Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Economy in Recession??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Bottomline: There's no fun at all when you are farming now, unless you're a mythic player. The economic issue address only the rich players, their items arent bought, now its an issue. Where do the average players comes in? Oh yeah, quit or buy some plat and open crates, hoping to become instant millionaire.

Enough with the economics, simply put, the element of fun is missing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Fact of the matter is, the game isn't fun to actually play.
    Yes, if you don't enjoy playing the game, no amount of small tinkering with the economy is going to help that. I suggest you find a game you enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoic View Post
    Bottomline: There's no fun at all when you are farming now, unless you're a mythic player. The economic issue address only the rich players, their items arent bought, now its an issue. Where do the average players comes in? Oh yeah, quit or buy some plat and open crates, hoping to become instant millionaire.

Enough with the economics, simply put, the element of fun is missing.
    It's no fun farming for anyone. I'm a mythic player and I don't ever farm. There's no way to earn any money by farming even for a mythic player. I don't see why the gear that you have on your back would make it more or less fun. I still die constantly if I try to do elite farming, and the rewards are not there to make it worthwhile.

I think you would have more fun if the items you got as drops were actually worth a nice amount of gold. Maybe then you could become a mythic player.

You know, I never got any mythic items from opening crates or from buying gold for plat. I farmed, did some merching, saved my money, and bought the mythic items. In the current economy that is pretty much impossible to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, the solution is to increase gold drops and gold from quests. Then these mid range players will have more gold. For example, in Pocket Legends you can farm the dungeons in AO3 and get over 1k gold for a single run that takes less than 5 minutes. Spend an hour there and you'll have 10k. I'm not talking about 10k worth of items that you then hope you can sell. I'm talking about 10k of actual gold. That is what we need here.
    This is the problem with this game, everything in this game is a gold sink/drain. Pots, over 700 gold every 15 min to feed your stupid pet, auction house fees. The list goes on. I don't really see how there can possibly be any net influx of gold into the game without plat to gold conversion or the small amount of gold found in crates. 7 gold for liquidating junk greens and purples, the occasional one or two gold prices from killing an enemy, the goldmine of 10-20 gold dropped from bosses and some chests, and don't forget the 100 or 200 gold reward from quests. There is no way this can even begin to compensate for just feeding your pet, lmao. I think this is the crux of the problem. There is not enough new gold being generated in the game.

In seasons one and two, there were not crates yet. There were not expensive mythic pets or luck amulets. There was really not much to spend plat on other than plat to gold conversion. Also back then some of the top gear cost only a couple hundred thousand gold. It seemed pretty reasonable to spend a couple hundred plat to get the gold for top gear. I think as a result plat to gold conversion really fueled the economy and infused gold into the economy.

Fast forward to season two with the introduction of crates. There was now something else to spend plat on and it was really attractive. Not only was there the addictive gambling side of it, but there was also the possibility of making millions of gold by just opening a few crates. Plus by season three top gear started to cost millions of gold. So now why would anyone waste a few hundred plat to get a few hundred measly gold pieces when they could open 20-30 crates and become an instant multimillionaire? The plat to gold conversion no longer seemed like a good deal and the attraction of the crates was too strong. This likely killed plat to gold conversion use and crippled the influx of new gold into the game.

So fast forward to the current state of things. There is a limited amount of gold in the game due to poor gold generation that only a few really successful players have strategically monopolized. They have no need to buy any more gear as they have all they need, unless they see a really good deal that they think they can make gold on merching. The majority of other players have very little gold and no good way to make gold. As a result, people stop buying items, which now sit in the auction house, and prices plummet. Add a few other things into the mix, such as the elite mines and the arena which rains noble gear, and prices plummet even further. As energizeric mentioned, this decline seems much more severe that that I have seen towards the end of previous seasons either here in al or in pl. Sure prices tend to plummet a few days before a new expansion, but the new expansion has not even been announced yet. I just hope that this is not the end of this game, but in am very worried....

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So, here's my take.

1. Gold needs to drop from chests.
    2. Gold from mobs needs to increase, I get the say 3 gold from a lvl 31 mob that I did from a lvl 1...
    3. Item stats need to be fixed. Elite green lvl 31 should be at least a little better than Elite pink lvl 26 (previous cap). Purple a little better, pink a little better than that. Right now, it's jump to the next pink or keep old crap because it's better than anything new.
    4. Regular pinks should be worth something, right now it's elite pink or mythic. If you fix the stat spread then even regular pinks could be considered useful (maybe around what elite purple is).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Even though I'm a lvl31 warrior with the best legendary items available, which I've spend probably nearly 2 million gold on, I rarely visit Nordr (let alone the any of the elite levels) because to me the one-hit-kills by bosses and the darn ice patches frustrate the hell out of me, on top of having to drink gallons of potions, then when I have managed to defeat a top level boss it seems a bit of an insult to be rewarded with an item that can't be sold in the market because nobody wants it and is only worth a fiew pieces of gold when liquidating it.

I get most of my gold through solo farming the early levels with the Leprechaun Amulet for rerolls (crates, chests, eggs) and doing the dailies for the (tiny amount of) gold and the occasional egg to sell - I'm not making that much really and some days I wonder why the hell I'm playing it because I can't see myself being able to afford the millions of gold required to buy mythic or arcane weapons/armour.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chaim Nail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think most of us agree here on some of the issues that plague the game. Let's wait for a developer to respond to this thread. I really would like to know if they have any plans to try to fix any of these problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im one of those non-plat users that is gravely affected by this crisis. We were forced to do run elite RK or km3 because we think malison & nexus were only good to sell nowadays but thats not the sad part. Because of the Leprechaun amulet, players decided to hunt them instead buying the egg. So in the end we settled for the best source of income--and that is crates, in which this where all starts the turmoil. No wonder the economy is messed.

All i can say increase the gold drop rate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DebbieMoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm...

Potions are a problem, I find it hard to find a good team to run with, so I often run alone.
    I abandoned my sorcerer today and started a warrior, at Level 15 now.
    If I'm solo, I can use 100 potions in a level, no problem, mostly at the boss.

Gear is cheap, for 25 plat I can buy 25k gold, I can kit out any class, and almost any level in good legendary gear for that, and still have some left over.

Auction fees are insane, to list an item for 75k today, it cost me 3800 gold.
    That's charged before it sells, not once somebody has bought it. So with nobody buying higher priced items at the moment (mainly due to them only being slightly better than the cheaper ones) I can end up spending 12k in relist fees just to sell it.

The auction house is flooded with copper, silver & gold chests, for cheap.
    Why ? Because they contain 3 useless items that aren't even worth opening, they just clog up your inventory.
    Just have one item per chest, I'm sick of opening them and deleting all the crap.

Feeding a pet with gold ? Why ? Why can't we get some kind of food drops from chests & barrels in levels, instead of these junk greens and whites that we can sell for 7 gold each.

Another thing is, I'm sick of people who can't speak any English, it's too hard to communicate when you're trying to establish a role in a level or a trade. Why is there only one server ?

Most of this has been mentioned I know, but there are some serious things that need to be addressed if you want this game to be as successful at getting people to spend money in as Order & Chaos or Clash of Clans.
    You know Clash of Clans is making 1.3 million USD per day, and that's just the developers cut.

You need to look after your serious players, the people who spend money.
    I've spent what I consider to be a decent wad of cash on this game, but I'm getting to the point now where I can't be bothered paying if devs can't be bothered listening.

People like Energizeric who posted, have been playing pocket legends for years, and now Arcane.
    You can bet they've spent a ton of money, and they don't get listened to.
    I've seen so many good posts by Energizeric with brilliant solutions to issues, and do they ever get implemented ? Like hell they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I really hope that some STS developers would read that thread and have internal discussion about th problem.. I just suggest that they could increase items liquidation price with th following formula: (current price + lowest cs fee) * item level * item rarity level
    Farming gold would be an option and more people would have fun from the drops again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

With the current situation as it is right now, the incentives for playing are very scarce. Playing difficult elite maps for lousy drops, merching (which right now is just as hard), and just pvping are really the main choices. The game is designed to have fun gameplay, not to have them be tedious and strenuous. Hopefully these issued will be resolved over the course of the next seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, if you don't enjoy playing the game, no amount of small tinkering with the economy is going to help that. I suggest you find a game you enjoy.
    And I'll suggest the same to you

Unfortunately, I personally have invested a lot of money into this game, so I'll continue to suggest fixing the actual problems we are facing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 06-23-2013 at 06:51 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    With the current situation as it is right now, the incentives for playing are very scarce. Playing difficult elite maps for lousy drops, merching (which right now is just as hard), and just pvping are really the main choices. The game is designed to have fun gameplay, not to have them be tedious and strenuous. Hopefully these issued will be resolved over the course of the next seasons.
    Yes, myself I've been spending most of my time in PvP/CTF. In the past (and in PL) I always enjoyed PvE far more than PvP, and I had tons of fun merching. But lately I rarely do either of those anymore because there is no benefit and just time wasted.

Lady_Pebbles

This game is like any mmo. The fun is in the gameplay experience players look for; PvPers farm for their PvP gear & PvP. Merchs farm for stuff to merch. Hoarders/Collectors hoard items they want for their collections. Casual players play from time-to-time, try to farm & PvP when they can.

Farming is the only way to make any type of game currency on any game for those who can't afford to dish out some real money. Farming in AL costs more than it rewards. Its the root of all these problems in the AL economy. When you make farming unrewarding it becomes boring. THATS when every other aspect of the game suffers. It causes a domino effect.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

After reading all these responses and the whole thread about 3 times, I've decided to quit. No, I'm not joking at all, I already spent all my platinum ( 400 ) on opening crates just for the fun of it, Heck, I HATE gambling and rarely ever do it. Only left 100k on my character now with no gear at all ( just in case. ) I don't know if I should quit gaming in general or look for new mmorpg games to play. I might even start playing Pocket Legends. ( It always was my favorite. ) And if you guys can't tell, this is a problem for the players, but the exact OPPOSITE for STS. They're making so much money no way because of AL being so plat based now there is now they will respond to us, and if they do...It will be just to tell us another lousy excuse like they need to pay for their families. Is this a joke??? I'm sure they have millions and millions of dollars, how could they not even be able to pay for their families. This thread will probably be locked soon but what can we do about it? STS couldn't be anymore happier with all the money they're making and don't give a rat's A** about us players. Hopefully all the big-time platinum spenders will stop buying platinum and STS will notice the players want a game they could relax and have fun on. Hopefully I'll see you all later but for now, Adios amigos. ( Goodbye my friends. )
    -Skull's final post on the AL forums.
    BUYING A NEW SIGNATURE PIC - PM ME!
    READ ME TO RE-SPARK POCKET LEGENDS!
    Click Me! Or Click Me! Or Click Both!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I like Rogueulator's points. I'm writing this off the top of my head so feel free to correct me or add anything -

There are some game mechanics that I assume to be the work of devs trying to balance out the situation :

1) Elite farming : It seems the more dmg you deal to bosses compared to others in the party, the less likely u r to get eggs/high value chests. There's a certain ratio, I won't say what - u can get a feel of it. For eg, Put one full mythic in a party with part-mythics or nice legendaries and see who score high value pinks every other run, and how often. Like firesquids, elite golds and mali/kettles. If True is the full beast in the party she can farm 2 hours and get an elite copper at best while everyone else gets the good stuff. The only time she's gotten anything good during these type of runs was when I had to take my hands off the keys for work mid-boss, lol. This is also the secret to "good luck with drops" for my mage.. scaling back the damage. Totally no incentive to upgrade his equip. When I wanna help my friends out I jump on my rogue, when I wanna farm I jump on my mage coz I don't like nerfing True (that, or True has to run with the arcanes and mythic groups). But as you can imagine u can't expect players to help out all the time. It's nice to think about but in reality most people will just want something for themselves.

2) Crates : Introduction of "chance" to get gold/plat per crate. The idea of a guaranteed min legendary per crate seems nice, everyone gets it whether you are "rich" or "poor".

Here are the problems I see with these 2 things :

1) Incentive for mythic/arcane players to hang out only with each other, and no real incentive for mid-geared players to upgrade. It also puts them at a clear social disadvantage - almost like they'd have to beg a mythic to join them just so they get any real mileage out of farming. So the "elite" will get more "elite", and soon u will have an underclass that's treated like a leper colony.

2) Useful items priced too high or too low - again, no incentive for mid-geared players to upgrade. Give u an example. Mages. We all know what happened to the noble gear. What about weps? Well after the 3-500k price bracket, comes the 1 mill price bracket. Fair 'nuff. But the next bracket is in the 8-10m range and its stats alpha-destroys. Gets worse with the warrior and rogue. Few, if anything, falls in mid-range. That's why the economy is going to the dogs imho, players are falling through that wide gaping canyon and there is no bridge. Like devs kinda jumped to mythics and arcanes straightaway. It was a good idea but now there's not enough gold to go around for this reason. The prices tell u how the gold circulates, and whose hands it ends up in. And just like in RL, the gold remains there due to greed for power over others.

Translation : Fast-increasing rich and poor divide. Inflation of prices. Hoarding. Stuff not selling. Difficulty for merches - items either too high end or too low end. "Vintage" market frozen - players with the gold are buying them up now and u know what that means for the future....

