Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Difficulty of AO3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Difficulty of AO3

I find myself regretting buying AO3. The main part of my regression is that the bosses are so hard that I literally can't defeate them. Now I understand the mind of devs. Theyr'e probably thinking that the harder it is the less farming and less mass production of items. But, when the lvl is literally TO HARD TO DEFEATE then you won't be able to progress through the game. ex: lvl 2 of AO3 I cant even kill Kasar the stupid keeper. even with a mob of people I have no luck of ever winning. So I ask you, Do you think you could lower the tremendous power that these bosses have?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

2nd pointless noobish post, just play the game.. iight?
    Last edited by Justg; 10-17-2010 at 04:56 PM.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We're still looking at AO3 difficulty and playstyles.

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i think he has a point.. but still enough people have gone through Ao3 to safely say that you can defeat all bosses there are just some strategies used.. if you need help contact one of me in game or pm me on here
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hes a myna gen, it takes 20 seconds to realize that u cant rush it like a djiin -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I've been with partys that can kill any boss in under a minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The problem isn't the difficulty of AO3 per say. It's the massive difference between AO1 & 2 compared to AO3. Unfortunatly any unskilled disorganised group can romp through 1 & 2 so people are totally unprepared for the challenge. Further nobody needs to develop skills and tactics if they skip Swamps and Elite frozen so can be lvl 45 and expect to continue their same style into AO3. My suggestions:

1. Make AO3 easier. This is only if the Devs feel the game should be aimed at the casual player.
    2. Make AO1 & 2 harder. This way people are somewhat more prepared for the challenge when they hit AO3.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its the massiveness of the fact that myna prods who have no skill, cant win and therefore suck

Senior Member Wbto-Angeluscustos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

yeah lol on what someone earlier said you have to be organized i found ao1-2 very easy too easy id say ao3 is how it should be hard to beat for example like someone said you cant just rust through the lvls anymore its not that easy yeah you can sometimes but most of the time no.. its harder.. and i like it it makes beating the bosses so much more funner.. and like you actually did something imporant
    (THANKS TO LADYLOVE) BEST SIG MAKER!

Angeluscustos - 70 Birdie | Wbto - 65 Pally | Murtaghthorn - 35 Twink | Wbtowbto - 45 Twink |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the bosses r easy- MAKE A TANK I CAN SOLO ALL BOSSES but keeper takes longest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draq View Post
    the bosses r easy- MAKE A TANK I CAN SOLO ALL BOSSES but keeper takes longest
    Are your serious?

Maybe with 1k potions and spamming Elixirs.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I love how ANYONE who suggests that AO3 is in any way too difficult is automatically called a noob. Standard generic answer so that you don't have to post a real thought.

I realize you need strategy and all to play AO3. No problem there. My personal choice was to start a 4th char and level that. I don't have the gold or other resources to buy elixirs for AO3 or wait hours for a great group. So for me, I'll level my 4 to level 48 and then reassess AO3. But thats just me.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was just about turned off to AO3 due to one day of horrible players in the games I joined. Calling everyone else stupid, yelling because they would not buy damage pots, they are NOOBS because they die too much. Who can believe that a mage can get one shotted in AO3, I mean, shouldn't they know better, NOOBS! That's the kind of stuff that really made me consider abandoning this game for a while, but I went on the next day and had much more understanding and friendly players. This is the difference, the people you play with! I've noticed that AO3 brings out the worst in a majority of players, these tend to be the players who try to take on King Mynas and expect a mage to hang right next to them with shadows guys all over the place. Not gonna happen, strategy and common sense about other characters prevail. By the way, many tries and still have not seen King Mynas defeated, perhaps some are a bit too hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the challenge is part of the fun. sure it takes a while, but trust me, if you're with two level 50's, the other 3 people 47+, have two mages, a tanker, and good tactics you can defeat any boss in ao3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by smoae View Post
    the challenge is part of the fun. sure it takes a while, but trust me, if you're with two level 50's, the other 3 people 47+, have two mages, a tanker, and good tactics you can defeat any boss in ao3.
    agreed with above... AO3 highlights Mages and with full cosmo gear (which I DONT HAVE and annoying me) the Mage is the key character in my opinion... because AO3 does not have the new gear sets for Thoth, I think the mage is the key. Not only do you have to protect the mage in game, but the mage needs to buff, debuff, rez and heal... for a person who actually knows how to play a Mage, this is a full time job and its very fun.. I dont need to kill anything and I'm super busy.

Tactics also is a key in positioning a mage of where to stand in a boss fight because if ur too close to a tank in healing... if the tank dies, ur pretty much dead before you can even rez him as ur one shot dead... so placing the mage is key...

To the origional point of AO3 is too hard... yes its hard but use your brain.... I can solo any AO3 map except for bosses as I think its just impossible for a pure mage (yes takes a bit of time to do this) ... basically, play smart and its a lot of fun... also thats why you stay polite and nice in game so you have friends to call on when you need... I usually just solo till someone joines and if by the time boss is left I invite my bros... not sounding conceeded but 9/10 times if i ask for help in boss killing, they all flock in... also because the pain of clearing is done and killing boss gives loot.

Consider working with good friends and share loot and experiences.... thats 50% of the fun in game.

my 2 cents, Inching.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree that the bosses are hard. but i ought to point out why i hate Ao3:
    1. Crazy prices of the items
    2. Not supporting Hybrids
    3. STOP BOOTING!
    4. Nobody lets you join their game.

Ohh and a little tip: Get 2 tankers/berserkers , 2 mages/paladins , and 1 PURE dex this will help ease out the dungeon, and bosses are easier if you have Teamwork.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you cant play ao3, Play forest haven.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    I disagree that the bosses are hard. but i ought to point out why i hate Ao3:
    1. Crazy prices of the items
    2. Not supporting Hybrids
    3. STOP BOOTING!
    4. Nobody lets you join their game.

Ohh and a little tip: Get 2 tankers/berserkers , 2 mages/paladins , and 1 PURE dex this will help ease out the dungeon, and bosses are easier if you have Teamwork.

1) Highly agree... I'm selling my stuff (see my thread) and I'm getting comments in town of how I'm selling too cheap and killing the mkt... I'm like WTF u talking abt... I'm selling lvl 30 stuff to a noob and I'm not gonna rip him off... I sold my lvl 30 fire skull staff to this guy and he put up 30K and I'm like.. do u think I'm going to rip u?? Pls change to 15K and I sold him. ie Thoughie is selling some stuff to me and after I agreed to a price he PM me telling me Its a bit lower actually in px... this is the kind of thing us old timers must be doing in order to keep the community alive or else the real noobs will be killing the game... set an example guys.

2) the hybrid thing I dont have comment for as I'v always been pure and no interest in hybrids

3) YES ... in my games as everone knows.... NO ONE GETS BOOTED IN INCHING GAMES... unless u r rude, or not pulling ur weight. I dont mind to heal a bit more to keep the lower lvls alive and rez you but EVERYONE FIGHTS NO ONE QUITS OR LEACHES. Stand back if you have to. I usually kill half way and run to the next so the low lvl guys have something to kill and the game is quicker for me anyway so I dont mind.

4) This is annoying... I'm lvl 49 now and I still get booted occasionally .. annoying
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inching View Post
    1) Highly agree... I'm selling my stuff (see my thread) and I'm getting comments in town of how I'm selling too cheap and killing the mkt... I'm like WTF u talking abt... I'm selling lvl 30 stuff to a noob and I'm not gonna rip him off... I sold my lvl 30 fire skull staff to this guy and he put up 30K and I'm like.. do u think I'm going to rip u?? Pls change to 15K and I sold him. ie Thoughie is selling some stuff to me and after I agreed to a price he PM me telling me Its a bit lower actually in px... this is the kind of thing us old timers must be doing in order to keep the community alive or else the real noobs will be killing the game... set an example guys.

2) the hybrid thing I dont have comment for as I'v always been pure and no interest in hybrids

3) YES ... in my games as everone knows.... NO ONE GETS BOOTED IN INCHING GAMES... unless u r rude, or not pulling ur weight. I dont mind to heal a bit more to keep the lower lvls alive and rez you but EVERYONE FIGHTS NO ONE QUITS OR LEACHES. Stand back if you have to. I usually kill half way and run to the next so the low lvl guys have something to kill and the game is quicker for me anyway so I dont mind.

4) This is annoying... I'm lvl 49 now and I still get booted occasionally .. annoying
    Woot! Go pures!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Skull staff pink? id have paid 50 easy o.O