Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Best Build For Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    How exactly did you use my build at level 14? You're missing 17 skill points.

I used just active skills build.

Your build: fire (1-4), light (just fist), ice (1-3), Time (all).
    My build": Gale 4-5 (w/o speed wind) Fire 4-5 (w/o scrotch) Time all and 1 point to Heal

This build is at lv14 sorcerer.
    Last edited by Mr.Reco; 06-22-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Gale has really specific use & require charging if you don't want to be pushed back. That is soo annoying if you use it in nordr because of the ice patch.
    I use fire 4/5, Ice 5/5,Clock 5/5 and heal 2/5
    and passive in int, damage and armor..

Like others said, gale has no DOT and has long cooldown so ice and clock is a better choice for sure.
    Also if you do hauntlet with me and you scatter enemy in my clock (when the enemy is not ready to die with your gale), I will use my irl skill curse at you lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I stay with my pve skillbuild. fire 4/5 ice 4/5 clock 4/5 shield 4/5 and passive skills because int 5/5 dex 5/5 damage 2/5 Str 2 / 5. the aoe damage with DoTs tickin, it works great. cd time is perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ReMinD View Post
    So I stay with my pve skillbuild. fire 4/5 ice 4/5 clock 4/5 shield 4/5 and passive skills because int 5/5 dex 5/5 damage 2/5 Str 2 / 5. the aoe damage with DoTs tickin, it works great. cd time is perfect.
    what skill upgrade you didn't put in your clock?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tororo View Post
    I'm guessing the first one, originally it was pretty useless but then they made it add damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tororo:1146632
    Quote Originally Posted by ReMinD View Post
    the second. clock explodes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

1m with lv31 sorcerer . I did with my skills build lv14 sorcerer watchers tomb in 2m 30 seconds. So I mean your build with takes more time at lv14 rather my build. I did alone too with your skills build and it was even more than 3m 30 seconds.
    But I don't say your build is bad, Its just takes more time to kill mobs around and needs more pots.

Cheers!
    I bet you can not do this with some warriors run together, even you're lev 31 now

level 14 with decent gears is easy to get less than your time, i already do that but with Fire + Time + curse + shield.

But, mobs will be more health if you have some friends and you will run slower. It's normal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I still use fireball, ice, time, and heal. Passive use migth, knowledge, and damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherentsoj View Post
    I still use fireball, ice, time, and heal. Passive use migth, knowledge, and damage
    Damage passive isn't worth it. Better off throwing it into Agility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

mine is
    fire with knockback(i think its worth it for tanks in elite)
    ice
    lighting - also stuns boss in nordor
    shiled
    heal
    int
    str

this is all purpose pve build
    i switch to lighting on boss
    swaping all skills as necesaary

i m loving this build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I dispise gale like no other. IMO only scatters mobs. Every scorc I've run with that used gale just knocks mobs out of my time bubble.

4/5 fire - all but hit debuff
    3/5 light - 15%dmg + 250%crit dmg
    3/5 TS - Root + dot
    4/5 ice - all but ice patch
    2/5 heal - mana only

5/5 int, str, dex + 4/5 dmg or crit

I use this build to PVE. Swap out time for light on boss battles where boss cannot be rooted, & there are minimal mobs summoned.
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks though but sadly, I couldn't get offers from the app they told me to install(again cause I did that on another diff game) and now I can't reset my stats
    Accidentally increased my Dex instead of Int...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

my build is
    fire 5/5
    ice 4/5
    heal 5/5
    shield 4/5
    light 3/5
    int 5/5
    might 5/5
    dmg 5/5

and mine is flexibility build.
    i hav 2 CC skill bt ok coz i pretty dnt need timeshift as i can just use ice+fire and those who didnt get freeze gets knockdwn and also CDs r only 3s and 4s. enough time for CC. and timeshift skill unpredictable.
    i use shield,heal,ice and light on boss.
    my build is pretty pot saver build (hp and mana) if used heal frequently as at lvl36 one can heal upto 3k hp and 15-20% mana too every 15s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

After more respec than I can count this was best for my style of play.

Fire-4/5
    Clock-4/5
    Ice-5/5
    Lightning-3/5

Passives:
    Int-5/5
    Dex-5/5
    Str-5/5
    Damage-4/5

Best respec I've used and wont be changing it again. This is strictly for pve play. No gold to be made in pvp so I never do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I use Gale, fire, ice, time for mob clearing and switch out either Gale or Time at bosses (depending on which boss) for lightning.

Gale is one of the best crowd control skills in game and can help boost survivability long enough to get to safety when needed. The 50% armor is so good that, with top gear, shield becomes obsolete for PvE. Furthermore, Gale coupled with Time is so effective in therms of crowd control that, if used right, you don't even need a tank anymore during elite runs. Then I didn't even mention how much it helps to position mobs inside your Timeshift or a rogues' veil for super effective runs or even talked about the decent AoE dmg it can deal. I have to say though, it took me a while to master it. A bad Gale user is like a scatter bear in Pocket Legends (PL players will know what that means) and can be seriously frustrating to try and run effectively with.

There are some tips and tricks to use gale as effective as possible, for example if you don't want a medium sized group of mobs to move because they're already positioned right, you can use a charged fireball to stun them first before using Gale purely for its damage, without scattering everything around. Fire/pet stuns make the mobs unmovable which can be used to your advantage.

Not that it matters, but since you asked PvE stats earlier... I'm lv36 with around 90k kills and only 300 or so deaths. The main things I do in game is merch and farm elites, with and without tanks. I'm a purely PvE based player and have adopted my build after countless hours of testing and actual runs with feedback from many of my farming friends.

I could write an essay about why I chose the skills that I use but each has their own preference. It's part of the fun finding out what skills work most effectively for you and your regular farming buddies.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

In pve, fire ice clock lightning OR shield/heal (depends whether you want to guzzle pots while having another attack skill) seems best IMO. TBH I don't get gale. It seems like a pretty useless skill except for running across the insanely long elite maps after dying...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I use Gale, fire, ice, time for mob clearing and switch out either Gale or Time at bosses (depending on which boss) for lightning.

Gale is one of the best crowd control skills in game and can help boost survivability long enough to get to safety when needed. The 50% armor is so good that, with top gear, shield becomes obsolete for PvE. Furthermore, Gale coupled with Time is so effective in therms of crowd control that, if used right, you don't even need a tank anymore during elite runs. Then I didn't even mention how much it helps to position mobs inside your Timeshift or a rogues' veil for super effective runs or even talked about the decent AoE dmg it can deal. I have to say though, it took me a while to master it. A bad Gale user is like a scatter bear in Pocket Legends (PL players will know what that means) and can be seriously frustrating to try and run effectively with.

There are some tips and tricks to use gale as effective as possible, for example if you don't want a medium sized group of mobs to move because they're already positioned right, you can use a charged fireball to stun them first before using Gale purely for its damage, without scattering everything around. Fire/pet stuns make the mobs unmovable which can be used to your advantage.

Not that it matters, but since you asked PvE stats earlier... I'm lv36 with around 90k kills and only 300 or so deaths. The main things I do in game is merch and farm elites, with and without tanks. I'm a purely PvE based player and have adopted my build after countless hours of testing and actual runs with feedback from many of my farming friends.

I could write an essay about why I chose the skills that I use but each has their own preference. It's part of the fun finding out what skills work most effectively for you and your regular farming buddies.
    Jay is probably the only mage I play with that uses ALL offensive skills and he does a good job at it too.

Like he mentioned its different for everyone, I don't think I could play his skillset as I have my own that I'm use to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Gale can be great but for my style of spamming spells it won't work. One finger spamming health potions and the other spamming attacks. Gale would hurt more than help for me. It has to be used in specific situations and I like being able to just blast away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I have tried gale before.. I liked it but it started making some people mad. :P I think I was just using it wrong. As you said it can be used to push some mobs into the timeshift/shadow veil, for me I have never had anything I needed to push into the circle of mobs unless it's those dang mages in wt4. Otherwise, I'm fine because of my ranged attacks.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This is about the only sensible post. Wind's place in Pve is to replace shield.
    I've also stated this part on like a million threads. For all you inexperienced mages, if any1 tells you to use heal for anything other than flagging or being pvp "support" ignore everything else they told you because they are as lost as you