Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My 2 cents on Pvp deathmatch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default My 2 cents on Pvp deathmatch.

1. Why is the troll there? To tank for the other team? drain your mana? by 1 hitting?
    2. I feel the LB is for twinks. Twinks have a 4:1 or something kdr and at levels like 27 or endgame its impossible, so I feel it should be changed to Kills LB or even matches won Lb.

Ill add more, right now im not feeling right
    Credits to Iady

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Trulle is mostly just a hazard. If an enemy is close to him, knock them over and watch as he smashes them. He's extremely slow, so should be easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with him. He also grants an achievement and title if you and 3 friends + 4 enemies somehow manage to kill him.

I hear your concerns about only a KDR leaderboard and will probably add a Kill number leaderboard as well.
    Last edited by Swede; 06-20-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Trulle is mostly just a hazard. If an enemy is close to him, knock them over and watch as he smashes them. He's extremely so should be easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with him. He also grants and achievement and title if you and 3 friends + 4 enemies somehow manage to kill him.

I hear your concerns about only a KDR leaderboard and will probably add a Kill number leaderboard as well.
    Thanks. I tried that trick but im a rogue soidk how im supposed to pull the opponent to trulle. Thanks for the kill number lb. its needed. twink kill farmers reign the kdr lb
    Credits to Iady

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Thanks. I tried that trick but im a rogue soidk how im supposed to pull the opponent to trulle. Thanks for the kill number lb. its needed. twink kill farmers reign the kdr lb
    I don't know, I just played a level 30 match and two of the players in the match was part of the top 10 on the KDR board, so real players are definitely on there, for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    I don't know, I just played a level 30 match and two of the players in the match was part of the top 10 on the KDR board, so real players are definitely on there, for now.
    Meh check back with me on Saturday
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Or check now .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Good grief on the KDR board..

while I agree that everyone should have a chance at it, isn't the current system preventing some of us do so? To be honest, I'm sure this would encourage more people to kill farm as well.. which you guys try to avoid in the first place right? Thanks for the wonderful update though!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Yes thank you STs.. just sucks we can't legitly compete for leaderboard spots at endgame.... it is really fun though.
    Last edited by iluvataris; 06-21-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Would it be possible to create season based leaderboards for timed runs and CTF, so that way, the folks who weren't here in the beginning have a chance to actually show up on the leaderboard, without having to farm 30k CTF kills in a single season?

It would be cool if we could have a season leaderboard and an all-time leaderboard, which gives the old-timers their due, and gives some of these new pups a chance.

And, I'm totally with Limsyoker on the KDR thing. As if I don't already hear people whine and complain about their KDR, bailing out on matches as soon as they see a disadvantage, fish around for the strongest team before they join, gang kill, spawn-kill, join into matches that are already 3v1, etc., a KDR board just exasperates this kind of anti-social behavior. Shouldn't we be encouraging fair fights, chivalry, and a "may the best team win" mentality instead of a get the kill and leave if you think you may die type of culture?

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Lady_Pebbles

I agree completely with Lim and Syn. This is getting ridiculous already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Would it be possible to create season based leaderboards for timed runs and CTF, so that way, the folks who weren't here in the beginning have a chance to actually show up on the leaderboard, without having to farm 30k CTF kills in a single season?

It would be cool if we could have a season leaderboard and an all-time leaderboard, which gives the old-timers their due, and gives some of these new pups a chance.

And, I'm totally with Limsyoker on the KDR thing. As if I don't already hear people whine and complain about their KDR, bailing out on matches as soon as they see a disadvantage, fish around for the strongest team before they join, gang kill, spawn-kill, join into matches that are already 3v1, etc., a KDR board just exasperates this kind of anti-social behavior. Shouldn't we be encouraging fair fights, chivalry, and a "may the best team win" mentality instead of a get the kill and leave if you think you may die type of culture?
    Could have not said it better. Now that we have the Kill count replacing the KDR, we're pretty much back to the kill farming issue in which I assume would stay for long.

As for the leaderboard, I do vouch for your idea. I would not want to spend a whole season fighting for a spot that seems to be out of reach. Categories like:All-Time and Current Season would give others a fair and square chance at being part of the leader-board. I'm not quite sure if this has been implemented in the previous STS titles but I don't see any harm in doing so. It's a win win situation!
    duck dynasty falls

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post: