Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How rude!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhaucakieeIsDead View Post
    One thing I dont understand is that when someone selling something and you ask how much in which they respond with "offer" what are they hoping is said? For example today i seen some guy spamming selling this and that in which I ask how much? Ok? And he responds with "offer" so I make an offer, a slightly lowball-ish offer (400k below cs on 2 mil item) and he responds with "bye". Now my question is (bare in mind item is 2m on cs) what are these ppl hoping for me to say? Ill pay 2.1? I just dont get it. Isnt it easier to just counter? My problem is I was raised to be respectful with manners. And they say that people reveal there true selves in the form of fantasy characters. If this is true, is our world screwed? Because this is very common. Sry for the rant but seeing this type of behavior and attitude really irritates me. You can tell me to toughen up, but this is really disappointing.
    I've experienced this as well. One guy even got upset simply because I was curious about his item when I actually didn't intend to buy it. Some people are just, like you said, rude. You're right when you see people's true colors comes out in fantasy characters. I know I've said some things that I would never say in "real life" which I regret, and I'm sure many others can say the same. I guess it's just one of those things. Hang in there, man! There's annoying people everywhere (lots of times due to their extremely young ages) so just try and lead by example! Oftentimes, they catch on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    End of the day, it's his item he's selling, he shouldn't have to give a price.
    It's a free country, and obviously people can do what they want, but it doesn't work like this in the real world though. It's almost always the seller's responsibility to set the starting point. Even in situations where negotiation is expected, like with cars and houses, there's an asking price. You walk into any store, and there are price tags. It's not like "hey, how much is this candy bar?" and the guy says "offer."

But yeah, I don't so much care about that, but more about the seller's reaction to an offer. The seller in the original post clearly had a target number in head, and to simply reply with "bye" instead of just saying the number or trying to negotiate toward it is just a waste of his own time. He trolled himself.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Z

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I always always always highball when selling and lowball when buy. Expecting the whole time that the right price will be met in the middle somewhere. If the people won't negotiate, then I just stop talking to them.

You don't want to start your negotions from the wrong place.

I get what you're saying though. Especially people that expect to sell their 1 or 2M item for 10-20k below CS. If you want prices that close, you better just list it. If I'm buying from someone that doesn't want to pay a listing fee, they better give a little discount. Otherwise, I'm content paying more to someone that was actually willing to list it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Personally, when I am buying an item and they tell me to offer, I say "I don't offer, price?" and that usually gets a price out of them. I only counter offer because if they were to tell me a price, it may be lower than what my offer would've been. When Im selling I usually just give a price and tell them its negotiable. My suggestion to you Zhau is to just refuse to offer and see where it gets you.

This signature was made by Suntv (Thanks!)