Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Gale Force Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Default Gale Force Changes

Upcoming Gale Force changes, thoughts?

• Normal Gale Force can now hit up to 6 enemies, instead of only 4
    • Charged Gale Force can now hit up to 8 enemies, instead of only 4
    • Protective Current now grants 50% extra Armor instead of 25% Dodge and lasts 4 seconds instead of 3
    • Speed of Wind upgrade will now make a non-charged Gale Force move the sorcerer backwards rapidly for a few seconds. Charged version will still give the 25% movement speed buff
    Last edited by Swede; 06-18-2013 at 05:41 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Interesting update. This, along with the arcane shield will make for some super tanky sorcerers!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

with lvl cap increasing and some skills being more useful i hope youre planning on making 5 skills buttons on screen instead of 4 =]

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Awesome! I like how you've added a "dash" type ability so now sorcs are on par agility-wise with the other classes. This definitely makes me want to include gale force in my build

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Lady_Pebbles

Hope we get some free respecs upon the new expansion release so we can test some stuff out. O.o

Edit: I like the descriptions so far. The change from dodge to armor is actually a good one. 50% armor for 4sec is way more useful than the dodge and quite frankly, very much more needed considering how squishy the Mages are.

Im curious about the Speed of Wind changes... when charged released, the toon is thrusted forward as the speed buff takes effect or is the speed buff in effect just after the thrust? Sounds like a better way to get out of a sticky situation.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 06-18-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post

[*]Speed of Wind upgrade will make a charged Gale Force move the sorcerer forwards rapidly for a few seconds, in addition to the 25% movement speed buff[/LIST]
    wanna know more about this tho, hope it helps us sorc to flag more

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savie View Post
    wanna know more about this tho, hope it helps us sorc to flag more
    Unlike the Warrior and Rogue 'dash' abilities, this one will not go for a target within range, but rather always go in the direction you're facing, so yes it should be very useful for flag running.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Overall, I think great changes. I have always liked gale and I think that some of these changes will make it more attractive to other players. I have also always wanted a dash type skill, and so I am excited about that addition, but I am a little worried about how it will affect my ability to manage a mob and stay on the edge of a mob rather than dashing into the mob to certain death. Think of it this way. You gather a huge mob, and clock it in place. You then sit from a distance and hit the mob with an aoe hailstorm. You then do a charged gale to increase your damage and armor with the attack but as a result dash forward into the mob opening yourself up to attack. Definitely not desireable. I personally like to use gale to push individual enemies at the edge of a mob into the mob and would not like dashing into the mob when I do this. I guess I could just use uncharged gale for this, but then I will hit less enemies, do less damage and not get the armor buff. We will just have to see how it works. It is a little hard to judge until it has been tested out.

Another suggestion. As a player who has used gale alot, I find the push sometimes unreliable. One thing I have figured out is that the push does not work on enemies that are stunned by fireball, so if I want to push a mob into position I have to wait for fireball stun to wear off. Was it designed this way? Also I find that mobs only really get pushed if they are in a certain sweet spot. If they are too close or too far they will not get pushed by the skill (this is withou the aoe upgrade). I can understand it having a range limitation, but I have never understood why enemies right next to you don't get pushed. Perhaps the cone of the area of effect it too narrow right in front of you so it often misses enemies right in front of you?
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 06-18-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Lady_Pebbles

Last i remembered, the AoE also works without the skill being charged so when you just tap it, it will target 6 (currently just 4) enemies. This way you can* still push mobs around for CC.

Edit: This way you can avoid the dash when charged or just make sure your toon is facing the other direction when charged. Have its back towards the mob so it dashes away from them while thhey are pushed into the desired direction? Gotta test it out when available. X.x

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 06-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Overall, I think great changes. I have always liked gale and I think that some of these changes will make it more attractive to other players. I have also always wanted a dash type skill, and so I am excited about that addition, but I am a little worried about how it will affect my ability to manage a mob and stay on the edge of a mob rather than dashing into the mob to certain death. Think of it this way. You gather a huge mob, and clock it in place. You then sit from a distance and hit the mob with an aoe hailstorm. You then do a charged gale to increase your damage and armor with the attack but as a result dash forward into the mob opening yourself up to attack. Definitely not desireable. We will just have to see how it works. It is a little hard to judge until it has been tested out.

Another suggestion. As a player who has used gale alot, I find the push sometimes unreliable. One thing I have figured out is that the push does not work on enemies that are stunned by fireball, so if I want to push a mob into position I have to wait for fireball stun to wear off. Was it designed this way? Also I find that mobs only really get pushed if they are in a certain sweet spot. If they are too close or too far they will not get pushed by the skill (this is withou the aoe upgrade). I can understand it having a range limitation, but I have never understood why enemies right next to you don't get pushed. Perhaps the cone of the area of effect it too narrow right in front of you so it often misses enemies right in front of you?
    The problem that you're describing with the push is probably due to the limited number of enemies it could hit previously. It picks 4 random enemies within the cone, it doesn't care how close etc they are. This update should help.

I agree on the fact that you will enter combat if you charge forward with the upgrade now and that it could be problematic. I do feel like the upgrade is definitely skewed towards PvP and might not be something PvE players want to pick up. I could possibly change it to only do the 'dash' if you're NOT charging Gale Force so you get the dash but lose out on the armor buff/extra damage etc if you want to speed forward.

EDIT: Okay I just tried out putting the dash effect on the non-charged Gale Force, as well as making it move you backwards, and it's a blast! So, assuming you have all the upgrades and you want a 360 degree attack that buffs your armor and your speed, you charge your Gale Force. You want to get away, you face your enemy and use the regular non-charged attack that knocks them over in a cone and now makes you dash away from them.
    Last edited by Swede; 06-18-2013 at 05:40 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

the "dash" ability will be great on pvp but definitely not on pve especially elite. Was thinking if pulling the mobs toward your last position before dashing will be much better than pushing it away, well that requires a larger aoe to actually prevent yourself dashing towards mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    EDIT: Okay I just tried out putting the dash effect on the non-charged Gale Force, as well as making it move you backwards, and it's a blast! So, assuming you have all the upgrades and you want a 360 degree attack that buffs your armor and your speed, you charge your Gale Force. You want to get away, you face your enemy and use the regular non-charged attack that knocks them over in a cone and now makes you dash away from them.
    You dash backwards now? That's awesome! It'll also make it look like the gale force pushed on you back

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

AMAZING updates! I'm definitely playing the sorcerer class now! =]
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

With the 50% armor have some additional buffs like alpha wolf reflect for 4-5 sec as when rouge hit us critical in PVP we died instantly, two rouge gang against one mage it is like 1% chance surviving since our hp is low and armor is low too

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am all for non charged upgrades! Don't believe in charging and definitely don't believe in taking a double penalty by selecting an upgrade that requires BOTH a point and to charge.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Lady_Pebbles

Nice changes and tweaks Swede! Sounds like its gonna be more fun to play with Gale Force now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

definitely gonna try out gale force, was hoping changes for curse too

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

This update might actually make mages able to survive without using shield which would be great. In addition will gale grants a push and stun effect now, currently it seems to be an either or based off if u charge or not.

I know it's a bit unrelated to this thread but could you post how the curse DMG works because I read ppl saying it seems to become less effective at higher lvls than lower. This indicates the DMG doesn't t scale well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I know it's a bit unrelated to this thread but could you post how the curse DMG works because I read ppl saying it seems to become less effective at higher lvls than lower. This indicates the DMG doesn't t scale well.[/QUOTE]

+1. I tried to figure out how the damage works but I couldn't ;c it wasn't effective at all at lvl10 in pvp to be honest. >_<
    Last edited by Imjebus; 06-18-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Dodge was useful in km1 vs shark stun.