Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request: No more Elite Dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Dev if u say that u will remove elite and there is no elite at ydra and brackenridge.so how can we get malison?if i wrong correct me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I assume that it might drop from the elite boss or monster in the normal map when you lucky enough to encounter them.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Go ahead i like the idea very much
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

How about the LB for those maps then? Will you start a timer like in arena for the elite boss only (since he gets aggro)? So we could have the LB for each boss?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88929&dateline=136981  8890
    Signature created by marshmallow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Agree +1x100^100 for this.next update maybe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I vote yes for this idea
    Remove the elite maps and stop making them in future expansions.
    Last edited by Krowbird; 06-27-2013 at 06:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    A crazy idea but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'd like to either remove the current Elite Dungeons, or at the very least stop making new ones for the future expansions. There would still be Elite dungeons but more in the style of the Gladiator Arena and 'raid' style dungeons, rather than copies of the 'Normal' dungeons.

But what about the loot?!

The Elite Warchests, bronze, silver and gold, would all be moved to the 'Normal' dungeons. They would have a lower chance to drop in the 'Normal' dungeons than they currently do in the Elite dungeons, since those can be cleared much faster.

In addition, the Gladiator Arena and any future content like that, would remain at Elite difficulty and keep its much higher drop rate of Elite loot.

But why?!

• Designers could stop focusing on maintaining the Elite dungeons, which is quite a time sink, leaving us more time for other content. I've always wanted to do more rare encounters in our dungeons so the 10'th time you play through Oltgar Keep, it all of a sudden has an extra boss with rare loot. Maybe even put rare Elite bosses in 'Normal' dungeons, letting you tell your friends/guild to come help you, if you find one.
    • You could now solo and still have a chance at the very best loot in the game
    • Players would be more consolidated, so you'd have more full groups playing together, making new friends. In 'Normal' dungeons, they're not locked once you start killing mobs, so new players can come in and fill spots.

Thoughts and feedback/suggestions welcome!

totally i like the idea.. AL might win again for best mobile mmo again if this happen.

the idea of making the elite boss appear on maps is good, every time he appear on the map a prompt of message will appear on screen and he will be on random area on the map so people whos interested on killing it will find and explore the map.

i hope this happen.. this would be the new era of arcane legends and i think.. i think the economy will be more balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Swede, great idea. How will you treat the loot though? Like would specific egg drops that are tied to only Elite Bosses be dropped from them only when they spawn?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes, very good point. The incentives to run older elite maps is virtually gone, unless I want to farm a specific egg. I think its a complex issue on how do we revive the desire to run older maps as a level-capped player.

Very true mate... I know I do not have the answer. I know in the mmos that I have played since the 90's always had this issue and it was never solved. The beginning "lands" were always vacant. Just to add as I initial stated. The idea that brought me to this game was the mobile aspect. Like Swede stated in a following post 5-10 mins to accomplish something. That was my idea of a mobile app game. If they decide their business model to change from that.. that is fine.. I am not sure that is was attracted most people though.. my opinion only.

I know a lot worry about falling prices of gear. I think it is a good thing. Cept mythic and arcane should be tough. The rest I believe should be available reasonably. Right now the market is shot like most online games. A new player has virtually no chance of getting good gear without buying plat or spending hours upon hours of farming locked chests. I whoel heartedly believe gear should be accessible by all... Let the little skill/skill points involved determine the rest. Quite frankly white and blue are virtual junk. Even more increase the blue stats to be almost on par with pinks. Diversity is good.
    Last edited by Syylent; 06-27-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I LOVE these ideas!

As I have said in other posts, if the dozen or so Friends that I farm elite maps with are not on, I often do it solo in some of the lower level elites (up through Rooks Nest). Soloing elite Jarl in 2.5 minutes is one thing, but soling Elite Bael in 20 minutes is not really much fun at all. Not only is soling elite maps a waste of time (I rarely get good drops), but it is also a waste of pots, so in the end, it's not an enjoyable activity.

Adding the random chance of an Elite Boss or Rare Spawn with guaranteed pinks is a terrific idea - kind of like the Croc from PL that always drop Hooch Hats. Perhaps, instead of guaranteed pinks, it should be 100% pink or vanity.

I also like the idea of a raid style dungeon, but I think that the end boss should be random and scaled more like an Elite++, so they are super hard to kill, maybe half as tough as Truell (the troll). This way, we can have much higher drop rates (25% chance of a pink) so there is a tangible reward and incentive to run this challenging map. It would be neat with boss specific drops, so an raid-style Elite Bael appears 5% of the time, but he give a 25% chance at Malison. Same would go for Kettle and other elite eggs.

Another good idea would be to do a raid style dungeon where "normal" bosses come in as minions - similar to Gold Mine. The boss is tough, and the "boss" minions are an annoyance/distraction. This way, you can increase your drop percentage, in that the minions have the possibility to drop crates or chests, but the Elite Boss drops the valuable items.

I have to say, I am excited about where STS is thinking about taking this game! These ideas are so much better than doing an Elite Skull Cove and having my tank disconnect just before we meet Bloodhammer.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The problem here is inherent in the system of luck. With re-rolls wanting to roll upwards, those pinks would actually drop quite a lot and flood the market. We all know what happens when we have too many pinks of a certain type loose in the game... *cough* crates.
    =get rid of crates?

