Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Economy in Recession??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This assumes that no new players join the game. If the population of the game becomes fixed, then you are correct. But there are always new players coming and old players leaving, so there will always be players at the stage of their AL life where they can now afford the best pinks but cannot afford mythics. Or maybe they have 1 or 2 mythics, but the rest legendary. I spent half of the Nordr expansion using Noble "of Security" helm and armor as I could not yet afford mythic armor.

I realize some players just spend a ton of plat and are instantly rich, but for me it took 6 months of playing before I could afford multiple mythic items, and I play a lot more hours than most. So for those in that 2-3 month stage, they will be in the market for such gear.
    No it is not. In the past few seasons you could get a drop of the top legendary warrior armor in the first few days of the season and it would be worth 3-4m gold. The lvl26 squidfire rod of assault was worth 3m for a while when it first came out. I know this because i got these drops and this is how i made my gold. Not by merching. The list goes on of legendary gear that was worth millions when it first came out and was farmable (not from crates or chests). I am not talking about noble of security sorcerer gear, which although it was worth a decent amount of gold, it was not a big ticket item that was farmable and worth a ton of gold. No one is going to pay 3m for a top legendary staff anymore when the mythic gun is already cheaper and far better. No on is going to pay 3-4m for top legendary warrior armor when the mythic that is better is only slightly more expensive and ungradable. In my opinion the decision to have mythic and arcane gear he the top gear for several seasons has ruined the economy for gear that is not mythic or arcane. This has nothing to do with assumptions of whether or not new players join the game.

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I think what STS did with mythic and arcane items was a very smart business decision, and keeps this game going from a real life perspective. I just feel as though it has had a negative effect on those of us who don't enjoy opening crates with plat, and has put a serious damper on the market for farmable legendary gear.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 08-27-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    No it is not. In the past few seasons you could get a drop of the top legendary warrior armor in the first few days of the season and it would be worth 3-4m gold. The lvl26 squidfire rod of assault was worth 3m for a while when it first came out. I know this because i got these drops and this is how i made my gold. Not by merching. The list goes on of legendary gear that was worth millions when it first came out and was farmable (not from crates or chests). I am not talking about noble of security sorcerer gear, which although it was worth a decent amount of gold, it was not a big ticket item that was farmable and worth a ton of gold. No one is going to pay 3m for a top legendary staff anymore when the mythic gun is already cheaper and far better. No on is going to pay 3-4m for top legendary warrior armor when the mythic that is better is only slightly more expensive and ungradable. In my opinion the decision to have mythic and arcane gear he the top gear for several seasons has ruined the economy for gear that is not mythic or arcane. This has nothing to do with assumptions of whether or not new players join the game.
    To add to that... if I am saving for Mythic gear, I am not going to pay 5x as much for top level legendary gear. I'll pay the 1/5th and get the lesser legendary gear (for example L30). And continue saving.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I don't believe making Mythics upgrade is the issue. I think it's the "pay for the best" AL world we live in that is killing the market. Think about it, the best items are one credit card swoop away. The answer is to make the "best" pinks more comparable to golds and make them farmable only. Like Teeth, questionbly the best daggers and can only be farmed. Take that idea and greatly lower the drop rates. This has to be across the board though unlike the bows. Mythic bow, top right? well you could loss 4 points of damage if you simply spam crates for the New bow or Bonechill and be good. Think about the structure of every single weapon....Mountain Teeth of this...Mountain Teeth of that...Hammer of this... Hammer of that. One sux, the middle one is so so and there is a top. If every one held their one in some way, you'll make more money. Example, if the bottom version granted more HP than top and more Mana the middle or the top version granted more Damage and Crit then both but less of something else. This way the differance in price tags won't be as much and you can make gold off whichever one you loot. Switching gears, what the heck would a full Mythic player would have a need for in the new content? first X the weapons or make the level 36 versions farmable or roll them back out when you need another quick payday weekend (change the look if your going to do that). How about a farmable pet thats better the current ones that the mass would put AHEAD of Mali in there rotation? Being full Mythic, prevent me from getting bored by making me WORK for items I need...like a hot Pet, make the top weapons drop rarely and restructure the weapon system so we can make some gold from whichever one we loot. I mean who spends more time trying to sell the pinks they get than it took to loot them? *raises hand*
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 08-27-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I just think more Elite Pinks in general would help...

Part of what makes Elite Pinks less valuable is that they become a commodity - Once an item becomes a commodity and not a rare and sought after item, suddenly it's value declines since the only differentiation between the Elite Pink Daggers I'm selling and the Elite Pink Daggers someone else is selling is price.

As soon as price becomes the only differentiation between x and y (whatever x and y might be) you create a price battle among merchants... Eventually things stabilize at the willing & able point of connection between supply and demand - however... in an MMO you have infinite supply, and a finite amount of demand, thus causing the price to fall, fall, fall, fall, fall and you guessed it... fall.

I propose the following:

1) Make Elite blue gear (Epic) better than trash pink gear of the same level. Reduce the drop rate of Elite Blue gear.