So if anything, I'd advise devs to think about making a good bridge. Pumping gold back into the economy is not a solution, it's a stall for time. The over-reliance on crates seems unlikely to change, sts I do see u've made some nice tweaks and took up some suggestions (albeit a bit clumsily), thank you, but again I'd caution u not to opt for short-term profit over long-term gains.. even though it looks good on paper right now. I've a few solutions in mind and many players probably do too but y'know, I think our patronage and feedback as players should be enough.. let's just leave it at this and hope those who get paid to do the job connects with us here on the ground ;-)

Allow me to move away from topic for a mo to say....

ps. To my peers who can afford the mythics and arcanes - "The things you own end up owning you." The recession may make you feel like you gotta cling to whatever gold/items/rich friends you have, and do more for yourself and less for others, but imho that's really what is ruining the fun. Many of u tell me u're bored. But you tend to keep to yourselves a lot, stay in a bubble, and don't wanna associate with others who are less well off than u / much newer to the game.. Newbies are different from noobs. Personally I'm having way more fun mingling outside of the "elite" group and helping out. And there r some amazing players who remain twinks coz endgame looks like a mess (it is). One day, any of these people I mentioned can be "elite" too - that means more friends! ik u miss top players who have left the game, but, if I may be so bold as to suggest this, try to focus on what u can gain rather than what u have lost. When we can find it in ourselves to cross (self-imposed) social boundaries, things can remain very fluid, interesting. Like water ("be like water my friend" - I love how the guy says it ^_^) And the "recession" doesn't have to be so painful for everyone - hell it doesn't have to hurt. Very liberating, come try it! U have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    Last edited by Origin; 06-23-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    After reading all these responses and the whole thread about 3 times, I've decided to quit. No, I'm not joking at all, I already spent all my platinum ( 400 ) on opening crates just for the fun of it, Heck, I HATE gambling and rarely ever do it. Only left 100k on my character now with no gear at all ( just in case. ) I don't know if I should quit gaming in general or look for new mmorpg games to play. I might even start playing Pocket Legends. ( It always was my favorite. ) And if you guys can't tell, this is a problem for the players, but the exact OPPOSITE for STS. They're making so much money no way because of AL being so plat based now there is now they will respond to us, and if they do...It will be just to tell us another lousy excuse like they need to pay for their families. Is this a joke??? I'm sure they have millions and millions of dollars, how could they not even be able to pay for their families. This thread will probably be locked soon but what can we do about it? STS couldn't be anymore happier with all the money they're making and don't give a rat's A** about us players. Hopefully all the big-time platinum spenders will stop buying platinum and STS will notice the players want a game they could relax and have fun on. Hopefully I'll see you all later but for now, Adios amigos. ( Goodbye my friends. )
    Hey buddy, sorry to hear but at the same time am happy for ya that u can let the game go :-) Like many others I miss the casual aspect. Look forward to joining u soon, when my work here is done! ^_^v

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Origin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Lol. like these responds wont shake STS. ppl r still buying plats thats y sts r not caring.
    Btw instead of making futile suggestion or arguing here better play PL or SL. or find other MMORPG.
    u all r wasting time here. rofl.
    i quit 2months ago lol. nd currently on SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkullCrusher View Post
    After reading all these responses and the whole thread about 3 times, I've decided to quit. No, I'm not joking at all, I already spent all my platinum ( 400 ) on opening crates just for the fun of it, Heck, I HATE gambling and rarely ever do it. Only left 100k on my character now with no gear at all ( just in case. ) I don't know if I should quit gaming in general or look for new mmorpg games to play. I might even start playing Pocket Legends. ( It always was my favorite. ) And if you guys can't tell, this is a problem for the players, but the exact OPPOSITE for STS. They're making so much money no way because of AL being so plat based now there is now they will respond to us, and if they do...It will be just to tell us another lousy excuse like they need to pay for their families. Is this a jokesam??? I'm sure they have millions and millions of dollars, how could they not even be able to pay for their families. This thread will probably be locked soon but what can we do about it? STS couldn't be anymore happier with all the money they're making and don't give a rat's A** about us players. Hopefully all the big-time platinum spenders will stop buying platinum and STS will notice the players want a game they could relax and have fun on. Hopefully I'll see you all later but for now, Adios amigos. ( Goodbye my friends. )
    same for me bro. after grinding for days i got nothing any valuable which frustrated me. bt i realised that game is only for fun nd to hav relax bt this game gav me frustration only. so i quit long ago. Hasta la Vista amigo.
    Buena Suerte :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

i agree mostly with lady and ener, and aedenos on the party matter. The prime issue is that farming costs more than it rewards if u look at it in the long run.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles