Thread: New PVP Leaderboard - DM K/D Ratio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default New PVP Leaderboard - DM K/D Ratio

I realize this new arena has only just come out so it's entirely possible my points below will have holes - but I find issue with the new leaderboard. I've never personally been a fan of K/D ratios but with the new leaderboard rewarding people with the best K/D ratio for the new arena a new item is already ready to be sold on the market - your very own character's (or alternate character's) deaths.

This has been an issue I've seen before (people selling alts they've leveled up to kill farm in CtF) but now there is a reward for kill farming the most. K/D ratio's being rewarded will only help promote incredibly lopsided teams and the issue I mentioned above. Being a pvper in dark legends for a long time the leaderboard wasn't that big of an issue - in AL the leaderboard is on a lot of peoples minds all the time, in a much bigger way then I've seen in your other games. I'm merely suggesting changing this to kills or some other category - at the very minimum as a jumping off point for a discussion.

Cheers,
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yes was guns make same thread this kd is stupid no one is 30 kd that's nuts except farmers, at least add DM kills to lb or else everyone guns leave when three wars n rogue, other than that DM is very fun but just add a kill lb to list kd can stay for farming cheaters:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

KDR lb is just for twinks....matches won kd would be better or even kills lb...just not kdr
    Credits to Iady

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Leaderboards in general are a joke. Always have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think the the number of deaths matter more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I vote for no levels restrictions then.. and no kills for killing a lower (2 or more lvl difference) level toon, deaths should still count so twinks can play there but they would not be on LB.
    Last edited by Obi; 06-21-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:1144921
    KDR lb is just for twinks....matches won kd would be better or even kills lb...just not kdr

no, it is what Jexetta said.
    PvP farming, like what Langzi did.

PS: i dont hate langzi.
    Last edited by Cero; 06-21-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

This will nevrr change whther there's seperate lb or not...toons will stat up on low level than level up to end game, like true origins for example. ...twinking just ruins the game...it messes with auction prices, makes good gear impossible for new players because twink gear is so expensive. ....here's my suggestion to solve twink issue

**makes crates only loot top two levels (30/31 gear only for example) th at way there's isnt lvl 3 bonchill op pvper. ..
    ** you have to be max level to be on lb ( more incentive to lvl up than just banner) or
    ** have a seperate twibk lb for pvp kills,, ctf flags, and dm stats....
    **make hauntlet harder for twinks please!!!!
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    This will nevrr change whther there's seperate lb or not...toons will stat up on low level than level up to end game, like true origins for example. ...twinking just ruins the game...it messes with auction prices, makes good gear impossible for new players because twink gear is so expensive. ....here's my suggestion to solve twink issue

**makes crates only loot top two levels (30/31 gear only for example) th at way there's isnt lvl 3 bonchill op pvper. ..
    ** you have to be max level to be on lb ( more incentive to lvl up than just banner) or
    ** have a seperate twibk lb for pvp kills,, ctf flags, and dm stats....
    **make hauntlet harder for twinks please!!!!

Better yet.. get rid of the leader board.

Also twinks have nothing to do with economy. It was fubared when people bought gold with money. Then we have people that cry when they fear a price drop of mythic from 3 mill to 2 mill. Make gear more accessible.

Locked crates and $ for gold destroyed the economy.

Hauntlet is terrible...

Like I said get rid of leaderboard... 3 of your 4 issues solved. Besides it is just a buncha noobs paying people to kill them.

Also not a big fan of the DM. I really don't like the map. Some people love it. I am not one of those. I don't like the troll. I don't like the trees. I don;t like the camera view... it just seems off.
    Last edited by Syylent; 06-21-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree hundred percent with dark ko seperate lb is a must, twinks and end gamers should have different banners, it is unfair to us who have taken time to level and play against the majority of players, and yes crates should only b higher levels or even make the low levels rare which would be cool. and thank sts for making it kills for DM much better:-) but anyways DM is not anywhere near as fun as CTF, its too unorganized, great alternative though if I get bored:-) . and my god that troll took forever to kill lol

Lady_Pebbles

Everyone is tired of the LB "stuff" by now. Players have been taking advantage of this for quite some time. There shouldn't be a KDR to begin with because there isn't an arena for full FFA (everyone for themselves) where KDR would actually matter. These arenas are TEAM BASED so there should be Win/Loses based on team work not based on individual KDRs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Everyone is tired of the LB "stuff" by now. Players have been taking advantage of this for quite some time. There shouldn't be a KDR to begin with because there isn't an arena for full FFA (everyone for themselves) where KDR would actually matter. These arenas are TEAM BASED so there should be Win/Loses based on team work not based on individual KDRs.

About to say this as well
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

How about a leaderboard such as the guild rankings??? U have to be in top fifty on achievment points to be considered, etc....and have all categories ranked...that way twinks wouldnt be on there as they don't have the necessary achievment points, and agree w/l would be awesome
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Make a second leaderboard for twinks and for kdr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    How about a leaderboard such as the guild rankings??? U have to be in top fifty on achievment points to be considered, etc....and have all categories ranked...that way twinks wouldnt be on there as they don't have the necessary achievment points, and agree w/l would be awesome
    That's discrimination.
    Not everyone cut invest 5-10 hours a day into this game and most just play it casually.
    I know alot of good pvpers who a. don't join guilds or part of a small one b. don't care for AP points or LB's and just play pvp for what it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko:1145848
    ehh youre trying to hard now...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    Locked crates and $ for gold destroyed the economy.
    The amount of gold does not destroy the economy, it just causes steady inflation. Since there are no other currencies in the game (unlike in the real world), you never have runaway inflation because it's not like people can decide to trade in their gold and only accept some different currency. We are forced to use gold. So $ for gold does not destroy anything in the economy.

Locked crates do indeed destroy the economy, but not because of the rare mythic or arcane items. The reason locked crates destroy the economy is because there is a pink legendary item in each crate, some which have very good stats. Because there is one in every crate, these "crate pinks" become very common and the price of them falls to nothing. Since the stats of these crate pinks are better than some of the pinks that come from Elite Chests and some of the pinks that fall from bosses, those pinks become worthless as well.

The end result is an economy where you can gear up your character with decent legendary pink gear for about 20k, and then if you want to go a step up from there you must spend 30m on a set of mythics -- there is no middle point. Yes, there is better pink gear than the crate pinks, but most players don't see it worth spending 20x the price for a 1% increase in stats. For example, at level 26 cap you could buy a Captains Axe for 10k or a Abyssal Warfare for 1m. The stats for the Abyssal were only slightly better and not worth the premium to most players. And since most players do not see any possibility that they will ever be able to afford the mythics that cost millions, the economy stalls. Nobody is looking to buy anything once you get past the first month of each season, and everyone is just in a holding pattern waiting and saving their gold for next season. That is how you kill an economy -- you stop people from spending money, and that is what has happened here. Speak to any merchant and they will tell you that nobody is buying anything lately, and everything is taking forever to sell.

The only solution would be for STS to step in and buy up all the excess crate items in the auction (just as the Federal Reserve bought up the crap mortgages in our real economy), and then stop giving pinks in every crate. Let the crates have a chance for a pink (a higher chance than they have for mythic or arcane), but just a chance -- maybe 1 in 10. I don't care if it's a much better chance than you have at a boss, but don't make it automatic or else you ruin the economy. The end result will be that these crate pinks will be worth more gold anyway, so most players who open crates won't care one way or the other.

Edit: I should really post this in its own thread.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Make a 1v1 pvp map. With no obsticles no health or mana packs or speed. And a 3 minute time limit and ends with a tie if time runs out