Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Economy in Recession??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

BTW, I keep hearing people divide players into "mythic" and "non-mythic". But there are indeed lots of in betweens as well. For example, some players have one or two mythic items, but that's it. For some reason everyone assumes that players who have mythic items must spend thousands of plat every week and get as many mythic items as they want. While there are a few players who do this, the majority of players who have mythic items did not loot them, but instead purchased them with gold that they farmed for.

In seasons 1-3, there were plenty of ways to farm and make lots of gold. During this period the economy was moving quite well, so merching was also a good way to make money.

For myself, I managed to make all of my money from merching and farming, and I spent it all on a mythic helm, armor & gun, and hammerjaw egg. I kept saving and was able to buy one of these items every month. The last one I bought was Hammerjaw about a month ago. But since then, because of the problems discussed in this thread, I've not been able to save up any more money to get the next item on my list which was the mythic ring. I also don't have a mythic amulet, and it seems as though there is no way for me to save up enough money to get either of those items before the next expansion as there is no way for me to really make money. A month ago I was able to make 100-200k per day merching. Now I am lucky if I can make 10k per day merching. At that rate it would take me 3-4 months to save up enough for a mythic ring. And as for farming, that seems useless all together. I've tried farming, and other than farming jarl for crates, there doesn't seem to be any other farming that is worth my time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Bring back jarl please.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Free bump. Don't want to see this thread disappear as I agree with a lot of what here and think Deva need to hear it. @shadow gun, the reason we are not quitting or moving to another mmo is because we don't want to see a good game (let alone a good company) go to ruins because sts is listening a bit less. I member in pl if someone had a good idea the Devs would take it into advice and about 50% of the time if it was good it went into the game. Here we have been giving feed back, making suggestions, and think expressing our concerns to no avail. Me as a average long time player, hates to see this happening and would prefer to help get sts back on track before abandoning it
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

First of all, STS have to learn to life with criticism, it's not the right way to delete all critique Posts!

And yes, i agree with a lot, i can read here.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bullox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

@Energizeric - I completely agree! This weekend, I worked hard on merching, and was just barely able to clear 100K. This is with me logging in to buy and sell pretty much all day over this weekend. Many of my listings expired without sale, which is weird, because I thought that I was grossly undercutting myself.

I used to be able to clear 50k a day easily with a quarter the effort. I'm not sure if the population is simply stagnating, but it seems that inventory turnover is slowing down significantly. This season, the most popular item for me has been Incandescent Blades, mostly because of the high turnover and low risk (albeit with relatively low margins) , but even these items seem to have died in popularity.

It seems that there are periods of high activity, such as when the Gladiator Arena was first introduced, but with all the Noble drops, what was initially an easy 20-40k in profit turned into 50k losses overnight. Frankly, while I like the idea of top end gear being readily available - I simply cannot justify how the best lv30 armor is going for mid 30's to 40k. A few short weeks ago, these were 200k. I bought two Noble Doublets of Will for 19k each, and resold them at 30k. Not much profit in a time where pricing is a race to the bottom.

At least some of the lv31 gear is holding some value. Either that, or people are hoarding them in hopes that prices will rise again.

I am going to continue merching, but not with the fervor of this weekend. The effort is not worth the proceeds. I hope that when the next cap comes out, our high volume spenders return and drive the economy back up.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Being the casual non-plat player, it's impossible to make money anymore. I spend several hours a day farming, elites, and any map i might find an egg. It's all pointless for the measly what 50-60k (on a good day).. I may make every 2 days. It kind of pisses me off I spend all this time for what? Im at lvl 31, and theres no longer any reason to play the game. I can't make any money to get the better gear (mythic/Arcane), I can't sell of any decent gear I have to make more as no one is spending.. and it sucks. In order for me to to get any better gear.. I need to somehow amass 20-30 million.. So I'm going to farm for an average of 30-40k a day for 5-6 hours a day. for the next 500 days?

Sorry angry rant of the average player..

CAEINFRE • [Kings of Kaos]

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DVN718 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All this talk about the supply/demand curve is silly. Yes, you have the demand but the supply is pretty infinite. The problem is that there is a sink for gold (pets feed/potions/CS) but there is no sink for gears. Unless someone quit and delete their legendary gears, everything ends up back in the economy. I have never deleted a single piece of equipment on any of my characters. They have all gone back into the economy. Why buy lower gear (green/blue/cheap legendaries) when you know eventually prices will drop when the market will get flooded with stuff from crates and players liquidizing their old stuff. With new legendaries coming in from crates/chest/arena and old stuff never going away, supply will keep increasing while demands will go down. Except for the few mythic/arcane items, and even demands for those are going down. The only people who can afford to buy at those prices are people who are selling them in the first place. Until gears are BIND ON USE which forces people to destroy some items, supply will always exceed demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

STS deletes the thread if it is just a rant and complaint. You need to make suggestions which address the issue. Just complaining about it is not constructive. And in your suggestions, try to respect that STS has to make a profit on the game. So for example, suggesting that they just eliminate the locked crates is not constructive. Suggesting that they change the locked crates is a much better way to go about it. I've never had one of my threads deleted.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illego View Post
    All this talk about the supply/demand curve is silly. Yes, you have the demand but the supply is pretty infinite. The problem is that there is a sink for gold (pets feed/potions/CS) but there is no sink for gears. Unless someone quit and delete their legendary gears, everything ends up back in the economy. I have never deleted a single piece of equipment on any of my characters. They have all gone back into the economy. Why buy lower gear (green/blue/cheap legendaries) when you know eventually prices will drop when the market will get flooded with stuff from crates and players liquidizing their old stuff. With new legendaries coming in from crates/chest/arena and old stuff never going away, supply will keep increasing while demands will go down. Except for the few mythic/arcane items, and even demands for those are going down. The only people who can afford to buy at those prices are people who are selling them in the first place. Until gears are BIND ON USE which forces people to destroy some items, supply will always exceed demand.
    I agree with that. Items are keep coming and there is no end of them, but merchants are hoarding items and trying to keep prices on the same level these items were introduced. Hence less trades.
    Economy in AL is FINE. The main issue is: you play game, you run maps, farm, but you don't gain anything. Top items should be farmable and not in crates/chests/hardly relying on loot reroll. Maps should be easier and take time and some strategy, and not annoy people with one hit-kill.
    Time spent in game should be rewarded, if you work (farm) - you earn.
    Flooding economy with gold will only encourage merchants, not middle class/casual AL player.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtst For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Snap, I guess I don't have to share my thoughts... they're already here 10x over. I have to leave before I run out of thanks...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

This is a great thread and I'm glad I found it. Lots of interesting ideas in here and I will mull over our options and post some of my ideas here and see what you guys think.

Thanks for all the feedback and sorry it took so long to read this.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    This is a great thread and I'm glad I found it. Lots of interesting ideas in here and I will mull over our options and post some of my ideas here and see what you guys think.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.. There are a lot of us that really enjoy playing the game but have been greatly disappointed recently in the failures within the in game economy.

CAEINFRE • [Kings of Kaos]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

and sorry it took so long to read this.
    It was 4 pages of posts, with an essay in each one.

You don't have to be sorry d:

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Since the Leprechaun amulet came into play, the price of locked crates really lowered a ton. Was it a good idea?? :/ now people who first play AL can't even survive without having more then 100k. No one is really buying locked crates anymore. This is terrible.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

implementing PL's game joining system like aedenos suggested here..http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Party-System would make it easier for us to pug. The only true fix for the economy problem is to do away with converting plat to gold and reducing the amount of gold sinks in game. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. The main benefit of having a pink in every chest is it makes good gear available really cheap. I have no mythics or arcanes (I run pvp and pve with bonechill and purple ring and amulet) but can still play the game well with a set that costs less than 100k. This is good because I am not going to spend time trying to farm gear because it's virtually impossible to get a good group together. The magic of farming we had in PL is totally absent in AL.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    implementing PL's game joining system like aedenos suggested here..http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Party-System would make it easier for us to pug. The only true fix for the economy problem is to do away with converting plat to gold and reducing the amount of gold sinks in game. I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. The main benefit of having a pink in every chest is it makes good gear available really cheap. I have no mythics or arcanes (I run pvp and pve with bonechill and purple ring and amulet) but can still play the game well with a set that costs less than 100k. This is good because I am not going to spend time trying to farm gear because it's virtually impossible to get a good group together. The magic of farming we had in PL is totally absent in AL.
    Agreed, the PUG system is lacking. I dont wanna sit in watchers tolb looking for a team if i wanna grind to 20 i want to be able to search for a almost full game and join. Its how i use my dailys in PL. This is what turns me away from it. When i do play for a little on an xp elixir from klaas i got a few eggs but hatched em cause so expensive to list in AH lol!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DVN718 View Post
    Being the casual non-plat player, it's impossible to make money anymore. I spend several hours a day farming, elites, and any map i might find an egg. It's all pointless for the measly what 50-60k (on a good day).. I may make every 2 days. It kind of pisses me off I spend all this time for what? Im at lvl 31, and theres no longer any reason to play the game. I can't make any money to get the better gear (mythic/Arcane), I can't sell of any decent gear I have to make more as no one is spending.. and it sucks. In order for me to to get any better gear.. I need to somehow amass 20-30 million.. So I'm going to farm for an average of 30-40k a day for 5-6 hours a day. for the next 500 days?

Sorry angry rant of the average player..
    Yes bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Temarichan View Post
    Since the Leprechaun amulet came into play, the price of locked crates really lowered a ton. Was it a good idea?? :/ now people who first play AL can't even survive without having more then 100k. No one is really buying locked crates anymore. This is terrible.
    That really should say something about the state of farming

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I highly doubt you guys will actually do something about this but if you do....I might come back to AL. Even though I spent away 400k gold and 500 platinum on stupid stuff since I was quitting forever anyways lol, but I would appreciate if something about this does happen.
    -Skull's second last post lol ( it will make sense if you read my first post on this thread. )
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

You are exactly right