Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone From China on The Forum Here !?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    MMOs are legal in China.... there is a MMO on the app store which is much like PL... Its on the top free list. China MMOs are also online on the web and mostly free but in game purchasing, thats the trend in the East. Im from Hong Kong... and 30mins away from the border... so I know.

That dude perhaps just didnt want to listen or very well might not understand.. but seeing how he's lvl 47 up, he's done good for not knowing english dont you think?
    Thx for clearing tht up.

Umm I dun listen when myna prods tell me what to do either o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MMOs are legal in China.... there is a MMO on the app store which is much like PL... Its on the top free list. China MMOs are also online on the web and mostly free but in game purchasing, thats the trend in the East. Im from Hong Kong... and 30mins away from the border... so I know.

That dude perhaps just didnt want to listen or very well might not understand.. but seeing how he's lvl 47 up, he's done good for not knowing english dont you think?
    a trained monkey can play pl right up to AO3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ummm not to be rascist or wtf ever u wanna twist it into, but are mmos even LEGAL in china? I mean.. u never see anyone on xbl from china....i dun think.
    That is a joke right? One of the highest wait you say the highest addiction rate to computers and the things that go with computers in the world, and yes that country is china. Sc2, well that my be a korean game, but still... Ten bucks one of the highest rank RS players is asian x) Anyways FOO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Umm one of the top ten gold farmers u mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HS, rs!...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

lul... this is in HS, and mine

oldish pic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like your the dumb-jock RS type x)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Only diff is im now 80 hp, 84 range, 65 dungeoun... Aaaaaaaaand... here, youtube, rawktopink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RS, failcakes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Inching - the story teller!! alright. Ur right the little dude did make it to 47 (I think he was lvl 49) - but that's the easy part! He was with us killing minions right up to the boss rooms splits - Mynas King and Alien boss (AO3). Which is what made the Boot all the more painful. I would think!!

And the assumption is that it's happening to the dude often enough. The in-game chat or communication between the other 4 players seemed to be fine. In this instance. No casual talk, just your basic - fall back, rez plz, thnks, not Mynas, kill minions first. . . ect. Again - Yanwong just didnt seem to follow that - maybe he wasn't paying attention - maybe it was a language issue.

In the earlier lvl's this may not have been such a big deal. But with AO3 I just figured someone who is running about heedless might do better if they had someone lead them through a couple of campaigns. Someone they can basically communicate with. Basically - as in on a basic level - just so we are clear on why the word is being use comprehensively. No philosophy as such. Just plain and simple - 'if group is not go to mynas chamber.' 'Then you wait and follow other way.' Before kill boss - kill minion first. That sort of thing.

All may seem obvious to people who have been playing MMO's before - but since the floor is open to assumptions - mine is that this kid hasn't. If he has and he's good - I'd be alright with the fact that he may be better than me.

At the end of the day I wouldn't go with implementation of keyboards. Have No intentions of building the Alterren tower of Bable - or perhaps I do. . . .But perhaps your own in-game help screen can have more language options. That would be a good place to start. I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my friend,from chinese,use xxn in his back names.... We all same,helping each otherWE ALL THE WORLD,WE ALL THE CHIDREN,like Michael Jackson songs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There are lots of Chinese players. A few of them do not speak great English but they speak more than enough for the game. And they are very nice, great players in general. Actually I've met lots of nationalities, some speaking better English than others. They are all pretty cool people. When someone asks where I'm from, I always start w/ U.S. because quite frequently, they're from a different country.

It would be nice if someone sees this guy to see if he can be helped. It's possible he's just a bad player, but it doesn't hurt anyone to try to find out. The reason I'm not sure whether just English is the issue is because of his level and because he should know better than to rush about by now, particularly if he doesn't know how it's usually done. You usually follow the lead of whoever seems to know what they're doing. Maybe he thought you guys were a shadows-xp group, not a totems group...? And he wasn't paying attention.

BTW, clearing shadows is pretty easy. I've followed people who rush in and help wipe the shadows (gather in a few spots, all clean), and then go after aliens. Usually they follow.

Just a thought.