Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-06-13 Content Update (122953)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    I'm not sure. These achievements are meant to be very hard. They used to be harder during internal testing but I felt bad. The fact that some players have managed to complete it already makes me feel like I should keep it this way. I believe several of the players that are trying hard would have been able to complete it, if my description on the achievement hadn't been so crappy that it wasn't clear that none of you can get hit.

For now, I will update the description. If in a few days time if barely anyone can complete the achievement, I might change it to be individual but that makes it very easy, imo.
    Wouldn't this be unfair for the people who already have it and spent a lot of platinum to get it? IMHO, this is what make guild comradeship stronger. Also, and again this is just my opinion, this is a good way for people who want to be on LB without having to loot Arcane or Mythic. Find a good friend or a good guild.... Work for it.... I'm just saying

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Haowesie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Took me about 15 hours of playing and 400 or more plat to get all the new achievements as a squishy sorcerer who maybe uses plat revive a little too much. Child's Play was the last one I got. It took a long time for that little bugger to spawn. Halloween possible if you use a few tricks and maybe play with a smaller party with less people to mess things up (actually when working hard for it I did it twice in about one hour for both me and my friend - I did not get it with my friend the first time when I died and used plat revive). Just letting anyone who is going for all the achievements know what it may take to complete. Anyone else care to share what it took them to get all the achievements so people get a good sense of what it takes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Took me about 15 hours of playing and 400 or more plat to get all the new achievements as a squishy sorcerer who maybe uses plat revive a little too much. Child's Play was the last one I got. It took a long time for that little bugger to spawn. Halloween possible if you use a few tricks and maybe play with a smaller party with less people to mess things up (actually when working hard for it I did it twice in about one hour for both me and my friend - I did not get it with my friend the first time when I died and used plat revive). Just letting anyone who is going for all the achievements know what it may take to complete. Anyone else care to share what it took them to get all the achievements so people get a good sense of what it takes?
    Hey!

maybe helpful if you say what it took to achieve them? Hours and plat spend would variate (greatly) depending on what bosses you get, with which environment (smoke, spiders, pumpkins) and what team you play with and many many other things.

Some tips I can give (though playing them is a whole different matter):
    - for spiders and pumpkins it seems staying near the lanterns works to spawn considerably less of them
    - the smoke has spots in between you can stand in, walk or stand in these 'corridors'
    - for the tower of mardom boss (forgot the name now) its very handy to have a tank that bubbles the team when he shoots out fire balls
    - remember Bloodhammer heals whenever you get hit from his crit attack (eg the red cone in front of him) and pots you use near him

Just sharing my view!
    tc all,
    Osa
    Last edited by Osahete; 06-17-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: got my head straight again :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I haven't even been in the new dungeon yet (not even once), but I say keep the achievements hard. We need some hard achievements that not everyone is able to complete in 2 days. Otherwise the leaderboards become a joke as everyone has all achievements and is bunched up at the top.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I haven't even been in the new dungeon yet (not even once), but I say keep the achievements hard. We need some hard achievements that not everyone is able to complete in 2 days. Otherwise the leaderboards become a joke as everyone has all achievements and is bunched up at the top.
    I agree 100%, an achievment is just that.....you achieved something, not handed to you easily.....only difference right nowon lb is whether you jave arcane or not, and maybe flags....
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Osahete View Post
    Hey!

maybe helpful if you actually say what it took to achieve them? Al you really say is the hours and plat you spend! which would variate (greatly) depending on what bosses you get, with which environment (smoke, spiders, pumpkins) and what team you play with and many many other things.

More to the point would be:
    - for spiders and pumpkins it seems staying near the lanterns works to spawn considerably less of them
    - the smoke has spots in between you can stand in, walk or stand in these 'corridors'
    - for the tower of mardom boss (forgot the name now) its very handy to have a tank that bubbles the team when he shoots out fire balls
    - remember Bloodhammer heals whenever you get hit from his crit attack (eg the red cone in front of him) and pots you use near him

This imao, is information people actually have some use for, just my view tho!