I like the idea of no elite and a rare spawn. At first I thought it was a bad idea because it wouldn't really give endgamers much to do, but then I though about it more. Endgamers and others would actually have more to do and more of an incentive to run normal dungeons because every run is shorter than an elite run = you don't have to dedicate yourself to the computer/device for hours.
    And I realized I liked the idea because I suck at elites anyway.
    Jed - Sorcerer, Crp - Sorcerer, Qad - Sorcerer, Puj - Warrior, Onf - Rogue
    Remember that thing about AL platinum only being used for elixirs and vanity? Yeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+10000000000!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I'd suggest keeping Elite Maps for the most current content only. All other points sound good to me.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I'd suggest keeping Elite Maps for the most current content only. All other points sound good to me.
    Hmm, not a bad idea. Maybe while doing this, in order to 'reorganize' the elite-exclusive drops from past elite maps (i.e. Malison from elite Rook's Nest), just add a rare mini-boss to normal Rook's Nest that now drops Malison. I like your suggestion, Zuzeq.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    But of course there are problems.

There's the loot. Running elite maps used to be rewarding with an elite pink if you were lucky. But if they were done with, what happens? Loot moves to normal dungeons.
    Either loot will become much easier to get or the normal dungeons will become harder.
    The solution is to make the "elite" loot be more rare. For example, most of the elite loot comes from elite chests. So make elite chests drop from the same boss as regular chests, but make elite chests be much more rare. So maybe 10% of the time you get a chest it will be an elite chest, and the other 90% of the time it will be a regular chest.

Also, since an Elite Silver Warchest is the same color (green) as a regular Silver Warchest, re-roll elixirs will not cause more elite to drop, they will only upgrade your chest to the next best kind (copper to silver, or silver to gold). So the rarity of these elite items will be protected.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-27-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    A crazy idea but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'd like to either remove the current Elite Dungeons, or at the very least stop making new ones for the future expansions. There would still be Elite dungeons but more in the style of the Gladiator Arena and 'raid' style dungeons, rather than copies of the 'Normal' dungeons.

But what about the loot?!

The Elite Warchests, bronze, silver and gold, would all be moved to the 'Normal' dungeons. They would have a lower chance to drop in the 'Normal' dungeons than they currently do in the Elite dungeons, since those can be cleared much faster.

In addition, the Gladiator Arena and any future content like that, would remain at Elite difficulty and keep its much higher drop rate of Elite loot.

But why?!

• Designers could stop focusing on maintaining the Elite dungeons, which is quite a time sink, leaving us more time for other content. I've always wanted to do more rare encounters in our dungeons so the 10'th time you play through Oltgar Keep, it all of a sudden has an extra boss with rare loot. Maybe even put rare Elite bosses in 'Normal' dungeons, letting you tell your friends/guild to come help you, if you find one.
    • You could now solo and still have a chance at the very best loot in the game
    • Players would be more consolidated, so you'd have more full groups playing together, making new friends. In 'Normal' dungeons, they're not locked once you start killing mobs, so new players can come in and fill spots.

Thoughts and feedback/suggestions welcome!
    That's a great idea! Elite dungeons (as copies of normal ones) are pretty boring... If your idea makes easier the developing, it means more contents and that's all I need to listen! :P
    Arcane Legends: Rain (Warrior LVL 30)
    Pocket Legends: Chaostorm (Mage LVL 60)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Another point that I don't see being brought up is that of what will warriors built for tanking elite maps do? How will STS balance out warriors once elite maps are gone? There will be virtually no reason to gear up/spec pure defensive for normal maps. Even now, in elite maps, warriors are not necessary to clear the instance (many people run many elite Nordr maps with just mages/rogues). I don't have a lot of time to expand upon this but thought I'd throw the thought up here for others to elaborate and discuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Do it. If they get plat from new raid dungeons and the same gear drop in reg maps but are rarer that's fine. As it will officially be were casual players can make some gold without needing to spend 20-30mins on one map and plat players can use plat to do it quicker=win win. I'm really glad to hear you guys(Devs) are really lookin at ways to make the game more accessible to all players and bring life and joy back to al
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Another point that I don't see being brought up is that of what will warriors built for tanking elite maps do? How will STS balance out warriors once elite maps are gone? There will be virtually no reason to gear up/spec pure defensive for normal maps. Even now, in elite maps, warriors are not necessary to clear the instance (many people run many elite Nordr maps with just mages/rogues). I don't have a lot of time to expand upon this but thought I'd throw the thought up here for others to elaborate and discuss.
    As was mentioned, there will still be elite bosses which spawn on occasion in the regular maps, and there will be the raid style dungeons like the Arena which will of course still require a good tank. Plus some of the regular bosses are still pretty hard and are much easier with a tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

In addition, you can kiss future timed events/fair LB competention goodbye. Without the presence of elite maps how can an end gamer hang with twikie times? You'll have to revamp the LB to be devided by lvls similar to the lvl guild lines of PvP (every 3 lvls or so).
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 06-28-2013 at 08:27 AM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga