Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Economy in Recession??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    This is a great thread and I'm glad I found it. Lots of interesting ideas in here and I will mull over our options and post some of my ideas here and see what you guys think.

Thanks for all the feedback and sorry it took so long to read this.
    Sounds promising, looking forward on the ideas you developers will bring.
    AL IGN: Zweixii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I believe that farming on AL costs more than it's worth. I have just set aside Arcane Legends for now because I don't like the farming system at all. I understand STS likes trying somethings new, but sometimes new things aren't the best for the players. I don't like how you have to be a certain level to farm elite dungeons either. I do like the casual gameplay of Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends more.
    I would also like to inform everyone that our good friend, Thren (Lady_Pebbles), has been banned for giving her very useful, constructive criticism. She made some good points in her post and I don't see why she was banned for giving her positive insight on the issue. You can reach Thren (Lady_Pebbles) in-game or you can get the app called "Line Messenger" and PM me your name on there and I'll give it to Thren (Lady_Pebbles). Thanks for reading
    Kaytar

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaytar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

The biggest problem is that that people with over a million don't buy anything but mythics so poor people (like me ) never get that much money from merching.

If the rich people in the economy share their wealth we will all increase prices in auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

i agree with this one specific thing, the value of opening locked crates should be reduced to 75% (10 plats) and make it a random roll for all colors. in that sense the prices of pinks looted in game and from crates will start to increase overtime.. basically it will happen in the future as so many players like me got like 400 of them in stash waiting for the day this items will be valuable again.. well i hope so.. once this items are out and sold continuously the changes will start to take place little by little.

as for the pinks that will come out for the next cap and so so.. prices will be maintained and steady..

also.. running elite maps is ok regardless of how long it takes however as players say its not rewarding.. why:

1. Gold drop is pretty low to support your farming needs (potions..etc..)
    2. Rare Drops only comes out when using a re-roll elixir (99%) and sometimes with elixir re-roll gives you greens and purples which makes it 70% getting Pink. since pink also rolls per class and category it gives you 40% chance to get the pink your looking for. (very good example is noble gears)
    3. Getting a good party or fast party to run elites takes time when in fact this waiting time you already can earn the gold you need.
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 06-24-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Maybe make gear obtainable through quests? Like, some certain daily quests give a random item, with low chance at pinks. But good pinks. Since it's daily quest, it's more controlled since you can't do it more than once. Crates should either give gold or mythic or plat. No other items, so it isnt ruining the prices. Here, people can get a chance of getting mythic (should be really low) or get maybe around 10k gold, so its like a plat to gold conversion, but your getting less gold at the chance of getting mythic, without ruining pink prices. And gear can come from farming quests instead of farming in general. Here people will be more motivated to do quests, which actually have an objective, and will be getting more money from doing them. This will bring in more gold into the economy, prices will be will go up true, but since quests give items, prices go down too and it balances out?

Just some ideas, don't hurt me >...<

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    Crates should either give gold or mythic or plat. No other items, so it isnt ruining the prices. Here, people can get a chance of getting mythic (should be really low) or get maybe around 10k gold, so its like a plat to gold conversion, but your getting less gold at the chance of getting mythic, without ruining pink prices.
    I have to say this is a VERY GOOD idea. Let me expand on this a bit....

Imagine if each locked crate had 3 random items. Each of those 3 items had the following chances:

--90+% chance to get gold (maybe different amounts of gold, with a smaller amount like 1k being more common and a large amount being more rare, perhaps even a jackpot like 500k or 1m on rare occasion)

--3.33% chance of a pink item -- these would be the crate pinks or pet eggs like Orion (since there are 3 items per crate, this means 1 in 10 crates will give a pink item, yet it would be possible to get multiple pink items in a crate)

--very rare chance to get mythic (one-third of whatever the current percentage drop for mythic is -- remember there are 3 chances per crate, so if each chance is one-third of the current drop rate, then the chance of getting a mythic in a crate will be the same)

--arcane, same as above for mythic items.

I don't see the need to give plat rewards from crates. Players who open crates already have plat, and if they wanted plat they would just keep the plat they have and not open crates. They open the crates because they want to spend the plat for a chance at a good item (or maybe gold if there was a gold jackpot as I described above).

Lastly, there is no reason for purple items to come from crates. Nobody keeps these items, and they are just worthless. Just give gold instead.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I have to say this is a VERY GOOD idea. Let me expand on this a bit....

Imagine if each locked crate had 3 random items. Each of those 3 items had the following chances:

--90+% chance to get gold (maybe different amounts of gold, with a smaller amount like 1k being more common and a large amount being more rare, perhaps even a jackpot like 500k or 1m on rare occasion)

--3.33% chance of a pink item -- these would be the crate pinks or pet eggs like Orion (since there are 3 items per crate, this means 1 in 10 crates will give a pink item, yet it would be possible to get multiple pink items in a crate)

--very rare chance to get mythic (one-third of whatever the current percentage drop for mythic is -- remember there are 3 chances per crate, so if each chance is one-third of the current drop rate, then the chance of getting a mythic in a crate will be the same)

--arcane, same as above for mythic items.

