumping points in passive. Having windmill for mobs and then switching it for chest splitter at boss is more beneficial to the party than having passive Dex, or even damage. As for Juggernaut in theory its great, but in practice the absurdly long recharge makes it useless. The only time I have ever wanted juggernaut is wen soon elite oltgar, where u run past archers and snaggleteeth that freeze you; however spamming pots as just as effective. Therefore I wouldn't use juggernaut. As for Axe throw that skill is essential for PvP but not always best for pve. In my build I have considered replacing skyward strike for Axe throw, but the dash skill is always more valuable for pve. I don't believe there is a build that dominates both pve and PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    As a warrior I have found that having more than four skill more tactical than just dumping points in passive. Having windmill for mobs and then switching it for chest splitter at boss is more beneficial to the party than having passive Dex, or even damage. As for Juggernaut in theory its great, but in practice the absurdly long recharge makes it useless. The only time I have ever wanted juggernaut is wen soon elite oltgar, where u run past archers and snaggleteeth that freeze you; however spamming pots as just as effective. Therefore I wouldn't use juggernaut. As for Axe throw that skill is essential for PvP but not always best for pve. In my build I have considered replacing skyward strike for Axe throw, but the dash skill is always more valuable for pve. I don't believe there is a build that dominates both pve and PvP.
    When I was fighting Krunch with my Warrior, I found Juggernaut extremely useful. Krunch drops poisonous puddles like crazy, and standing in them can kill a lvl 15 in a matter of seconds. So, my normal build is CS - SS - VB - HoR. But at Krunch, because of all the puddles, CS would be hard to land without stepping in one. So I'd switch CS with Jugg because if I do end up stepping in a puddle by mistake, Jugg can help me quickly heal. But I'm thinking of dropping it next free respec weekend and trying out RC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

When I was fighting Krunch with my Warrior, I found Juggernaut extremely useful. Krunch drops poisonous puddles like crazy, and standing in them can kill a lvl 15 in a matter of seconds. So, my normal build is CS - SS - VB - HoR. But at Krunch, because of all the puddles, CS would be hard to land without stepping in one. So I'd switch CS with Jugg because if I do end up stepping in a puddle by mistake, Jugg can help me quickly heal. But I'm thinking of dropping it next free respec weekend and trying out RC.
    1) crunch is a level 17 boss. Obviously a level 15 struggled.
    2) don't step in puddles, he drops them in a pattern.
    3) I do mainly elite, rally cry is better than juggernaut only because it buffs whole team. Chest splitter sstops frostir's wide ranged freeze attack. Once you learn how to time your attacks, mages stop getting KOd. Juggernaut saves yourself, not party. Rally cry allies such a small buff I would only consider for the speed buff. And running fast doesn't help much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

1) crunch is a level 17 boss. Obviously a level 15 struggled.
    2) don't step in puddles, he drops them in a pattern.
    3) I do mainly elite, rally cry is better than juggernaut only because it buffs whole team. Chest splitter sstops frostir's wide ranged freeze attack. Once you learn how to time your attacks, mages stop getting KOd. Juggernaut saves yourself, not party. Rally cry allies such a small buff I would only consider for the speed buff. And running fast doesn't help much.
    Krunch isn't 17; I think he's either 15 or 16. Ann is 15. So how can Krunch be 17? Also I don't know this pattern. But thanks for RC advice I'd say maxed RC would help more. If it's something like elite Forest, I wouldn't kill every last mob. So running through it with high speed + high dodge can help not getting hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Krunch isn't 17; I think he's either 15 or 16. Ann is 15. So how can Krunch be 17? Also I don't know this pattern. But thanks for RC advice I'd say maxed RC would help more. If it's something like elite Forest, I wouldn't kill every last mob. So running through it with high speed + high dodge can help not getting hit.
    Been awhile since I've done that map, and I believe Anne is level 16. For running fast try Shiloh, and u don't need a dodge buff wen horn of renewal applies a shield. If the map is THAT hard that u need a dodge buff for the tank to run through the mages and rouge are going to die anyway and you were better off fighting through. And the dodge buff is pathetically small. I would get RC if it became a higher precentage, but since its so small its only plus is movement speed that is only good for harvesting low level maps (rooks hideot and nest).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

avoid poison pools.
    even d HoR 2sec shield doesnt block.
    and btw u only need sme good hp armour and lots of hp potions to stay alive during krunch fight.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I hope sts buff juggernaut either
    --> put status effect invulnerability while its effect is running (5-10secs invulnerability to status effect?)
    or
    --> a semi feeble effect? ( 5-10 secs no crit is a bit Op, right? So dont know bout this one)
    or
    --> shorten its CD time (current is at 45secs CD time right? How about 35secs?)
    or
    --> extend its effect (current is like 10 secs or 15secs?)
    or
    --> add a % health like +25% HP to be significant ( 25% of 4k is like only 1K so it is not OP)... But this is the least of what i would like it to be buffed..

Or anything somewhere in between those effects... It is a very tank oriented skill but a bit underwhelming at the moment .. I dont want it to be an OP skill just a little tweak for it to be more useful
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 08-02-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Been awhile since I've done that map, and I believe Anne is level 16. For running fast try Shiloh, and u don't need a dodge buff wen horn of renewal applies a shield. If the map is THAT hard that u need a dodge buff for the tank to run through the mages and rouge are going to die anyway and you were better off fighting through. And the dodge buff is pathetically small. I would get RC if it became a higher precentage, but since its so small its only plus is movement speed that is only good for harvesting low level maps (rooks hideot and nest).
    When you're under lvl 15 and first start DC outskirts, it says it's recommended for lvl 15. Therefore, Ann would be lvl 15. But whatever. It's something in that range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    --> put status effect invulnerability while its effect is running (5-10secs invulnerability to status effect?)
    or
    --> a semi feeble effect? ( 5-10 secs no crit is a bit Op, right? So dont know bout this one)
    or
    or
    or
    --> add a % health like +25% HP to be significant ( 25% of 4k is like only 1K so it is not OP)... But this is the least of what i would like it to be buffed..

Or anything somewhere in between those effects... It is a very tank oriented skill but a bit underwhelming at the moment .. I dont want it to be an OP skill just a little tweak for it to be more useful
    I'd want the third and fifth....would make it a lot more useful.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

mage having 2.5k hp and 300+ dmg (mythic mage eh) can heal almost 2k (charged version) every 15sec LOL.
    so y u all saying it will b OP if jug heals 50% hp (for 4.6k hp war, it will heal 2.3k) also one will hav a chance to cast only after 45sec.
    25% heal for 45sec CD is negligible.
    HoR is better bt it depends upon dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

This is already partially in place, although it seems inconstant with certain status effects. Against stun, it works just fine. Against snares/roots, it's very inconsistent and needs to be looked at by Devs.

Definitely a good idea, especially if they don't increase either the +500 amount healed or change it to a % next season.

Won't happen if the above change is implemented, obviously. I think 15 seconds is fair, compared to the other class' abilities. Anything beyond that is unbalanced in the bigger picture of the game.

This, along with fixing the inconsistencies of the status effect invulnerability, is what I would like to see the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajnikanth
    mage having 2.5k hp and 300+ dmg (mythic mage eh) can heal almost 2k (charged version) every 15sec LOL.
    so y u all saying it will b OP if jug heals 50% hp (for 4.6k hp war, it will heal 2.3k) also one will hav a chance to cast only after 45sec.
    25% heal for 45sec CD is negligible.
    HoR is better bt it depends upon dmg.
    50% is way OP. Juggernaut is not meant to be an excellent option for healing yourself. Rather, it's core attributes are short-term damage mitigation and movement impairing status effects invulnerability. Let's compare our options to the other classes. Sorcs get 1 type of heal (which is the most powerful in game) and a shield with 2 second invulnerability option. Sorcs, however, are the "squishiest" class in game. Rogues get 2 types of heals - HPacks which are semi-difficult to use and shadow piercer upgrade which is often times negligible - and no shield. They are the second "squishiest" class in game. Warriors (the class with the highest amount of HPs and armor), on the other hand, get 3 types of heals: Horn of Renewal which has the option for a 2 second invulnerability shield, Juggernaut's +500 heal, and Juggernaut's upgrade of a self-heal when you fall <25% health (which is amazing in PvP). EDIT: Doesn't VB heal as well? I don't know enough about it to explain it here. This, on top of the fact that we have a plethora of other damage mitigating abilities to choose from, gives us more fortitude and self-reliance for survival than any other class in the game. Of course, the smart warrior isn't going to choose all of these buffing skills and leave themselves with just 1 or zero attack skills. But you can see where warriors have more interesting options compared to Sorcs and Rogues, creating a rather decent balance among classes in my opinion.

When looking at skills you have to consider the balance among the three classes - both working together in PvE and against each other in PvP.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Vengeful Blood in last paragraph.
    Last edited by Taejo; 08-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

VB does heal. It heals both health and mana, though I don't get how it would heal health. In order for you to regen mana using VB, you have to be hit, which take away your health. But whenever I get hit by VB I see +[insert mana amount here] as well as +[insert health amount here].

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

This is already partially in place, although it seems inconstant with certain status effects. Against stun, it works just fine. Against snares/roots, it's very inconsistent and needs to be looked at by Devs.
    What juggy have is it supposed to take away status effect if used charged problem with it is you cant use any skill when you are stunned , it can only take away slow status effect , so might as well take that effect away and replaced em with a 5 secs status invulnerability none charged or 10secs status invulnerability for charged juggernaut... just my 2 cents