Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Be Kind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Please Be Kind

I am new to this game, but I am astonished by some of the encounters I have had. I find the game to be extremely enjoyable, but some of the players are horrible. I was in a town, looking for players with the new zombie set, and I had some very hurtful things said about me. Two players went so far as to insult and disrespect my deceased grandparents as well as use loopholes in the chat system to bombard me with profanities. I am not writing about this for sympathy, frankly I am strong enough to know that these characters do not define who I am. I am, however, calling for action. When the berating was occurring, in a very populated town, not one player stood up for me. I would like to suggest that each and every player make an effort to be kind, especially to "noobs". Players ought to welcome new players and "show them the ropes". Further, we ought to be nicer to all other players because there is no way to know what is going on on the other side of the screen. Thank you for your time.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kqala For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

This happens way to often!!

It's disappointing to see this is how ppl are raised these days. I'm sure they all make their parents very proud.

There are actually many nice ppl in game. Just seems there are fewer these days and harder to find. 😞

4. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, do not include the peoples parents:P but... just think like this; there are not many bad/stupid people, but they are placed very bad so one meet them all the time:P
    Don't loose your faith in the human race

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I am sorry for my bad spelling and pure vocabulary, I hope you still understand what I'am trying to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Faith=restored

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    Bro, hate to break it to you but this is how people are in mmos behind their screens. Half the things I say in game I would probably not say in real life, just like most people. They might have had a bad day, or they are actually mean. I'm not saying we shouldn't be better, but you need to see that we can't stop it and that is Why sts implemented the mute button.
    Actually, it CAN be stopped if people make an effort. Attitude is all about choice: Period. And to say "most" of the PL community acts like this is a flat out lie. If you cannot say something to your parents/friends/siblings/significant other that you would say in game, you should not use your keyboard. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Hello. Welcome to the internet.

There will always be brave kids hiding behind characters in video games. Do what I do, and hit them with a barrage of smiley faces and hearts. <3.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Actually, it CAN be stopped if people make an effort. Attitude is all about choice: Period. And to say "most" of the PL community acts like this is a flat out lie. If you cannot say something to your parents/friends/siblings/significant other that you would say in game, you should not use your keyboard. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    Truer words could never be said.

Now, to elaborate on that... when I'm your age, are you telling me if I act young, I'll be able convince myself that I'm young? xD
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kqala View Post
    I am new to this game, but I am astonished by some of the encounters I have had. I find the game to be extremely enjoyable, but some of the players are horrible. I was in a town, looking for players with the new zombie set, and I had some very hurtful things said about me. Two players went so far as to insult and disrespect my deceased grandparents as well as use loopholes in the chat system to bombard me with profanities. I am not writing about this for sympathy, frankly I am strong enough to know that these characters do not define who I am. I am, however, calling for action. When the berating was occurring, in a very populated town, not one player stood up for me. I would like to suggest that each and every player make an effort to be kind, especially to "noobs". Players ought to welcome new players and "show them the ropes". Further, we ought to be nicer to all other players because there is no way to know what is going on on the other side of the screen. Thank you for your time.
    Welcome to the internet. We're glad you came.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Truer words could never be said.

Now, to elaborate on that... when I'm your age, are you telling me if I act young, I'll be able convince myself that I'm young? xD
    I shall elaborate on what you bolded: How young you feel is all about choice. So I can still step on a basketball court and make peeps look silly (especially those who laugh when they see this white boy coming.)
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshtheboss View Post
    Please look at the bold, as it was the main point. I agree, it is the internet however, that does not mean that people like Kqala cannot have a sense of morals and choose to abide the way they do irl - treating others with respect. I'm not going to make any arguments as I am on both sides but we all know what the right choice is. People can try to deny it but they would be lying to themselves and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kqala View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I shall elaborate on what you bolded: How young you feel is all about choice. So I can still step on a basketball court and make peeps look silly (especially those who laugh when they see this white boy coming.)
    LOL, that reminds me of my old basketball coach. The man was 60 years old, knew how to play basketball and would school all the younger players. Why? The younger players were too focused about being flashy with moves rather than actually focusing on the main point of the game: putting the ball in the hoop.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

This is why I'm playing Pl less and less. It just isn't worth the crap that I have to deal with anymore.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Welcome , add me I got some extra rope I can show ya.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

It could be stopped, but it would be difficult. Imagine if every time someone changed a letter in a bad word to avoid the filter or every time someone said something mean, all the people in the room muted them. Every time they engaged in this type of activity, everyone around them would never talk to them again because they couldn't see what they were saying. If people started using the mute button all the time on people like this, the offenders would eventually get the hint when nobody responded to anything that they said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

The community has nice people and mean people.
    But luckly there's this cool option called "muting"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

[QUOTE=cookiez;1144900]
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1144849

Okay, feel free to go to Every single person in pl/AL/dl/sl and if you can make every single person a kind, helpful player, I will say you're right. (But be prepared to be told to stfu, go away, be laughed at, and whatever else people wanna do.)

And you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying most of the pl community is rude or whatever, I'm saying most of the people say things behind their keyboard that they would never say to strangers/people they just met.

Edit:

"Attitude is all about choice: Period."

Yes, I agree, but your choice cannot change others attitude.
    I completely understood what you said. You clearly stopped reading at what Apollo bolded. I do tell people who are rude in PL (which is what this thread is focused on, not the other three) to clean it up and explain my thoughts, BUT it is up to THEM to change. I cannot make them change. That is why I said attitude is a choice. You misread what I said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshtheboss View Post
    Do you happen to be one of those people kqala is talking about? Instead of a sentence like that why not try to help the situation and explain that there is a report button and kqala, if you need help feel free to pm in game if I'm on (igns at bottom of SIG) I'm still with crims latest thread about making a better community, just felt like pointing out that what josh said is not part of it
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

When I encounter people like that I report them and mute them. You have to remember that many of the people in town are afk or maybe not even be paying attention to what is going on in town chat.

Next time don't talk to them long enough for them to insult your family members, etc. Just report, mute, and go find someone more friendly to talk to. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, just saying you will encounter more of this so don't let them ruin your fun time.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I have switches to SL, because I pve a lot more... For now, but a lot of leavers. Anyways I played PL for like 15min yesterday got frustrated with the people and stopped. Logged into SL and played until 2am
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

As to the point that this was goin on and no one around you spoke up, I admit I am sometimes that person.
    The problem is I can't assume to know who started what most the time or whetever else may have occurred, so I don't respond to a lot of things that appear immature. I'm not one to take sides often.
    There are plenty jerks but the good folk make it worth being social.