I don't see the need to give plat rewards from crates. Players who open crates already have plat, and if they wanted plat they would just keep the plat they have and not open crates. They open the crates because they want to spend the plat for a chance at a good item (or maybe gold if there was a gold jackpot as I described above).

Lastly, there is no reason for purple items to come from crates. Nobody keeps these items, and they are just worthless. Just give gold instead.
    Agreed, more like of a lottery but without the expense of flooding the game with too much pinks. The only thing here is that the twinking gears.. I'm sure the twinks would have a take on this matter.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Agreed, more like of a lottery but without the expense of flooding the game with too much pinks. The only thing here is that the twinking gears.. I'm sure the twinks would have a take on this matter.
    I don't know. You can still have those pinks come in twinking levels. They'll just be a little more rare. No big deal there. With 1 being in every 10 crates that are opened, they will still be plenty available. They just won't be so common that they sell for 500 gold. They will have decent prices like the pinks that come in chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

This is a great thread and I'm glad I found it. Lots of interesting ideas in here and I will mull over our options and post some of my ideas here and see what you guys think.

Thanks for all the feedback and sorry it took so long to read this.
    Looking forward to it!
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I'm loving this thread - keep it up everyone this is the future of this game.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Perhaps a good option would be to introduce and, more importantly, discontinue gear at a more frequent pace.

For instance, this seasons, top end Noble sets could be replaced with a Lord's set (which would be similar or even identical in stats, but have a different appearance). After a few weeks/months, follow up with another replacement set, maybe an Odin's set. This way, the economy keeps churning to keep up with the new introductions. Also, it would allow the older, discontinued sets to increase in value for collectors, like the Founder sets have.

Another possibility, along the same line of thinking, is to introduce top-end weapons, all with the same stats, but with different Procs. So, for instance, the Bonechill Bow of Potency, with it's additional damage proc, could be replaced by the Odin's Recurve of Doom, which has +5% Crit Proc.

I don't think that this would have any negative impact on the economy, nor on player inventories. Essentially, it would be similar to the Sealord vs Demonlord thing. The stats are identical between the two sets, and it is more a matter of appearance. You also get the added benefit of a diversity in appearance for your toons without having to sacrifice stats.

I think three top end set introductions per season would really help to stimulate the economy. STS could also really engage it's user base in the same way as the Design the Banner contest. I suppose that we can't design every element in game due to hardware/memory limitations, which is why STS reuses the same 3D mesh objects, but at least one user designed set per season would be fun.

Plus, this would give the hardcore farmers and collectors something to look forward to, and something to buy/sell/trade. There isn't much point to having 5 Noble Doublets of Will unless you know that it's value will increase as soon as it is discontinued - because the way it stands now, the pricing of these items are in free-fall, so you are losing money holding onto them.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I love the idea of the changes to the crates and we're going to try it out this weekend.

No more Epics, only Legendaries.
    Not 100% drop chance on Legendaries anymore.
    Slightly higher drop chance on Mythics and Arcanes because you now get three rolls so in theory, you could get up to 3 Legendary, Mythic or Arcane items in one crate.
    Very high chance on Gold drops. Essentially you didn't get get Legendaries or Mythics/Arcanes? You got Gold instead (or possibly Plat, keeping Plat in there)

Also have another surprise for this weekend but I'll let Samhayne reveal that later.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I love the idea of the changes to the crates and we're going to try it out this weekend.

Slightly higher drop chance on Mythics and Arcanes because you now get three rolls so in theory, you could get up to 3 Legendary, Mythic or Arcane items in one crate.
    Very high chance on Gold drops. Essentially you didn't get get Legendaries or Mythics/Arcanes? You got Gold instead (or possibly Plat, keeping Plat in there)

Also have another surprise for this weekend but I'll let Samhayne reveal that later.
    OMG! You guys actually listened to players and did something about it?! Crazy! I'm soooo coming back to AL now. Can't wait to see wait the other surprise is, Thanks so much Swede, I'll never doubt you guys ever again!
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Oh nice, can you become dev for other games for a day too pl0x? It seems you like to reply and try and implement ideas mentioned lol xD

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

That is amazing. I am speechless. This is probably one of the BIGGEST changes that will overhaul the whole AL economy. Good move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hey does this mean the market price of crates is going to go up?

*looks at the 42 crates in his inventory with hope*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Yes, Yes and YESSSSS.

Time to buy all the bonechill gear XD jk
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

this is going to be interesting
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Yes, Yes and YESSSSS.

Time to buy all the bonechill gear XD jk
    I already did that lol.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    Hey does this mean the market price of crates is going to go up?

*looks at the 42 crates in his inventory with hope*
    I'll take those off your hands at 6K each!