Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juggernaut Worth Getting?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvens View Post
    Hello all, I am new to the discussion board. I am playing AL for 2months now. I read discussion board, but never reply before.

But since your discussion is interesting, I wanna drop some of my experience too.

I am a warrior, full str, my skill set:
    SS; CS; JUG; HOR

I ussualy att boss or player in PVP with 2 skill continuously : SS to get close enemy, while my character jumping I charge the CS.

Sometimes if lucky, I can kill a horde of enemy just in 2 moves, or kill 2 people in PVP, (happened once)
    I got 3 once with an SS slam. It was kinda funny. It is all about the kill shot though.

How is your mana consumption though with that spec? Spamming SS and CS always eats the mana for me, specially with no VB. I have thought many times about getting rid of VB and 3 points in juggie. PvP only, I am not a fan of pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    How is your mana consumption though with that spec? Spamming SS and CS always eats the mana for me, specially with no VB. I have thought many times about getting rid of VB and 3 points in juggie. PvP only, I am not a fan of pve.
    My mana consumption is fine. it usually regen quite enough between battle.

To boost that mana, I use every item in my equipment with str+int items

and in addition for that, I preffer touse stormsword of potency, to boost mana and dps.

and i use pets that boost mana and damage.

While you mention VB, I was thinking about respec ing my character and including VB, that's why I read this article. How is the VB affecting our game play?

I myself, enjoying PVP or elite hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Doh! I agree then. you make about the 6th person I have agreed with since November. The other 5, I joined their guild and have not regretted it.
    I will take it as compliment. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Hmmm....now I'm thinking of dropping Juggernaut. I guess I'll just use my PvE build for PvP. Or I might use Juggernaut just in case like you do. Whatever. Thanks for your help guys!
    It's all up to you. Most of ppl use the set and have no problem. So you will be fine too.
    Honestly, if you are with good team, any skill works. Lol
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Honestly, if you are with good team, any skill works. Lol
    I am agree with this statement, nothing beat a good teamwork.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

My mana consumption is fine. it usually regen quite enough between battle.

To boost that mana, I use every item in my equipment with str+int items

and in addition for that, I preffer touse stormsword of potency, to boost mana and dps.

and i use pets that boost mana and damage.

While you mention VB, I was thinking about respecing my character and including VB, that's why I read this article. How is the VB affecting our game play?

I myself, enjoying PVP or elite hunt.

I use str/will so am pretty good on the mana. (one piece is str/dex but can easily switch it to str/int) Only time I run out of mana is when they run and I don't get shiloh out in time. Have you tried a 1v1 with another warrior without VB? If so did you run out at all? That would be one of my concern. Heck i will probably test it anyway.

I do know the one time I did test no VB it was when the changed all the warrior skills around. I tried so many specs that I can't remember how it went.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use str/will so am pretty good on the mana. (one piece is str/dex but can easily switch it to str/int) Only time I run out of mana is when they run and I don't get shiloh out in time. Have you tried a 1v1 with another warrior without VB? If so did you run out at all? That would be one of my concern. Heck i will probably test it anyway.

I do know the one time I did test no VB it was when the changed all the warrior skills around. I tried so many specs that I can't remember how it went.
    I havent got the chance to test it with other. Players that i know in game, usually just do quick hunt, elite or chest for 1 hour and then leave.

I really think I should respec my warrior, but I also wonder,... wil SPS raise the level cap? If they do,.. my re-spec ing would be useless.

I really want to test the juggernaut effect to. Maybe you or anyone else want to test it with me?

my IGN : Yuvens (AL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I use CS, SS, VB, HOR and JUGG.

I sometimes use cs ss jugg hor when I am with other warriors.(they fill my mana) just need to stick with other warriors always.
    But in 1on1, I do ran out of mana if opponent is good. Then I have to switch my pet to Nexus, no stun, hard to kill. (My mana is 1130 without pet)
    Maybe windmill would work better in stead of CS IMO.

And VB is a must-have for dmg and mana regen. For yourself and your team. Unless you use 3 attacks with good team.
    But I like using Jugg in some situations. So I recommend 5 skills if you really want Jugg.

Or have a good mage friend, or some warrior friends to play with.

