Thread: Transition from wifi to 3g, or 3g tower to tower?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Transition from wifi to 3g, or 3g tower to tower?

This morning I was in a decent group in Ao3 (first level). This being my first time in the zone my early impresson is that the trash has a LOT more health than Ao2. Group moving along slowly, get to the boss on the left and accidentally pull him (another tank kicked into him). Things are under controll, he kills me once with some sick spike damage.. seriously nothing hit me for 30 seconds of tanking, then BAM dead. Im cool with it, the mage rezzes and we roll the boss.

Time to go to work comes around and I ask the group if its cool if I sit at zone in while they kill so I can get credit for the zone and go onto the 2nd one later. They are all cool with it. I decided to do something I NEVER DO. On my drive to work I keep up with the group debuffing and autoattacking on the clear to boss #2 (I move at stop lights, not while actually driving).

I pull out of my driveway leaving my wifi, and my screen freezes. I thought they were standing at the boss doing nothing and waiting, but then I figured it out. I log back in on 3g, and get back with the group. Then halfway through the boss fight I get mad lag, like 20k ping. I realize I am just switching cell towers and it is soon gone. I get to work and help the group kill the boss, no thanks to 2 warriors in the group who kept kicking the boss all over the room, and diddnt know how to corner.

Is there a way for the game to go from wifi to 3g, and switch 3g towers without massive lag? Is this a limmitation to the Iphone (4), or just an unforseen flaw in the PL code?
    Stratospaly 47 Tanking Warrior
    (someone took the Stratos name)

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stratospaly View Post
    This morning I was in a decent group in Ao3 (first level). This being my first time in the zone my early impresson is that the trash has a LOT more health than Ao2. Group moving along slowly, get to the boss on the left and accidentally pull him (another tank kicked into him). Things are under controll, he kills me once with some sick spike damage.. seriously nothing hit me for 30 seconds of tanking, then BAM dead. Im cool with it, the mage rezzes and we roll the boss.

Time to go to work comes around and I ask the group if its cool if I sit at zone in while they kill so I can get credit for the zone and go onto the 2nd one later. They are all cool with it. I decided to do something I NEVER DO. On my drive to work I keep up with the group debuffing and autoattacking on the clear to boss #2 (I move at stop lights, not while actually driving).

I pull out of my driveway leaving my wifi, and my screen freezes. I thought they were standing at the boss doing nothing and waiting, but then I figured it out. I log back in on 3g, and get back with the group. Then halfway through the boss fight I get mad lag, like 20k ping. I realize I am just switching cell towers and it is soon gone. I get to work and help the group kill the boss, no thanks to 2 warriors in the group who kept kicking the boss all over the room, and diddnt know how to corner.

Is there a way for the game to go from wifi to 3g, and switch 3g towers without massive lag? Is this a limmitation to the Iphone (4), or just an unforseen flaw in the PL code?
    First off, SMACK!. Don't DRIVE AND PL!!!!. EVER!.
    OK, that out of the way, I was a PASSENGER in a car on a road trip, and was on an iPhone (4) just fine with 3G, constantly switching towers. Only issue was when it switched to Edge. PL no like Edge.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?