Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iPad 4 or iPad Mini?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default iPad 4 or iPad Mini?

Hey all,

I will be purchasing an iPad 4 or an iPad mini tomorrow! I just would like some community opinion to help me decide which one to get!

Thanks!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Neither. Wait until November (maybe) for the second gen mini with "retina display" (that term still bugs me...). Why buy either devices when they're nearly 8 months old?

Also, log in to AL pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

What he said^^ or iPad 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Neither. Wait until November (maybe) for the second gen mini with "retina display" (that term still bugs me...). Why buy either devices when they're nearly 8 months old?

Also, log in to AL pls.
    I can't afford to wait right now as all my devices are starting to fail. Trust me, I realize that new ones will be released soon in the fall, but I can't wait 3-4 months for that to happen. That's the main reason why I'm not on AL/PL anymore besides boredom. I have to play AL from a laptop now, lol.

If the new ones come out, I'll just buy the 2nd generation of them a year down the line. Also, the devices have pretty much everything I need.

Also, there is rumors circulating that mini will not receive retina display in it's 2nd iteration. So, as a result, I do not know what to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I can't afford to wait right now as all my devices are starting to fail. Trust me, I realize that new ones will be released soon in the fall, but I can't wait 3-4 months for that to happen. That's the main reason why I'm not on AL/PL anymore besides boredom. I have to play AL from a laptop now, lol.

If the new ones come out, I'll just buy the 2nd generation of them a year down the line. Also, the devices have pretty much everything I need.

Also, there is rumors circulating that mini will not receive retina display in it's 2nd iteration. So, as a result, I do not know what to get.
    Then I'd sooner save the $ and get a 3rd gen iPad. Save some dough for when a new gen comes out that you really want.

Apple rumors are always BS. Everything from a laser keyboard (lol) to having a curved glass display. I ignore all of them. Apple would be stupid not to put a retina display on the second gen, although they've been stupid in the past.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Mini rocks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Mini rocks.
    The Mini's just a scale down second gen iPad though. The first gen feels more like a beta device than anything else.

Parth, if you were anyone else I'd recommend certain android tablets since you're getting way better internals for way less $, but I know you can't be convinced >.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    The Mini's just a scale down second gen iPad though. The first gen feels more like a beta device than anything else.

Parth, if you were anyone else I'd recommend certain android tablets since you're getting way better internals for way less $, but I know you can't be convinced >.>
    Every single android device I have owned, including the Nexus 7 has multitudes of problems. I tried Android, even the "premium" devices but to me, I can't do it...

I like reliability and unfortunately, many Android products do not provide that. My Nexus 7 gives me enough headaches with it's erratic touchscreen issues. I run anything that taxes that GPU (like PL) and the touchscreen randomly detects input which I didn't register and goes haywire.

@JustG

I truly love the form factor and compact design of the Mini but I feel like it was outdated when it was released so how will it be able to live another year? Especially when playing games like AL/PL/SL/DL? Yes, it'll be able to handle them but I truly wish they made a Mini with a faster scaled down version of the A6 processor and put a better GPU in.

What I want is the mini due to the form factor but my brain tells me to just go with the iPad 4. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I'd recommend iPad 4. The mini doesn't feel as comfortable. There are some really slick galaxy tabs that run STS games well though.
    Last edited by Argyros; 06-21-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    I'd recommend neither, I'd go with nexus 7, over mini, and nexus 10 over iPad 4. But if you are a Apple guy if definitely go with the IPad 4. Mini does not feel as comfortable.
    I had the Nexus 7. Actually, I still have it but due to the problems listed above, I am fed up with the device. I had/have the Kindle Fire HD as well. That device also had many, many issues. Honestly, while they may be nice to use in the short run, I'd prefer reliability.

Nexus 10, I've heard also loses out to the iPad 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I had the Nexus 7. Actually, I still have it but due to the problems listed above, I am fed up with the device. I had/have the Kindle Fire HD as well. That device also had many, many issues. Honestly, while they may be nice to use in the short run, I'd prefer reliability.
    Kindle Fire shouldn't even qualify as an android tablet. I've owned 3 android tablets and I personally miss having one. If you get the right one and know how to utilize Android, it's better than any other alternative around.

Nexus 10, I've heard also loses out to the iPad 4.
    Did you hear that from CNet? Because definitely not true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg:1145833
    Mini rocks.
    At first I thought you meant "tiny rocks"

To Apollo,
    If you want a bigger screen, go for iPad4
    If you want more portability, go for ipad mini

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Personally, I'd go for the bigger iPad 4. So much more fun to consume general content on. The mini is just too small for my taste. It's probably cool to play games on but for browsing, reading documents with diagrams (or comics), watching movies... the iPad is so much more effective IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Do Mini You're used to around the 7-8 inch screen, right? I know other people, such as Mystical, are ALOT smarter than me, and have of course "better" opinions ._. But, you had the Kindle Fire HD, and the Nexus 7, which aren't the huge 10.1 inch or whatever sized screen. You might like the mini a little better since you're more used to the 7-8 inch screen, as Mini has I believe 7.9 inch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Do Mini You're used to around the 7-8 inch screen, right? I know other people, such as Mystical, are ALOT smarter than me, and have of course "better" opinions ._. But, you had the Kindle Fire HD, and the Nexus 7, which aren't the huge 10.1 inch or whatever sized screen. You might like the mini a little better since you're more used to the 7-8 inch screen, as Mini has I believe 7.9 inch.
    I used to do PvP on an iPad 2 before I gave it to my lil sister/Grandma (idk who has it now). I can adjust to both, just a matter of preference honestly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I'm kinda in the same dillema there parth, im looking at a new iPad soon to upgrade from my ipad1, i'm not sure if i want to get the ipad 4 or the mini >< i was thinking mini for portability and such, idk though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I, a fellow Apple fan, would go with the iPad 4. The only thing lacking would be software because the internals are top notch. With the ability to update within a few months, you'll have a working tablet for now, and a clean, fresh UI update within a matter of months. I often find that an issue of interest among Apple products - that's why I jailbreak. But with the upcoming update only within months, the decision should be easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It depends first of all on what you like big screen or little screen. I personally play on my iPod but I started playing on my iPad and recognized how big of a screen it could show compared to the iPod. The mini is good too but I think iPad 4 is good because of the bigger screen. Besides that besides some small things theres nothing much different from each other. Still your choice but that's my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    I'm kinda in the same dillema there parth, im looking at a new iPad soon to upgrade from my ipad1, i'm not sure if i want to get the ipad 4 or the mini >< i was thinking mini for portability and such, idk though
    Plus the mini is just oh-so much sexier!

I just don't want to be outdated within a few months.

What I think I'll do is buy an iPad 4 for now, then resell it if I see that I like the updates they've done to the Mini and then get a Mini.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I, a fellow Apple fan, would go with the iPad 4. The only thing lacking would be software because the internals are top notch.
    "Top notch" compared to other apple products maybe. 1.4 ghz dual core processor, 1 gig of RAM, and the SGX 554 (iirc) are not top notch internals by any means. Even the iPad's display has been out by the Nexus 10. .4" larger display and still a higher pixel density.