Jugg alone is not a perfect skill. 500hp+20armor is not enough to bear rogue's AS. So better use it with VB which makes 1k hp.
    And as all you know CD is too long. Without VB you have nothing to do for 30 sec after jugg is gone.
    Hope STS make its cd to 30 sec.
    Last edited by Excuses; 06-15-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I have completely different build than most, its great for pvp and elite runs like arena bosses only) I use 5/5 at ( damage redection is awesome for boss, and at is deadly in pvp, if u pve a lot it sucks), cs (3/5) (feeble and +1 attack) pulling in than using cs is awesome in pvp...if u pve, sky/wind is best combo. ..I love cs cd time though...I also have horn 3/5, and 5/5 veng...I xhoose less armor and use two feeble attavks to combat rogues high crit....passives are 5/5 in str and dex. And 4/5 in damage....I do use glacian ehich makes mana issue non existant, ripmaw can help as well...if u use different pets put it in int
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I have completely different build than most, its great for pvp and elite runs like arena bosses only) I use 5/5 at ( damage redection is awesome for boss, and at is deadly in pvp, if u pve a lot it sucks), cs (3/5) (feeble and +1 attack) pulling in than using cs is awesome in pvp...if u pve, sky/wind is best combo. ..I love cs cd time though...I also have horn 3/5, and 5/5 veng...I xhoose less armor and use two feeble attavks to combat rogues high crit....passives are 5/5 in str and dex. And 4/5 in damage....I do use glacian ehich makes mana issue non existant, ripmaw can help as well...if u use different pets put it in int

@mstj, Syylent, Darko

I use the opportunity of free respec in this weekend and come out with surprising result.

I used to have : SS, CS, JUG, HOR

I traded JUG to VB as you guys all have suggested. And I also had 2points in agi (which is 10points of dex passive) and i switched it to dam.

Surprisingly I feel weaker in mobs PVE. my HP decrease fast even I have turn on VB (which grants around 1K HP)

ANd then I respec few more times and last build, I used 5might, 5dam, and 4agi. This last build, surprisingly has better deff and my HP reduction is not as fast as the previous build.

Any of you guys try the free respec? Please share

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I didn't have enough time to test that this weekend. At 21 I believe I would go 3/5 CS 4/5 AT 5/5 VB 3/5 HoR and 5 might passive. Next round of free respec if I stick around I will test it. I did test no VB and it was horrible even with mana regen pet. I thought about testing no HoR build but then met some tanks without HoR and they died so quickly. In 1v1s against them I never had to heal.

Yeah I know I am not end game.. too costly for me...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@mstj, Syylent, Darko

I use the opportunity of free respec in this weekend and come out with surprising result.

I used to have : SS, CS, JUG, HOR

I traded JUG to VB as you guys all have suggested. And I also had 2points in agi (which is 10points of dex passive) and i switched it to dam.

Surprisingly I feel weaker in mobs PVE. my HP decrease fast even I have turn on VB (which grants around 1K HP)

ANd then I respec few more times and last build, I used 5might, 5dam, and 4agi. This last build, surprisingly has better deff and my HP reduction is not as fast as the previous build.

Any of you guys try the free respec? Please share
    I tried Juggie.... Cooldown at 45 seconds is just too long.. I tried without VB... Lotsa mana issues even with flapjack or Rip. I currently am CS SS VB Hor... It is a rogue killer. It may take a while to kill a maxed one but the rogue won't kill you. The only thing with that is if they run, don't chase. I wanted to try what darko has... but that is a more 1v1 spec and generally I am 1v2 or 3. Need that extra AE for those. I have resigned myself to the fact I will only get kills in 1v1 or 1vX. AT SS kills much faster. CS SS just takes a little more time and some gear adjustments for mana.

I'd like to see a shorter cooldown on AT and a damage increase skill increase on CS. WM needs some work because of the issues I stated before. Juggie needs a much smaller cool down. Oh man and fix that glitch with HoR and other skills if they are almost fully charged and fail. I know other classes have this issue too. I would love to see a feeble component added to SS.

What is your mana? or do you use a ton of pots with that spec? I hardly ever venture outside of pvp, so I never use pots unless I am helping a friend lvl. I can SS CS Juggie HoR as a pure tank in pve. I would even drop CS SS for WM and grab the other horn skill Rally Cry for pure tank spec. You would never kill anything but would be a tank. I have other issues with pve too but will save those thoughts for another day.

My thoughts... again really wanted to try Darko's spec but just ran outta time. PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I've got AT-CS-VB-HoR at L16 and I'm getting AT-SS-VB-HoR at L21 soon. AT just looks like a must-have to me in the arena.

I never intend to use Jugg mainly because of the cooldown, but I'm curious to try SS-CS-VB-HoR .
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wowsome View Post
    I've got AT-CS-VB-HoR at L16 and I'm getting AT-SS-VB-HoR at L21 soon. AT just looks like a must-have to me in the arena.

I never intend to use Jugg mainly because of the cooldown, but I'm curious to try SS-CS-VB-HoR .
    I am loving the CS SS VB HoR at 21. I do miss AT... The amount of runners... err kiters... nah runners is amazing.. I have to use shiloh hazel flap or rip... Also I have run out of mana

I am really digging it... just hate the loss of AT. It also frees up an extra skill point at 21. Now if I could just get my hands on a pit sword of pot lvl 21 I'd be set.

I really thought I would spam too many skills and run out of mana. I do when I am at 400 mana and they kite (I miss too many times because of distance). At 530 mana it is easier to manage. At 700+ mana there is no issue.

Still I see no benefit of a 45 second skill. It is laughable. It should be a 15 seconds cooldown with a 10 second duration... Then we can be tankier.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I am loving the CS SS VB HoR at 21. I do miss AT... The amount of runners... err kiters... nah runners is amazing.. I have to use shiloh hazel flap or rip... Also I have run out of mana

I am really digging it... just hate the loss of AT. It also frees up an extra skill point at 21. Now if I could just get my hands on a pit sword of pot lvl 21 I'd be set.

I really thought I would spam too many skills and run out of mana. I do when I am at 400 mana and they kite (I miss too many times because of distance). At 530 mana it is easier to manage. At 700+ mana there is no issue.

Still I see no benefit of a 45 second skill. It is laughable. It should be a 15 seconds cooldown with a 10 second duration... Then we can be tankier.
    Agreed, the cool down is terrible. However, the lasting effect (free of stuns, roots, snares + heal if <25%) is actually 15 seconds if I'm not mistaken. Check your buffs next time you try it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Gotta agree jus a bit of lesser cd on juggernaut will help us warriors since we are tanks why not just promote this skill even@35secs 15sec duration will help this skill a lot!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Agreed, the cool down is terrible. However, the lasting effect (free of stuns, roots, snares + heal if <25%) is actually 15 seconds if I'm not mistaken. Check your buffs next time you try it.

I think you are correct. It has been a long time since I tried it. 45 second timer.. Imagine if Rogues AS was on a 45 second timer... I won't even consider it the way it is until it is under 30 seconds. What other skill in the game has 30 second interval in between charges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Don't forget about Juggernaut's upgrade "Second wind", which has a 50% chance to cast a self-heal (your health raises to ~30%) if you fall below 25% hp. It's good because i tested it and noticed that if you fall below 25% hp, you have a big chance of self-heal with EVERY hit or DoT (PvP is full of different DoT's, so there is np). If you aren't lucky and got 5v1 you can survive for all these 15 seconds and even kill a mage or weak rogue during the effect of Jug. But rogue's AS or mage's Thunderbolt can still kill you because it damages you at more than 25% hp if it crits. It's also good in 1v1 because you can cast it at 30-40% hp and stay alive due to "Second wind" upgrade. If you use AT+CS, you apply Feeble a lot so there won't be many crits...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Nothing is right or wrong.
    Some could argue to that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Don't forget about Juggernaut's upgrade "Second wind", which has a 50% chance to cast a self-heal (your health raises to ~30%) if you fall below 25% hp. It's good because i tested it and noticed that if you fall below 25% hp, you have a big chance of self-heal with EVERY hit or DoT (PvP is full of different DoT's, so there is np). If you aren't lucky and got 5v1 you can survive for all these 15 seconds and even kill a mage or weak rogue during the effect of Jug. But rogue's AS or mage's Thunderbolt can still kill you because it damages you at more than 25% hp if it crits. It's also good in 1v1 because you can cast it at 30-40% hp and stay alive due to "Second wind" upgrade. If you use AT+CS, you apply Feeble a lot so there won't be many crits...
    50% chance? i dnt believe in luck.
    nd btw VB+HoR heal combo is unbeatable.
    jugg is pffffttt without mythic sword or 1400+ armour.

jst use this combo in pvp:
    vb+HoR+AT+WM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

My favorite elite build, you never lose aggro and still deal decent damage.

Windmill-4/5 no snare
    Skyward smash-4/5 no mana return
    Chest splitter-no relentless strike, no decimation
    Horn of renew-maxed
    5/5 might, 5/5 dex passive, rest in armor passive

You have 2 taunts, along with chest splitter and skyward smash which also taunt a lot.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.