Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DL PvP CTF Tournament

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Might as well just make a guild match outside of the tourney if you're gonna come up with your own time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    You know, I really like how all of you are rescheduling just so you can get all your main players in the tourney. Don't you appreciate all the crap that Ax went through, all the math, the thinking, it took her to come up with this? Can't you be a little more considerate? It's just for fun, let your backups play. Rescheduling just causes her to have to change and keep track of more. I understand the problem with Zeit as they are furthest from any time but so many people rescheduling now because they did? :/
    I appreciate what you're saying Iti.

In the case of Dark Legendz and Madhouse, they agreed between themselves for a time that would not disturb any other matches, so I had no problem changing the time.

With Zeitgeist, it seems the GMTs were different than I thought, so I had to change several matches (domino effect) in order to improve things for them, as they had several players in completely different GMTs than I first assumed.

As for AOTA, like I said to Flare, if I can change it to a time that will neither disturb other matches or be bad for the opposing team, I'll try to do so. But yeah in most matches GMT difference makes options limited. I agree with what you say, I'm sure AOTA has backups to replace players who will be unavailable.

In any case, I did ask everyone if they have a problem with the time to post it here. The reason I did, is because with some guilds (Zeitgeist, IX, Scorched, AOTA), I don't know the exact GMTs of all the players, so I'm just guessing based on the preferred time or the GMTs I happen to know. That might cause problems (like it did with Zeit). I asked for individual GMTs during signup for that reason.

But yeah I agree with you, the purpose of the tournament is to have fun so all guilds should include as many players as they can. Don't get just your best players to play. Give your backups the chance to play as well!
    Last edited by Anyanka; 06-26-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Itisi,
    I am quite surprised to hear from somebody who is not even participating in the tournament.
    To address your ranting, we are individuals with real jobs and a life outside the game.
    That counts for me most of my guild mates.
    In terms of back ups, most of our "back ups" are not listed as so due to a lack of being skillful, it's mainly based on availability and the desire to play. So it's not like our "starters" are our best five.
    In all honesty,Itisi, you should not be even talking here as your initial posts on this thread suggested that you would be co ordinating a team to come up with to be able to participate in this tournament, which clearly you have failed to do.
    With regard to Axania, I think she already knows how appreciative our entire guild is for coming up with this idea and taking the time to co ordinate matches.
    At the end of the day it is up to the teams and the guild members to decide what works best for them, and if the organizer of the tournament is in agreement everybody else should just mind their own business.
    Thank you.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arafrel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itisi View Post
    Might as well just make a guild match outside of the tourney if you're gonna come up with your own time.
    I see nothing wrong with us talking amongst ourselves to come up with a better time that worked for all included in both guilds without harassing Axania about how the original date and time wouldn't work for us. I think the way we went about it was easier for everyone. Sorry you disapprove of us finding a time that works best for us both. And thank you Axania for allowing us to reschedule our match. Smh.
    Last edited by Geokia; 06-27-2013 at 02:33 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Geokia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arafrel View Post
    Itisi,
    I am quite surprised to hear from somebody who is not even participating in the tournament.
    To address your ranting, we are individuals with real jobs and a life outside the game.
    That counts for me most of my guild mates.
    In terms of back ups, most of our "back ups" are not listed as so due to a lack of being skillful, it's mainly based on availability and the desire to play. So it's not like our "starters" are our best five.
    In all honesty,Itisi, you should not be even talking here as your initial posts on this thread suggested that you would be co ordinating a team to come up with to be able to participate in this tournament, which clearly you have failed to do.
    With regard to Axania, I think she already knows how appreciative our entire guild is for coming up with this idea and taking the time to co ordinate matches.
    At the end of the day it is up to the teams and the guild members to decide what works best for them, and if the organizer of the tournament is in agreement everybody else should just mind their own business.
    Thank you.
    Thanks I admit organizing the matches is a bit of a headache but I knew that when I decided to run this tourney so I don't mind doing it.

Again, to be absolutely clear. I understand that it is possible that my times may not work for some guilds. That's why I said to post here and discuss it. The easiest thing a guild can do is communicate with their opponents, set up a time that doesn't effect other matches, and let me know. Otherwise, I'll try to find an alternative that doesn't effect other matches. I do want to avoid the scenario where I have to change the times of many matches. If that isn't the case, I don't have a problem changing a time to something that is better for you.

I'm sure Itisi was just saying that guilds shouldn't try to re-arrange matches just because their main team can't play, even though backups are available. I agree with him on that, because that's the whole point of having backups! So they can replace team members that aren't available. If however your backups aren't available either, or you think there is a chance you might end up with less than 5 players, then of course you should try to re-arrange the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Geokia View Post
    I see nothing wrong with us talking amongst ourselves to come up with a better time that worked for all included in both guilds without harassing Axania about how the original date and time wouldn't work for us. I think the way we went about it was easier for everyone. Sorry you disapprove of us finding a time that works best for us both. And thank you Axania for allowing us to reschedule our match. Smh.
    Like I said, if two guilds come up with a better time that doesn't effect other matches (like you and MH did), I have absolutely no problem changing the time So no problem lol

Anyway let's end this discussion here. If I can change times without screwing others up, I'm glad to do it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Axania, thank you for all your efforts in making this tournament happen and making it enjoyable at the same time. Also, thank you for the rescheduling. Hope it did not cause any problems. Dark Legendz and The Madhouse have come up and agreed on those times. Did not know some would be unhappy about the rescheduling. (Geo, we will meet this Friday *evil laugh* lol )

Anyway, thanks again for this lil bit of excitement in DL Axania. Reminds us of why we love the game. Cheers!

