Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 90s Hauntlet Achievement > 200M Gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default 90s Hauntlet Achievement > 200M Gear

This is more of a rant but I feel that most endgamers will agree with me on this.
    Right now Hauntlet is catered towards twinks (mainly L.15).

If we all look back at the weekend fastest runs event, the top 50 teams that took over hauntlet were L.15 teams.
    Below you can see our team, composed of very good players and we are all maxed out in gear.

And here's our result

We tried teams of 2/3/4.
    We tried 1 War 3 Rogues / 1 War 2 Rogues 1 Mage / 1 War 1 Rogue 2 Mage
    We tried 30+ runs and not once did we get under 90 seconds.
    A team of level 15's in 100k gear randomly doing w/e they want can easily get under 90s.

I know Devs prefer monsters being "harder" at endgame for harder leveling purposes, so how about buffing the monster difficulty at certain twink levels.
    I'm asking devs to please look into this and even try it themselves to see if this requires a change.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 06-26-2013 at 02:19 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I was there i can vouch needs some fixing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

There is still time in Season 4 for a fix and possible tombs/hauntlet LB wipe.
    Players shouldn't have to create l15 toons just to get on these 2 lb's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It's true. I think I feel even worse for the endgamers who were not around when it was easier to get the title and/or did not get it when they were low level and now have no chance of gaining the achievement. Just to play devils advocate, I guess the other perspective is that at least there is an area where people who can't afford to spend 20-30m or more on gear can compete for a timed run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Many people, including myself, have been saying that hauntlet was way too hard at end lvl as compared to previous caps, in game and on forums. STS said the mobs scaled so you'd need top equip to experience a similar difficulty as before.

I'm happy you guys tested it out with a full team of top equipped players. It seems that this can finally serve as proof of what players have been saying since the 31 cap was released.

I hope STS will look into this.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

few hours later...after swapping through half a dozen players we helped gravescar get his achievement with a time of 1:27

*they were on dmg/speed elixirs*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

meh, got my achieve after season 2. no care haha

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Damn after an hour or two and multiple swap of players we got it but i needed to respec to Venge/Rally cry for speed/ WW/ Smash no heals since it wont help here and had damage elix and speed elix on ... But when i get on my lvl 15 twink i can do runs on pure @1:03-1:07 =))
    Endgamers are screwed tbh!! I feel bad for those who dont have plats and not geared enough who will try to do these on max lvl

Btw thanks love i should have befriended you 2 seasons ago youre not a bad guy dunno why everyone ranting about you haha glad to know you this season bro i really appreciate the offer to help me not too many people willing to help randomly

Thanks to these guys too, iam thanking em because am really not the type who asks for help most of d time i would rather do it myself heh am too shy to ask for help thats why its a big deal when pips come to help me =))

Agnasty
    Beatrixx
    Balistixx
    Btrx
    (sorry if i butchered ur names my memory sucks lol)
    And thanks to those i forgot to mention

I only have pvp achievements left ingame yeyyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

we all love "b"s and "x"s on our names lol.

Anyways just to add on the ranting, I really hate how every time the cap raises, the mobs level up as well. You spend so much on plats to get the best gears, train countless number of hours then get back on the same map to feel so much weaker. The level of the mobs on previous maps should stay the same and just increase the difficulty on newly added maps. I dont know but maybe this is a business strategy to let players buy more plats.

"make them feel weaker every level cap so they buy more plats! muhahaha $$$$"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@Yuri
    Hehe and ull think those are same guys but there are different guys playin diff toons hehe only coincidence they had had similar taste on how their names are constructed heh =)

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

You can have all rogues top level except you. When they are fighting boss keep running to line. How i did it

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

hhhmmmmm.. ehhh....its not hard.. There is a specific strategy in there.. in the last time run LB event me and my team got it for 1 min and 21 secs as first (1), then 1 min 22 (2), 1 min 23 (3), 1 min 24 (4)..1 min 25 (5). before the twinks dominated our 1st to 5th rank LB.. i don't have the screenshot but i guess that time a lot of people see that and my team is not all Top Gear btw...

Our first try after i (solo) analyze the map and told my friends the plan.. we did it in 1 min and 27 secs. 200m Gears help but strategy is more important..

2 rouges (Onestikedead, Chennz)
    1 mage ( Demoniya)
    1 Warrior (Alvinwu)

also, in that event i run with a team who doesn't have a full top gear (50/50) and we dominated crypts and tombs.. as our strategy is not to touch same team with same members we did not get all cause we looking into winning the prizes (random 5 teams per map and so we counted the team is more or less 5-6 same teams, which means 100% we won already) and i'm the only rouge on our team.
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 06-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@crazy
    We have been LB mainstays on our own rights buddy been holding diff LB time runs this season and previous season and have also know how Hauntlet works since we also are Lb time runners just ranting on this post how it is a different thing to run via a twink lvl 15 and a maxed geared lvl 31 player.. We just pulled who are OL because they are doin it to just help me get acheieve not to get LB time run because thats a very different story if ever =)

No disrespect on your acheievement ofcourse just statin a fact how it is a different difficulty task on two different levels giving twinks an advantage on this one.. Besides your fastest 1:21 is much slower than the worst time run of Twink hauntlet runner that shows how unbalanced it is i think you can agree on me on this one =)
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 06-25-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    @crazy
    We have been LB mainstays on our own rights buddy been holding diff LB time runs this season and previous season and have also know how Hauntlet works since we also are Lb time runners just ranting on this post how it is a different thing to run via a twink lvl 15 and a maxed geared lvl 31 player.. We just pulled who are OL because they are doin it to just help me get acheieve not to get LB time run because thats a very different story if ever =)

No disrespect on your acheievement ofcourse just statin a fact how it is a different difficulty task on two different levels giving twinks an advantage on this one.. Besides your fastest 1:21 is much slower than the worst time run of Twink hauntlet runner that shows how unbalanced it is i think you can agree on me on this one =)
    haha :-).. yep! i don't have anything against twinks.. i'm just saying that for level 31 (90 secs achievement) its possible, not easy, not hard...but can be done seriously, again good gears really help a lot but strategy is much more important.
    Last edited by crazyangle03; 06-25-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

endgamers tend better understand
    a. the mechanics of this game
    b. how to play their class effectively

put the above 2 together with hard earned gear and you should be able to achieve great results

now please tell me why my friends who create a new class they never played with @ l.15 manage to get on the leaderboards with minimal tries?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

as i've said i don't have anything against twinks..and i agree its not balance that's all i can say..

and hoping all your concerns will be heard and answered. i'm out!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyangle03 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Agreed. I used to do a few hauntlet runs every day for the tokens and to do some kill farming, but I don't even bother anymore as it is so hard.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    @Yuri
    Hehe and ull think those are same guys but there are different guys playin diff toons hehe only coincidence they had had similar taste on how their names are constructed heh =)
    i know lol

- Ballistixx
    Ballistixx
    Demonz GM

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@ballistixx
    LoL sorry my bad didnt know your forum handle =)) anyway bud thanks for the help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The Hauntlet is dead to me.

Before they made Hauntlet harder it was one of practically guaranteed places where you could do PUG runs with a full party and get something out of it (luck elixir runs & Hauntlet coins) but now it's just not worth it in terms of having to drink so many potions to get through it.

I never managed to get the Haunted title before the difficulty increased and now I have no hope, it sucks.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaim Nail For This Useful Post: