Thread: a question from a newbie mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default a question from a newbie mage

Hi im a new in this class so I just want to ask does Timeshift is a must used skill in a boss fight? I know it's essential for crowd crontroll against mobs but what about against boss? is it effective?

Sorry for the noob question, its just that I dont wanna waste the free plats I have if I decided to add Frost on my arsenal & ending messing up.

My skills are (Lv16)

Fire
    Lightning
    Timeshift
    Heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I used Gaieje's build: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...el-Skill-Guide which is working well for me in farming and doing dailies. It also holds its own up in elite and non elite maps. I solo a majority of the non elite maps with this.

The problem with Timeshift is if you do not have a tank keeping the boss still then Timeshift is pretty much hard to cast on the boss since you're probably kiting him around if you're soloing. This would be where Lightning with heavy crits come into play.

But with Gaieje's build you don't have lightning but you do have Ice and Fire which is still very useful skills for soloing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I use Time Shift for both crowd control and for bosses. Charged time shift quickly followed by Ribbit's arcane works really well in tight areas like Kracken Mines. Although it is a little dodgy to get close enough to bosses it will continue to do damage after you are long gone. Don't bother using time shift on more mobile bosses either. I agree with above. If you are soloing you are better off with fire, ice, lightning. Run, run, run and stay at max range to maximize the time you have to escape red zones since you are the only target.

Although lightning does more damage, you will be more effective you trade lightning for ice. Ice is much more effective for crowd control. After you freeze one enemy move so that you can hit a different target. This way you can have a couple frozen at once that the group doesn't have to worry about. I run Fire, Ice, Time, Heal. I will switch either Time or Heal to lighning for bosses depending on the boss and the group.
    Last edited by Nesox; 06-18-2013 at 08:59 PM.