It seems people are very reluctant to share this kind of info, why i'm not sure... (I have an idea, but I don't wanna step on anybody's toes, so i won't mention it here).

tc all,
    Osa
    People don't want to share their secrets with the whole al world. Although I wish I could say I was different, it took me hours and lots of plats to figure out a few things. I usually pretty freely share things like this with my close friends, but I do not want to share all the tricks with everyone. This would ruin the achievement for everyone who has already gotten them (and yes their leaderboard positions) and for those who want to figure it out for themselves.

Also I was just posting what it took me to get the achievements because I think there is a debate on whether or not they should be changed and made easier. I think if there is more information out there in terms of how many people have got the achievement and what it took (it terms of time and money) to get them, then people can come to a more informed decision on what should be done. Why you got to hate on that? I am just trying to be helpful to the community. I am sorry if you don't really find that helpful.

But yes, general suggestions are good, especially for my blue friends out there:

Don't have a full damage build. Run with something that has about 3000 health and over 800 armor, and if you have orion, use him. This will save you a lot of deaths. Otherwise you will get one shotted way too often.

Crystal: when you get the crystal following you, run in a large circle on the edges of the arena avoiding your teammates and the boss leaving a trail of the spawned crystals behind you. This is tough for a mage who is squishy and slow and who will often die with the crystal as you cannot pierce or do skyward to get away from the crystals that spawn behind you. Yet, if you have a speed elixer or a pet with a speed boost, this will more often then not succeed until you get rid of the crystal. You just have to be paying attention to who has the crystal and when you gain possession of it as you got to start running immediately. Also if there are people who have died waiting on the other side of the gate, if they stand close enough the crystal will occasionally spawn on them sparing everyone else still fighting the boss.

Maybe more later...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sooo Annoyed & Frustrated! We played for 15hours today & at least 10 of them were in the arena. Replacement didn't spawn once!!! We even tried summoning boss & leave/disband/reassemble/re-enter & he still didnt show! What Gives!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Hey!

maybe helpful if you actually say what it took to achieve them? Al you really say is the hours and plat you spend! which would variate (greatly) depending on what bosses you get, with which environment (smoke, spiders, pumpkins) and what team you play with and many many other things.

More to the point would be:

This imao, is information people actually have some use for, just my view tho!

It seems people are very reluctant to share this kind of info, why i'm not sure... (I have an idea, but I don't wanna step on anybody's toes, so i won't mention it here).

tc all,
    Osa
    Man. Tough crowd. No need to be rude.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

I will tell about update as i always do...

1. Why bosses don't count elite archenemies achievments? Like i killed bloodhammer without deaths and didn't recive ach...

2. Too low chance at "Child's Play" ach... I will be an old man when i got it...

3. Spelling issues like citate.
    "Battle begins in 15
    1"

Ehkhmm..

4. Why only noble items drops on that arena? No chests or eggs?

5. Clever improvement.

Thats all
    Roth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    keep it pls, this reminds me of elite bael's achievement one of the toughest AP to get during 16cap.
    that when you die, you wont get the achievement .........before it was changed.
    Why keep it Cero? If I am in a party and I don't get hit why shouldn't I get the achievement. Is it because Mages will likely be hit? Or is it because the more people prevented from getting the achievement its less likely they will surpass you in points. Don't worry about it most people won't be able to get arcane items etc. too costly so at least you are a step ahead. The game should be fun give us a break. If I don't get hit then give me the achieve.....The thing seems to be already hard as it is........ At one point AL had it that if you did not kill the elite boss when in a party the achieve was only given to the one that did. They changed it. I did not cry and say everyone will be now getting achieves.... I just moved on.... Why should this be any different. If I didn't die or spent plats without getting hit and eventually kill the boss. Why not?

Please don't squeal to put others at a disadvantage......

Buying arcane items from the auctions now gives one the achieve....

By the way I live in Ontario and if you protest I will come and find you with a skyward smash... lol.
    Last edited by Oraceanid; 06-17-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I agree 100%, an achievment is just that.....you achieved something, not handed to you easily.....only difference right nowon lb is whether you jave arcane or not, and maybe flags....
    Darkko

Remember you can always buy from the stable without doing a thing...So the term achievement at this moment is kinda blurred/ambiguous.......I guess it has always been. Please say you agree.. I know you do...
    Last edited by Oraceanid; 06-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I did all achievements solo without the use of plat or elixirs.
    Don't expect to walk in spam skills and get these achievements because they do require strategy (ex. certain skill builds, gear, pets, etc).

I think anyone with decent gear can get these done w/o the need for plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    People don't want to share their secrets with the whole al world. Although I wish I could say I was different, it took me hours and lots of plats to figure out a few things. I usually pretty freely share things like this with my close friends, but I do not want to share all the tricks with everyone. This would ruin the achievement for everyone who has already gotten them (and yes their leaderboard positions) and for those who want to figure it out for themselves.

Also I was just posting what it took me to get the achievements because I think there is a debate on whether or not they should be changed and made easier. I think if there is more information out there in terms of how many people have got the achievement and what it took (it terms of time and money) to get them, then people can come to a more informed decision on what should be done. Why you got to hate on that? I am just trying to be helpful to the community. I am sorry if you don't really find that helpful.
    Hey Grimmy,

i'm sorry if i came out a bit strong... i was frustrated after almost two full days in the arena with only the 'childs play' achievement to prove it. And i have been asking around for help, which i got some from friends..

I tried looking on the forum for tips and saw posts like 'there is a trick but im not gonna say what' and yes that rubbed me the wrong way after so many deaths and pots...

And you were the unlucky victim of my frustration :P sorry bro

Thanks tho for the tip on the crystal, much appreciated ^.^

And i also like a good challenge, but I'm also someone who shares some tips But I see your point of figuring it out yourself... (which, for some part was kinda fun, till it wasn't anymore, hence my search here and later posting the tips i did get and found out with my teams). But even with these tips I haven't succeeded, so in the end the challenge stands...

Good luck all and have fun!
    tc,
    Osa

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Osahete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Man. Tough crowd. No need to be rude.
    :P frustrations running high.... sorry guys ^.^ no pun and no offence at all intended, honestly I just need to remember to breathe... its just a game phewwww (better now o.O )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Hey Grimmy,

i'm sorry if i came out a bit strong... i was frustrated after almost two full days in the arena with only the 'childs play' achievement to prove it. And i have been asking around for help, which i got some from friends..

I tried looking on the forum for tips and saw posts like 'there is a trick but im not gonna say what' and yes that rubbed me the wrong way after so many deaths and pots...

And you were the unlucky victim of my frustration :P sorry bro

Thanks tho for the tip on the crystal, much appreciated ^.^

And i also like a good challenge, but I'm also someone who shares some tips But I see your point of figuring it out yourself... (which, for some part was kinda fun, till it wasn't anymore, hence my search here and later posting the tips i did get and found out with my teams). But even with these tips I haven't succeeded, so in the end the challenge stands...

Good luck all and have fun!
    tc,
    Osa
    Thanks. Don't worry. No hard feelings. I can understand your frustration, as I was feeling the same way for a long time. Just check out one of my posts earlier in this thread. This is why I wanted people to have a realistic perspective of what it will take to get these achievements. Although I have to admit that I also had the help of some of the best farmers in the game, all with top equipment making things a little easier for me than for most. Although I think I am pretty much done with the arena for now, if you need any help feel free to hit me up in game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Any screenshot of that "Challenger" so we can know what his true form :/ i know its a mini version of stahl but still wanna see it thanks. His like mythic and arcane in a locked crates that need to open up hundreds just to saw him XD.
    (Last AP to get)