Tatya xo

"They never let me go, scars are left as proof, but tears they soak on through"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatya For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatya View Post
    Axania, thank you for all your efforts in making this tournament happen and making it enjoyable at the same time. Also, thank you for the rescheduling. Hope it did not cause any problems. Dark Legendz and The Madhouse have come up and agreed on those times. Did not know some would be unhappy about the rescheduling. (Geo, we will meet this Friday *evil laugh* lol )

Anyway, thanks again for this lil bit of excitement in DL Axania. Reminds us of why we love the game. Cheers!

Tatya xo
    Nope, it wasn't a problem at all!

You're welcome

I think I'll start taking bets now. 10-1 against Madhouse!

*psss Tatya, lose on purpose and we'll split the winnings :P*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatya View Post
    (Geo, we will meet this Friday *evil laugh* lol )
    I am working on my "Give Tatya crap red ping" hack because clearly it is not working. I've played against you several times and you def were not red pinging it I'm also trying to implement a "zombies only harass and explode on MH" feature into this hack. Again, my luck is that I will get red ping and only I will suffer from 3593 deaths by zombie explosions. I gotta stop playing around with them so much I guess. Regardless I am looking forward to our match and wish us all the best of luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok i am reading this thread now for several days and first of all i have to say thx to ax for her patience and devotion for this tournament
    second i wanna make some things clear, which arent in the right light imo
    ax sheduled our first match against scorched on a date, where all zeitgeist players where online and fielded a complete team - without any timezone problems
    due to for me unknown reasons scorched couldnt do that - one thing is for sure it was not because of timezone problems, cause more than 5 players were standing in street at the time we should play
    so the logical consequence was to reshedule the match and scorched used their wildcard
    but what i dont get, why is zeitgeist "guilty" of having timezone problems, when they want to play the resheduled game on the exact same time the first match would have been held only a week later?
    no offense - just lack of understanding
    oAo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deadAluz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

if that is possible, I wanna add Zombiees as backup! for 8bit . Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I see a valid point on both sides of this rescheduling / back up issue. I'm not gonna voice my thoughts. We are having fun and I'm sure if a new ctf tourny comes along issues like this won't happen. Thanx again to Axania for her hard work in organizing this tourny.

GM- Machines of Hate
    DL: Castdown - Castper - Dyingfetus
    AL: Castdown - Casteddown - Castela

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deadAluz View Post
    ok i am reading this thread now for several days and first of all i have to say thx to ax for her patience and devotion for this tournament
    second i wanna make some things clear, which arent in the right light imo
    ax sheduled our first match against scorched on a date, where all zeitgeist players where online and fielded a complete team - without any timezone problems
    due to for me unknown reasons scorched couldnt do that - one thing is for sure it was not because of timezone problems, cause more than 5 players were standing in street at the time we should play
    so the logical consequence was to reshedule the match and scorched used their wildcard
    but what i dont get, why is zeitgeist "guilty" of having timezone problems, when they want to play the resheduled game on the exact same time the first match would have been held only a week later?
    no offense - just lack of understanding
    oAo
    Sorry deadaluz I should have clarified that I'm not referring to the match with scorched. It's just that because of the scorched rescheduling I found out that your team has gmts like +2 and +6 and not mostly +8 like I first assumed. So I had to change the times of the matches I arranged for this weekend as to avoid times like 3 am for you lol

I know it was scorched who refused to play even though they had 5 players available. I am in no way blaming zeit for the postponement.

In any case I'm not 'blaming' you for anything I'm simply saying if I had individual GMTs I could have avoided setting you up in the middle of the night lol
    Last edited by Anyanka; 06-27-2013 at 05:28 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lorree View Post
    if that is possible, I wanna add Zombiees as backup! for 8bit . Thank you!
    Sorry, but as I said no more backups can be added anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyanka View Post
    Please Post the time we can play the match
    We can say at 8pm Saturday 29th, GMT 0, both 8 Bit and AOTA are able to play in.
    That is -4 gmt 4 pm and +3 gmt 11pm.
    (+10 gmt 6 am sun)
    DL 36 ... Qingstana (qing>Flareblitz>Gilgameshqing), DL 35 Kingsan Crusadin', DL 22 Arkbringaqing My arse arse. (btw aka Twinker)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sick my duck vs. 8bit Name:  image.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  94.0 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  212.3 KBScorched Vs Zeitgeist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qingsanale1st View Post
    We can say at 8pm Saturday 29th, GMT 0, both 8 Bit and AOTA are able to play in.
    That is -4 gmt 4 pm and +3 gmt 11pm.
    (+10 gmt 6 am sun)
    Edited

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Due to an event of trash-talking from Scorched to Zeitgeist after their match I am forced to say this:

There is no room for acting like a spoiled 10 year old in this tournament. If you win, congratulations! Do so nicely without bragging, trash talking and insulting your opponents. Winning a match doesn't give you the right to try to rub it in the faces of the team who lost. The purpose of this tournament is to have fun, so play respectfully. Winning or losing doesn't really matter, as long as you enjoyed the game.

I sincerely hope something like this will not be repeated by any of the guilds in the tournament. If it is, there will be consequences. I came up with this tournament for players to have fun, not for them to ruin the fun of others.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ax, thank you for organizing this tourney. I know it's a pain in the butt to do so, but u did a really good job n make it so easy for us to know when to get on in different time zone!
    PL - Calz Lv.66 Mage / Calxxx Lv.65 Bird / Ubermind Lv.55 Bear
    DL - Calxxx Lv. 31

26. The Following User Says Thank You to calxxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

FINISHED GAME. [The Madhouse - Dark Legendz]
    Name:  mhvsdl.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  245.6 KB

† DL: Cleox. AL: Cleoxxx. †