2) In order to prevent the infinite supply problem - something needs to be put into place to allow for the liquidation of gear... perhaps a no-drop conversion of your items, where you can increase the stats slightly, however in doing so, you make it no-drop / no-trade. I would have gladly done so with the Mountain's Teeth of Brutality because my plan was to USE them, not sell them. In fact, I will probably give them away and I paid a LOT of gold for them when I bought them...

3) White, Green, and Blue items. I don't even know why we have them... just make it so that gold drops, so we can go buy our trash pinks. I very rarely come accross someone using white, green, or blue items - what was done last season to increase the viability of the blue / epic gear was smart... it just needs a little bit more of a push. It's too bad really - artists worked hard on developing different models for our toons with this gear and here we are liquidating it because it's pretty much as useful as a knifein a gunfight.

Anyway - My thoughts are with regards to the infinite supply... that seems to be the biggest issue with the AL economy, and is why Eggs hold their value so well. Once someone buys and egg, typically they're going to open it and that's that.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

That's cool, Energizic, but I'm still not going to waste my time playing that much. I have a lot of reading to do and I'm not getting any younger. So I'm fine with pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

with the number of views and responses related to this topic alone, I would recommend STS to create a new game, Economics Legends.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronMonkey For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    with the number of views and responses related to this topic alone, I would recommend STS to create a new game, Economics Legends.
    Platinum Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Economy That Is Controlled By Plats And Merchers Legends

pay me please for the title name...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with some people here, that the mythics are just overpriced, and the people selling them are just greedy, although I think the reason why they price it so high is because they wanna get their money's worth. Imagine one elite dude who spends countless of plat in order to get one mythc item, in hopes of selling it in the cs. And also, like what other people are saying here, STS should raise the gains of gold in areas and even from missions. Just doing the 3 daily missions in Shuyal rewards me with oblt about 2300 gold. And for what, killing 20 shadowmancers, collecting 20 bone fragments, and even collecting dead lanterns?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another thing that I noticed is the way STS abuses their platinum. STS must be very desperate to get money put of the people so they make things that are only accesible vie platinum. And because of that te value of gold is slowly depleting because Platinum is the one thats shaping the econonmy of AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diego1marcus View Post
    I agree with some people here, that the mythics are just overpriced,
    If you'd have said this last August it might have had some legitimacy. The mythic are NOT overpriced now.

Sts is a company with employees. If the company does not make money, the employees don't have jobs. Don't be so selfish. If you don't want to dish out money or work your butt off, be happy with legendary like a lot of people are.

I would like to live where you do where everything is free.

Btw, last post was 8/29/2013.
    Last edited by Rare; 02-16-2014 at 05:06 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I couldnt read everything lol too much. But at this point I think a lot of people r trying to liquidate or put money into things like locks. So economy is bad atm as it should be. The lvl 31 and 36 best items that rnt good at 41 will be near worthless bc so many out there and prob not to many twinks at that lvls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Well........now all prices are crashing like hell, nothing is sold, nothing is farmed except lockeds and eggs.....the economy is stale. And also, farming ain't really viable here in al. Dude, just try playing in elite nordor/shyual with random pugs (sorry but aka noobs) with legendary gear? You'll just get screwed. Now I don't even do runs enless I'm with guild mates, with the exception of jarl crate farming and malison runs.
    And seeing mythics not sell at all or being not worthy is just sad. We also need some middle good items for us to farm, or how can we work our way to mythics? Sts should also raise the price of crate gear......or make em worse-low end items. Nice items selling at 300gold Is just horrible. With nice gear being so cheap, other legendary gear hold no value at all except the elite items....which aren't so "elite" at all. And merching doesn't work well when u have to undercut like a maniac so get ur items sold.
    Now, it's no items farmed, no items sold, and no items bought.
    P.S the introduction to archon rings were really a move in the right direction, it we be nice to make more items like That and also make other versions of elite gear more viable, such as one version gives high dmg, other adds high dex and crit, others add a lot of health, so we won't be depressed when the loot the crap version of an elite item.
    I also hope the new expansion will make farming more viable.
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Necro necro necro :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Lol this topic again. Same thing is happening as when the topic was originally made. A new expansion is coming out and people are saving their gold for new items and not buying old stuff. Worst time to be a seller but best to be a collector. Lots of old discontinued stuff goes for cheap this time of season. I love it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Also, this was never an issue in Pocket Legends at Level 66/71/76 cap where you needed 100k XP to cap. Players kept buying end game pink gear right up until the next expansion. Even then when the price dropped because an abundance of old gear being sold, the items were easy to sell for the lowered price. The reason is these items were still relatively rare. There were not so many of them that nobody needed them. They were scarce enough so that there were still players who needed them.
    Although in Pocket Legends maximum level is 76(almost 2 years) people still buy items and those legendary items cost alot.
    In Pocket Legends I can farm items on maps. In Arcane Legends my only choice is to spend tons of platinum to open Locked Crates.
    And I have question that STS can't answer. What about mythics l.36? I was have a break in game. I got money, but I don't know if I buy l.26 mythic helm and l.31 mythic armor I make a mistake...
    Last edited by gibol1412; 02-17-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    You sir and yourcomment cracks me up! Foundation being laid right here

I like how STS might intervene and do something when extremely necessary, but I think such move will hurt the game more than we think or predict.

economy legends loooooooooooooooooL
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree