Thread: Athenum’s Ultra-Secret Guide to PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Athenum’s Ultra-Secret Guide to PvP

Welcome to another one of Athenum’s guides. Yes, it’s the same guy who wrote “Why Merch when you can Mooch?” and “The Peacemaker Build.”

This is a special ultra secret guide. If you are reading this right now, it means that you are one of the few among millions on the Internet that use the STS forums.

This quick edition guide is about PvP and how to survive it. Before we begin, we need to plug in a disclaimer.

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction for a game that is real but which contents are fictional. Any similarity to real life is purely coincidental. This has been written to provide entertainment, mirth and laughter. It is not intended to cause sadness, anger and pain nor to prove to be a violation of any of the TOS that STS has provided. This document should be read only by those persons to whom it is addressed. If you have received this message it was obviously addressed to you and therefore you can read it, even if I didn’t mean to post it for you. However, if the contents of this post make no sense whatsoever then you probably were not the intended recipient, feel free to close your eyes after staring for hours at your monitor, I’m sure they are tired. Which is a funny story really, when I was young , we had no television sets. My family and I would sit around for hours just watching the fire. My momma always told me: “Don’t sit too close to the fire, you’ll hurt your eyes.” If you have received this post in error, I was probably half asleep from playing too much Arcane Legends because my guildmate usually calls me at an ungodly hour. Please do blame him. Thank you.

In the Player versus Player arena, people usually think that he who has the best gear or best gang wins. This is incorrect! By writing this guide I have found a way to circumvent the incorrect misconception that players have. (I used a dictionary to find them words. Heh.)

Here are some tips to help you survive the PvP experience.

The Secret art of PvP war:

Be what you are not: Look around you. What do you see? Did you notice if your team is composed of the same guild that your team is fighting? If so, stick to the team member who has guildmates on the opposing side. Never leave him/her. Attack only those he/she attacks but do so only when you notice the opponent is getting pretty weak. Do this right and you’ll get a couple of kills in and survive the match.

To fight the enemy, you should be the enemy: Look for a prominent guild on the opposing team. See one? Good! Now, “accidentally” attack that player and quickly apologize. They will usually answer with “??” or “Ok.” Stick with them and you’re guaranteed not to get killed by your teammates.

A loudly clucking chicken is usually laying an egg: Read the chat logs! When you hear/read a player complaining loudly or someone screaming 4vs1 is nt FARE! Can only mean one thing, yes it does. It’s a trap. These guys are better equipped and can end the game in one click of a button. Stay away from them at all costs. THERE! Did you see them leave? They just want you to think they ragequit but in reality they just ended their match.

A good offense is a great defense: Instead of charging in and saying “NOW DIE!” Change your battlecry to “Y u kill me were ally!” watch the other team stop and try to figure out what’s going on, get your other teammates to crush them before they recover from their confusion.
    After reading and following this secret guide, feel better about yourself and know that you are now one of the few chosen players who are now part of the elites, who know these little known secrets to PvP.

In all seriousness, aside from the guide, I’d like to shout out to all the great PVP-ers out there, committed and dedicated to the game, those who stick to the game no matter what the cost. My hat goes off to all of you!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Feedback from the readers of the guide:

TryinghardatPVP: “Dude my death stats have increased dramatically. Thanks, I couldn’t have done this without your help, Athenum.”

Ididwhatusaid: “They really do get confused!”

Cluckingchicken: “IS THIS ABOUT ME?”

Nogeartwink: “Who needs gear whan you have this guide! Thanks, Athenum”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Oh, how much do i see this in pvp.. :facepalm:

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Athenum View Post

Be what you are not: Look around you. What do you see? Did you notice if your team is composed of the same guild that your team is fighting? If so, stick to the team member who has guildmates on the opposing side. Never leave him/her. Attack only those he/she attacks but do so only when you notice the opponent is getting pretty weak. Do this right and you’ll get a couple of kills in and survive the match.
    Camouflage. Blend with your surroundings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Ath, you did it again!
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Lol! Good one!

Thought of adding your fun guides to your sig? Check my guide how to do this efficiently.
    Link is in my sig.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

If u stand very still in ur spawn,

Very still,

U wont get killed...

30% of the time at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lol!

Ath I think u should stop drinking so much coffee
    IGN Rogue: Parisstilton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LOL YOU RLLY THINK THIS IS A QUOTE? View Post
    Lol!

LOL YOU RLLY THINK THIS IS A QUOTE? LOOK AT MY USERNAME!

LOL
    Awesome disclaimer is awesome.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE COMMANDOS ELITE GUILD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    Oh, how much do i see this in pvp.. :facepalm:
    It's good to know that players are taking this guide to heart. Awww.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Hello!

I've been bored for the past few days and decided to incorporate your "Ultimate Secret" after reading it, here are some of my observations:

- When sticking to the one of the opposing team's member and I've noticed that his teammates kept on following me and showering me with either arrows or lightning, is this natural? I was trying to figure out if this was a gesture of warm welcome or a "Thank you and come again" moment.

- After dying during a chaotic clash, I screamed at the top of my lungs "Stop, we are team.. im blue ur blue olso". He stopped for a brief moment after meeting me near a sharp corner and did the same thing again! Should I be mad at my teammates for not taking advantage of my "well deployed trap"?

- My deaths increased drastically and it has placed some great number on my stat page, thanks!

- I brought a lot of attention by receiving a lot of hate and threat comments after each and every match.. thanks I guess!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Dear Limsyoker,

I have to admit my heart leapt for joy after reading your post. I'm glad that you have decided to try the Ultimate super-secret, secret guide tips for PvP. Let me help shed some light on some of the questions that you have asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    When sticking to the one of the opposing team's member and I've noticed that his teammates kept on following me and showering me with either arrows or lightning, is this natural? I was trying to figure out if this was a gesture of warm welcome or a "Thank you and come again" moment.
    I feel very happy to read that you have written. You described this very well. It's obvious to see that the Players in the arena were welcoming you by "showering" you with love. Since hearts and love are hard to come by inside the arena, they used what they had available. Lightning bolts and arrows were used to symbolize love coming down from the heavens. I am indeed glad that you have experienced this. You have been welcomed into the fold!

After dying during a chaotic clash, I screamed at the top of my lungs "Stop, we are team.. im blue ur blue olso". He stopped for a brief moment after meeting me near a sharp corner and did the same thing again! Should I be mad at my teammates for not taking advantage of my "well deployed trap"?
    You did very well during this conflict. You were able to take control of a messy situation. However, I'm afraid that your teammates may have been ill informed. I do ask of you not to be angry at them. It isn't their fault that they have not been enlightened. Perhaps it would be best if you, who have been initiated into the elite fold of players, show them the light.

My deaths increased drastically and it has placed some great number on my stat page, thanks!
    It is good to know that your stats have increased after utilizing the guide to its fullest potential. I can say that your stats will increase tenfold if you continue to utilize the information given here.

I brought a lot of attention by receiving a lot of hate and threat comments after each and every match.. thanks I guess!
    You can expect a lot more comments like that from players who have not been enlightened. I can only imagine that they are envious of your newfound prowress. I myself have been receiving a lot of this lately but I do understand that it is not because they hate me, but because they are unable to find the right words to express how they truly feel. I know that after they read the guide, their minds will surely change.

Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share what you have experienced with us. It has enriched all of the readers here. Should you have any more questions or experiences that you'd like yo share, please don't hesitate to post them. Our operators are standing by, ready to assist you.

Athenum

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went into the Kraag CTF Arena today and played a match. I saw that the field was dominated by a certain guild. When they came to finish me off, I yelled ALLIES! They stopped and left me alone. LOL I can't believe that it actually worked. Hahahaha!

Thanks Ath!

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Haha! from 120 Kills I raised to 140! in just a matter of 3-4 Matches! (Warr btw) Awesome Guide Ath!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Athenum View Post
    A loudly clucking chicken is usually laying an egg: Read the chat logs! When you hear/read a player complaining loudly or someone screaming 4vs1 is nt FARE! Can only mean one thing, yes it does. It’s a trap. These guys are better equipped and can end the game in one click of a button. Stay away from them at all costs. THERE! Did you see them leave? They just want you to think they ragequit but in reality they just ended their match.[/SIZE]
    LOL. I see this a lot. Does this mean we should run away from these players in PvP? hehehehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default i love u lmao

Omg it works 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Finally, a real guide from Athenum.